Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial Crash : Patching Failed : PE Protocol Error

Guess its best to take the graphic's down and disable shadows/reflections.  

Comments

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    well im still patching after 3 hours it keeps crashing and restarting plus the download speed is horendous and i have 100mb broadband speed,its a mess tbh  and to make it worse i hear people are in game already earning prowess so alot of players are going to be way ahead.
  • luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by natpick
    well im still patching after 3 hours it keeps crashing and restarting plus the download speed is horendous and i have 100mb broadband speed,its a mess tbh  and to make it worse i hear people are in game already earning prowess so alot of players are going to be way ahead.

Lol "way ahead"? You mean like, a few hours ahead?

Also, I don't know if you saw the post Tasos made:

"For players that already have the beta client installed, we would recommend that they download the DFUW retail client via torrent. This should be much faster than patching the beta client through the lobby. "

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by luvboox

Yes WAY AHEAD!!! Perhaps you haven't heard of the current bugs allowing people to get resources @ 17X the normal rate? I'm sure AV will get around to fixing it, but only after many have taken advantage of it.

The torrent still takes hours too.

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by luvboox

Yes WAY AHEAD!!! Perhaps you haven't heard of the current bugs allowing people to get resources @ 17X the normal rate? I'm sure AV will get around to fixing it, but only after many have taken advantage of it.

You know as well as I do that the "17X resources" was a bunch of hogwash. Someone trolled with the 17 wood you get as a reward for completing the "Chop 3 wood" feat, and said, "Look I just got 17 wood in one hit!!!"

Also, I downloaded the torrent and it took 75 minutes...

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    just played for about an hour,crashed 2 times and some freezing but now after crash when im trying to start the client im getting PE protocol error.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    if you get patching failed error after crashing, go to launcher options verifiy. worked for me.

My blog: image

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Too easy to troll people who get told exactly what they wish to hear ^^

Also l2portforward

and right now Patching : Patching failed : peprotocolerror ,not fixed.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by PAL-18

I got that last night.  In the top right corner of the client you can click validate and repair.  I did that and it worked for me to log in.  Did you try that?

Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by PAL-18

I got that last night.  In the top right corner of the client you can click validate and repair.  I did that and it worked for me to log in.  Did you try that?

yea ,just loggin again and again ,happened to me also few hours ago and i thought this got fixed,but now im getting back in it seems.  4/18/13 11:30:50 AM#11

edit: and crash and back to peprotocolerror grind :>