Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you get to St Louis?

MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169
I finished all of the main quest line, all the way through San Francisco ... so how does one get to St Louis (town of Defiance) ?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    You don't
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    one does not simply walk into st louis.

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169
    really ? i thought that was part of the game as well .. so the only map we have is san francisco?
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Nope, you're stuck in SanFran. That's not all bad though; at least you can get a decent loaf of sourdough bread there.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Mischiff
    really ? i thought that was part of the game as well .. so the only map we have is san francisco?

the tv show takes place in st louis, the game in san fran. Hopefully later on we get bigger maps (see a bunch of locked areas on the current in game map). Not sure about st louis, but hey, its an mmo so tehre are always possibilities.

Oh man ... the world is so empty, was looking forward to having a city to roam around in ... 
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    You should read up a lot on the game and the content that will be added along with the episodic missions.

Yeah, been looking for info on the up comming DLC,   ... 

what i cant figure out though, is , how do you follow TV series missions when they dont even happen in your area.

I dont know, now it just feels like a shooter game with a TV show thats not even happening where i am at .. so how do i even fit into the story .. 

When i got the game i thought 2 maps would make for an ok start of a game .. but now that i find out there is just one map of San Fran, the game just feels way too small for what they charged. It didnt even take a week to get to the end of the main missions, and i finished all of the quest on the main land along with half of the missions on the island already.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

It's already been stated that this first season will basically have no influence from the game. Any influence from game -> tv show will happen with the 2nd season (IF it gets picked up).

Luckily, though, the first episode was surprisingly good for a scyfy. If it keeps improving from there, the likelyhood of a second season is fairly high. However, that also means the game must entertain people for a year to still be relevant by then.

• ilovetopvpilovetopvp Member UncommonPosts: 18
    i live in st. louis. You do not want to make it here.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I finished all of the main quest line, all the way through San Francisco ... so how does one get to St Louis (town of Defiance) ?

You tune into Syfy on mondays at 9pm ... ba dum da!

lol ... 

The game is just very small now .. i dont see how people will be entertained for very long ...

not sure how long it will take the DLC to come out, or how much content each will contain, but its sad that the game has been fun for me so far only to find out how little content there is at the moment.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

lol ... 

The game is just very small now .. i dont see how people will be entertained for very long ...

not sure how long it will take the DLC to come out, or how much content each will contain, but its sad that the game has been fun for me so far only to find out how little content there is at the moment.

One more big patch and then DLC, per the developers planned schedule. 

Game isnt a massive rpg and was never meant to be.  World will grow but i agree it cant be large enough and there cant be enough storyline content.  When the content is good it can never be too long.

Theres a lot of side stuff to do and really the game is much more enjoyable when you dont play it for 15 hours a day every day.

There is actually a ton of content right now, since they dont level lock the storyline people breeze through it and refuse to do side missions, challanges, dungeons, pvp matches, shadow wars, arkfalls, dynamic and stationary events...and throw a fit that theres no content.

But yeah like any game, your going to run out of content if you play it like your unemployed.

I still have 3 areas to clear for pursuits, with san francisco having a TON of content i need to do.  I have done dungeons once over, based on what i have avalible now, and havent really touched pvp more than a few times.  I would probably be done with it all given ive played more than whats considerd healthy...however its a fun game to just dick around in and find something random to do...even if its driving around running mobs over and trying to pull 360's in the air...still trying to figure out where i can pull off a 1080 for the pursuit...

If you aim is to race through the storyline to reach endgame as fast as possible avoid this game.  I cant stress this enough, sadly people still buy the game with the wrong idea about what the game is.  Online shooter =/= mmorpg

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Don't listen to them OP. Here's how to get to St. Louis.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Should I point out that the Battle of Defiance was actually IN San Francisco and that "Defiance" the city in St. Louie is about as common as the city name Albany  (i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albany)
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Personaly I would feel allot more connected gamewise if there was a way to get to the city of defiance.

The concept could have been very simple: create a journey to cap lvl in that journey you will encounter smaller towns (quest/social hubs) and between them lurks all sorts of danger.

When you reach lvl cap the city of defiance could open up allot  more gameplay, you could meet main tv serie characters that might give you new tasks, on the streets you might over hear people talking about things you saw happening in the tv series. See all the familiar places you see in the series

I feel that would give the games players really something to look forward too.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

They actually separate the game and the show into two far away places so the game events/storyline don't have to be directly connected to the show. The TV episode DO mention some characters from the game like when Irisa mentioned "they can finally get the money to pay off Varus" after they sell off the Tera-Sphere. Amanda Rosewater also mentioned she had a meeting with Ara Shondu in passing. The earth republic army is also mentioned multiple times altho none has shown up (yet) in Defiance TV series.

Edit: according to the dev chat today, they did it that way so the game and show can fully function independently of each other so no matter whatever happens to one or the other ... each of them can continue (without major issues).

• CalvinAMiCalvinAMi Member Posts: 8

How do you get to St Louis?

PRACTICE! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!!