Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance is the BEST AAA MMO ever!!!

2»

Comments

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    As far as shooter MMOs go, I much prefer Planetside 2 over Defiance.

I think Defiance stands on a different side of the MMOFPS universe. Defiance is by far more supportive of co-op play while Planetside 2 is purely RvRvR.

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358

I couldnt disagree more. To me this is just another game. The only thing is does differently than hundreds of other MMos is the FPS part, or lack of tab targetting.

But Defiance's meta score has been on a very steady and somewhat rapid decline. It now stands at 62,It was over 80 at release. 

All my friends got the game with me, all of us played it and were generally done playing it by the time the TV show even came out. Watching the show was ok, ill prolly do it again, in fact. But it does not bring any urge in me to play this game again. The game is just very redundant, linear and small minded.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I have been ever so slightly thinking about giving Definace a shot but two things.

1 saying Planetside 2 is bnetter scares the crap out of me,i deleted the game within an hour it was so bad.IMO just from the videos alone,no way is DSefiance anywhere near as bad as P2.

2 The combat looks too generic,your basic machineguns and tossing a grenade gets old real quick.I have yet to see much on good customization either.All i have seen is the video on weapon modding and imo it looks shallow and not much at all,but i could be worng,feel free to tell me there is more to it.

Defiance supports single player gaming, Planetside 2 is all about faction warfare and team based tactics/combat, plus Defiance is a MMO3PS game not a MMOFPS like Planetside, you also have 'assisted' aiming in Defiance, there isnt really much to compare between Planetside 2 and Defiance tbh, their so completely different, Defiance is more of a rpg than an out and out shooter like Planetside 2, although the 'shadow wars' bit of Defiance isnt bad, its more akin to Counterstrike in that sense, as its only 64 v 64, but thats not a bad number, and is probably the limit imposed on the game by the console clients. Which is also why the chat features are minimal to nonexistant, consoles don't tend to have keyboards so their probably hoping that voice comms will pick up the slack, though i think PC players will probably use T3 or Vent instead of the in game Voice comms, if they even notice their present.image

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Just wanted to say I just purchased a CD key for Defiance from www.play-sc.com 

It came into my mail instantly! The confusion about actual cost is that its $46 singapore dollars - That equals to about $37 USD or 28EUR

Downloading client as we speak so I can recommend them and say they're legit

enjoy!

• FugglierFugglier Member Posts: 25
    I think the OP has little to no gaming experience. Nuff said.

"..........Lulz......try to IP ban me if you want, hasn't worked yet. I am still here. I have always been here.........."

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Fugglier
    I think the OP has little to no gaming experience. Nuff said.

LMAO over 6 years of WoW so comming from a ex WoW vet and I must say I enjoy this a heck of a lot better then WoW I am never going back to WoW because of Defiance.

I beta tested CATA, SWTOR and also Sub to SWTOR for a bit. Played SWG, COX, Beta tested FR, leggo's, Played LOTR, EVE Played SB and TERA even Played Pirates for about 15 mins. None of these games stand up to Defiance in my book. Well SWG did but that is a diffrent story. If anyone here wants to except the same ol MMO games that we have then fine. What people can not see is that Defiance is a first in the MMO world and I think that players who have not been playing for a long time like me are spoiled and actualy they are limited to the theme box, trinity, mmo world that they have been playing all their mmo life.

Defience is the one of the very few MMO's that you dont have to worrie bout gear and grinding ton of pointless hours for gear. Defience is one of the first were you have one of the best talent systems to date it blows WoW's away and most other MMO's.

People cant stand a change they dont like change. Me I love it and Defience is that change.

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131

Sorry to many botters / hackers in PS2 just look at leaderboards lol no thx for me ill stick with Defiance

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253

I'm very much on the fence. I played Rift and that game and Trion are pushing me towards buying it. The price and fear of a pure shooter are pushing me away. Don't know what to do!

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by BACONX

I'm very much on the fence. I played Rift and that game and Trion are pushing me towards buying it. The price and fear of a pure shooter are pushing me away. Don't know what to do!

To be honesst dude I did not think I would like Defiance at all since I never was into FPS games but the fact that is it a TPS makes a diffrence. It was the story line that got me hooked. If you like a MMO with a very good story line then get it. Chasing Arkfall's around is a ton of fun. Heck just riding around on your ATV or Roller or whatever is fun in itself. Running over mobs.image

• enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37

I've been playing with a couple of friends and we are certainly enjoying it. But frankly I can't conceive how someone could call this the "best ever." The graphics are mediocre. The AI is below mediocre. The quests are all repeats of the same exact things. There are constant bugs. Progression (be it character or via weapons)  has limited impact so nothing really inspires you to keep going. And unless you consider breaking down or putting four mods into weapons "crafting," then crafting is nonexistent as well.

I'm glad you like it. For your sake I hope others do too or you'll be playing alone in a couple of months. Because as it stands there's little to nothing to attract many people long term. I don't regret buying it, and I've only got about 10 hours clocked, but I do not see getting more out of Defiance than I do a typical single player game.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I bought it, worth the 60 bucks but not worth to be called the best IMO.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Wouldn't call this a MMO. "Action shooter that gets boring after a week"