Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nothing new after the show ?

PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482

I thought there was going to be new content added after the show with this big patch  ? or did they have problems with the patch ? episode quests ?

Anyways all I know so far is 6 new pursuits where added. Anyone got any other info as to whats happening ?

Loved the show btw.

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    From what Trion has said, in the first season, the show & game won't affect each other, but during the second season, it will start.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I think it just have not been updated yet - maybe sy-fi channel outside of US haven't show the pilot yet and they are waiting for people to have a chance to watch it first before uploading Episode 2's missions.

That or they are still giving people a chance to do Episode 1 missions - if I remember correctly they will take down episode 1 missions after episode 2 is up, and the end of episode 1 missions do give a nice gun (epic 4 slots).

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I think it just have not been updated yet - maybe sy-fi channel outside of US haven't show the pilot yet and they are waiting for people to have a chance to watch it first before uploading Episode 2's missions.

That or they are still giving people a chance to do Episode 1 missions - if I remember correctly they will take down episode 1 missions after episode 2 is up, and the end of episode 1 missions do give a nice gun (epic 4 slots).

The episode missions were taken down on all servers hours before the show even aired in the US on Monday actually. So far it looks like the "new content" is all of two pursuits...Not impressed.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Amegashie

The episode missions were taken down on all servers hours before the show even aired in the US on Monday actually. So far it looks like the "new content" is all of two pursuits...Not impressed.

Agreed.

It was very disappointing. I felt like Trion mislead us.

On top of that they haven't been able to squash some relativly simple bugs that affect many of the Arkfall and PvP pursuits.

I'm taking a break from the game with the intention to check up on it later.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Damedius

Agreed.

On top of that they haven't been able to squash some relativly simple bugs that affect many of the Arkfall and PvP pursuits.

They screwed up bigtime with yesterdays patch!

The game is in an even worse state than it was already before the patch!

Most stuff listed in the patchnotes have not been fixed at all! And on top of that they introduced a ton of new bugs!

The official forums are litterly on fire and they were very heavy on damage control yesterday, with deleting lots of threads. :-(

Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me. Oh boy oh boy.... what has TRION changed. :-(

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Agreed.

That you have insane hopes and dreams reality can not match is not a company trying to mislead you. YOU thought. THEY did not say. They have never said they will have new content every week, for every episode of the show. They WILL have new content linked to the show... later. NOT every week. So do not blame them for you living in fantasy land. please... Childish and spoiled is not the same as right.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Harafnir

Agreed.

That you have insane hopes and dreams reality can not match is not a company trying to mislead you. YOU thought. THEY did not say. They have never said they will have new content every week, for every episode of the show. They WILL have new content linked to the show... later. NOT every week. So do not blame them for you living in fantasy land. please... Childish and spoiled is not the same as right.

To be fair, I seem to remember seeing an interview where they were talking about pushing for weekly updates to go along w/ the show.

I haven't really been following the game that closely though, and they never said anything about the show effecting the game every episode, just that it would happen (which atm seems to suggest that it'll happen ~ a year from now).

That said, that interview (from what I remember) said nothing about the weekly updates being influenced by the show, just that they wanted to push for similar scheduling.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Saw the first episode yesterday. I didn't like it at all.  Boring SCI FI with dumb ideas to say the least.  Aliens attack earth and the USA cont is where it all happening!  *yawn*
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Agreed.

They screwed up bigtime with yesterdays patch!

The game is in an even worse state than it was already before the patch!

Most stuff listed in the patchnotes have not been fixed at all! And on top of that they introduced a ton of new bugs!

The official forums are litterly on fire and they were very heavy on damage control yesterday, with deleting lots of threads. :-(

Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me. Oh boy oh boy.... what has TRION changed. :-(

Litteraly on fire? That made me laugh.

Anyway, overblowing the problem is silly IMO, yes there was an initial problem but they fixed it. 

And you forgot to mention they gifted players a free tier 4 lockbox for the extended downtime.

I actually like the fact they toned down overpowered weapons, and easy missions that were giving 4 key codes every time.

This is the reality if MMOs, things will constantly change and get tweaked, it keeps the game fresh.

We live in the age of oversensationalising every little thing, don't fall for it.

Dude! Have you even logged in after the patch?

The only fixes that actually went through, were all the nerfs!

There are even more bugs and issues in the game now, then before the patch!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Havn't tried it myself yet but perhaps the Scyfy app sheds a light on more? http://www.syfy.com/sync

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    4GB patch? i was 'wtf' when i started downloading. There is nothing in the patch which warrants 4gb download. A patch which could be easily be wrapped in 200mb file or less. Trion got some really weird way of patching their game. And still somehow they forgot to add resume capability to their patcher.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Rollout of patch took a lot longer than expected, but these things happen.  After the patch the game is significantly better it seems to me (Xbox EU).

I mean that is what I call a patch, they have addressed things in every area of the game.  They don't use vague language in their patch notes like 'should be fixed...'. Their patch release was almost on a par with some MMO companies major point releases.   I was quite impressed, I was expecting a few performance tweaks and that would be it.  But no they have addressed a wide array of things from weapon balance to enemy strength, from side missions to multiplayer.

Don't know about new content, they have introduced the Armistice Festival. Not sure if that's it for now or not.