Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debug mode confirmed OFF by Tasos

Some of his comments make you just say WOW; really:

1) Performance issues. These are mostly related to the heavy load due to the heavy launch traffic. This should be cleared up when the traffic slows down after the bulk of users has installed the game and the launch traffic has evened out some.

** Huh?  Most of the people could not even play for a few hours and when hardly anyone was in the game they had the hitching still - can you imagine once a siege takes place...

2) Debug mode is off, but the demand on the server right now is high and this will affect performance such as ping, framerate etc. to some extent. --> for the bulk of yesterday people could not even download the game and play until many hours later...  Yet again makes you scratch your head...

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Another failure brought to you by Aventurine.
  • HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

Game runs shitty even tho i got a high end rig.

I just logged off in the toturial because there i 0 incentive to log into this game.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

** Huh?  Most of the people could not even play for a few hours and when hardly anyone was in the game they had the hitching still - can you imagine once a siege takes place... LOL

I had no lag or hitching for the 5 hours I played.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by wrekognize

** Huh?  Most of the people could not even play for a few hours and when hardly anyone was in the game they had the hitching still - can you imagine once a siege takes place... LOL

STAY in that area then!  The vast majority though are reporting it - in some cases entire clans.  The sad thing though is that this was going in beta with so few playing and even yesterday a bulk of people could not even get into the game.  Imagine once people are in and sieges start happening.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Game ran good for me yestarday. First time DF player, downloaded with torrent, installed, patched and got in 30min after starting the download. Ran around the world and explored with another player for hours with (almost) no crashes.
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

They already used the "debug mode" excuse for the first Darkfall.

Some people never learn.

I know man but it is good entertainment though for reading enjoyment over on the AV forums.  The DF forums are bursting with complaints about load lag/debug mode performance.  Now it is starting on the steam forums slowly and the game is not even for sale there yet - just wait til they start buying it there.

ROFL - someone posted a thread asking Mr. White to please give more information on all his comments where he stated the cause was debug mode and AV yanked it, lol 
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    No internal lag for me either but I still get completely random crash to desktop errors at times, the same kinds experienced throughout the beta process.  Mmmmmm fun times.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Tasos new excuse is server load, what will it be next week? 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by ilives
    Tasos new excuse is server load, what will it be next week? 

The game has been so widely accepted we are seeing staggering amounts of people trying to log into the game never seen before.  We are in the midst of adding new servers to help cope with the demand....

STAY in that area then!  The vast majority though are reporting it - in some cases entire clans.  The sad thing though is that this was going in beta with so few playing and even yesterday a bulk of people could not even get into the game.  Imagine once people are in and sieges start happening.

Played another 4.5 hours today. As for my clan and myself, we have experienced 0 twitching and 0 load lag. I've been in and out of populated cities all day.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Played another 4.5 hours today. As for my clan and myself, we have experienced 0 twitching and 0 load lag. I've been in and out of populated cities all day.

So why is AV working on a fix for an issue that doesnt exist according to you?

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Technical-Support

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87

I don't know about the technical side of it, but it is certainly logically possible that the problem is only being experienced by some players and not others. AV would proably try to iron out an issue even if it wasn't affecting everyone.

Look the company is shady - no doubt.  How do we know that - DEBUG MODE myth....

They no doubt had internal playtests prior to beta and knew 100% what the performance was and what it would be like.  They gave a bogus excuse about "debug mode" during the beta so they could string people along.  It is now confirmed off by Tasos and it did nothig to help the game performance at all...  A flat out lie.

I really don't know. I did talk to a few clan members who are having problems since my last post. But I can say my game is running completely smooth.

Just imagine all the issues being had and this is with stuff that was all tested in beta.  Can you imagine the clusterfuck ahead when they start patching in the content/stuff you guys will not even be used to test...  
    Just imagine all the issues being had and this is with stuff that was all tested in beta.  Can you imagine the clusterfuck ahead when they start patching in the content/stuff you guys will not even be used to test...  

yes I can. It will be like darkfall1, how things got better and better. Until they started to make a new game called 'Darkfall Unholy Wars'. Now they can focus on the new game, which sounds great to me.

Why do you continue to bash this game? Were you fired by AV?

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

Seems like Deerhunter71 was correct and wrekognize and his clan were just very lucky.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364309-Patch-April-20th

"Today we issued a patch which addresses "load lag" again. Performance optimizations are one of our highest priorities as we strive to continuously improve the player's experience."  Tasos

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364088-Patch-April-19th

More optimizations done to eliminate ‘load lag’. There are even more to come, performance is one of our top priorities at the moment."  Tasos

2 days in a row of mainly fixing "load lag".  Weird, for a problem that didn't exist.  image

Good news is that Aventurine is patching things up rather quickly and some of the issues do seem to be getting better.  The sad part is that Tasos again deceived the playerbase with his incorrect statements about the state of the game leading up to Beta.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Did you all forget how DF1 was shitty at first but over time smoothed out until DF2 started development

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Did you all forget how DF1 was shitty at first but over time smoothed out until DF2 started development

Nope.

I didn't forget how Aventurine abandoned their playerbase and was very deceptive about their intentions for the last 1.5 to 2 years that DarkFall 1 was running and they were being paid monthly subs either.

Let's hope this time is different.  image

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

No way, the pain runs deep for some due to promises broken. The emotional baggage that this game and it's development has caused is phenomenal. Some of the folks that followed the making of the game all the way back from 2002/2003 are seemingly never going to get over their unmet expectations. And I'm not even going to get into the whole "I hate Tasos, wahhh" syndrome. I honestly believe in several decades there's going to be people at retirement homes still bitching about DF. 

It really is something to behold. Pretty entertaining too ;)

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Load lag is vastly improved for me compared to debug-beta.

Deerhunter, when are you going to stop making all these hate threads? Get over it already. Find another game.