Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise, Age of Conan!!

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    They should make this one B2P as well.  This would be the one out of two games that I bought from Funcom (TSW is the other) that I would actually return too. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by wormed
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Yeah AoC is one of the hiddem gem MMO's, too bad more light isn't brought upon this game.

Blame Funcom for that one. :/

Such huge potential, such lacklustre realisation.

Honestly the only MMO I have ever played that I just LOVED, and it all ended in acrimony.

A real pity, with a decent crack of the whip and really just one or two overhauls (seiges) and some sensible reworks and tweaking (class balance) alongside a decent level of support (more than 10 people in a shed as it seems at times), Age of Conan would be the best MMO around PERIOD.

If they had taken a different PR approach to their poor launch and responded to problems promptly (some fundamental non-brainer issues literally took YEARS) and...

... not diverted all their damn resources to The Secret World, then Age of Conan could have been blockbuster-level successful.

Funcon's strategic managers need lining up and firing for dereliction of duty in my opinion...

Even so - they could STILL recover it - it looks so good, it has great combat, unmatched lore and IP punch, not to mention not having a single manga element anywhere in it.

Will they though?

Based on past performance, and common sense, the rueful answer has to be 'no'.

The best way forward would be if they sold it to another company - one with vision and resources. That sould see it reborn and given a relaunch worthy of it's potential.

I would LOVE to see that... because I have zero confidence in Funcom in this respect - they just don't know how to support a game the right way.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

Even so - they could STILL recover it - it looks so good, it has great combat, unmatched lore and IP punch, not to mention not having a single manga element anywhere in it.

Will they though?

The best way forward would be if they sold it to another company - one with vision and resources. That sould see it reborn and given a relaunch worthy of it's potential.

I would LOVE to see that... because I have zero confidence in Funcom in this respect - they just don't know how to support a game the right way.

Seriously, what´s to recover? The game is fantastic. It just needs a better marketing push, TSW´s single server tech and the crafting revamp. Then, continue with the regular adventure packs. Also it should really get on Steam.

I think the centralised thing was VERY good news, FC always seemed to scattered around the globe, with separated production teams. Now is the chance to refine their games with less financial pressure due to the central team, things need to settle down after the move so they can benefit from the new production pipeline.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

Will they though?

Seriously, what´s to recover? The game is fantastic. It just needs a better marketing push, TSW´s single server tech and the crafting revamp. Then, continue with the regular adventure packs. Also it should really get on Steam.

I think the centralised thing was VERY good news, FC always seemed to scattered around the globe, with separated production teams. Now is the chance to refine their games with less financial pressure due to the central team, things need to settle down after the move so they can benefit from the new production pipeline.

Agreed. AoC is heading a better way now when it can leech of the TSW budget :P

BTW, AoC grows every week now. People in all classes in all levels now on most servers. I think a new content pack pushed out can really take this old beuty up to the next population level :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Based on what I read on the official forums, the PvP servers are absolutely dead. Which makes AoC very uninteresting. PvE servers are lame.
    Based on what I read on the official forums, the PvP servers are absolutely dead. Which makes AoC very uninteresting. PvE servers are lame.

The Blood and Gory servers are less populated yes but Absolutely not dead. At least not any longer. I showed a recent video from a Siege on RAGE. That should pretty much verify my point.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    I'm getting excited about the chatter of increased population and a revamp in crafting?! Whoa that sounds cool and could change the whole game alongside the content releaSES MAKES me really wanna run this through. As I'm just now getting TONS of free time and want to dedicate myself to AoC again, just curious about one thing, SET and WICCANA are both pretty populated right so I couldn't go wrong with either ? OH and are any PvE, PvP, Casual/Progressive/Mature guilds recruiting? Thanks all see you in game! =)

Go with Set server and the Requiem Nex guild... They are pretty serious about what they are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alf9lnF39jY

The Ultimate Breakdown

• hanzo525hanzo525 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by DaSpack
    seems like more and more people join my favourite game again. love it. Wiccana is also happening.

because i post here some nice pictures ;-)

Originally posted by hanzo525

because i post here some nice pictures ;-)

Beutiful !

The Ultimate Breakdown

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    This is one game I always have installed on my HD. I go through phases of either loving it or hating it. The f2p model is now, after the recent upgrades one of the best out there, Tor should be ashamed of theirs in comparison. Really enjoying Rifts at the moment but I know one day soon I will have to roll a new assasin on Fury and get so angry I drop kick my computer out of a window as some spotty kid 20 years younger than me hands me my ass at pvp.........../shakes fist at spotty kids everywhere ;)
    Originally posted by spookydom
    This is one game I always have installed on my HD. I go through phases of either loving it or hating it. The f2p model is now, after the recent upgrades one of the best out there, Tor should be ashamed of theirs in comparison. Really enjoying Rifts at the moment but I know one day soon I will have to roll a new assasin on Fury and get so angry I drop kick my computer out of a window as some spotty kid 20 years younger than me hands me my ass at pvp.........../shakes fist at spotty kids everywhere ;)

Exactly... There are no other game out there that can piss you more off than AoC... Being decapitated really puts you in the shit :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Anyone know if the F2P version gives you access to all the classes? I was a founder and when I went back to play the F2P version they would only let me create like 3 classes. I want to play AOC again but I don't like that as a founder I can't play all the classes even on the F2P side. I mean EQ2 gives you access to 90% of the races and classes for free even if you never bought it.
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Anyone know if the F2P version gives you access to all the classes? I was a founder and when I went back to play the F2P version they would only let me create like 3 classes. I want to play AOC again but I don't like that as a founder I can't play all the classes even on the F2P side. I mean EQ2 gives you access to 90% of the races and classes for free even if you never bought it.

Yes you can be any class you'd like now... F2P

The Ultimate Breakdown

now I receive email from LOTRO

ings Online TO You

LOTRO Announcement - Helm's Deep Launching Fall 2013!

I played lotro and i did not finish one instance and always new was already ready. Do not tell about other staff whey got in game. Its enormous and whey really doing great work

If we got in AOC 1/3 of LOTRO approach will be happy enough

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

That's not true basicly, the big fun for myself is also the big open worlds, and the possibility to gang everyone you like in there. But also I have to admit the pve content is WAY better then many new games doungens or raids (80+ doungens/raids). Even the 80+ pve content who ever likes to quest, is pretty fine and not so grindy anymore.

One tipp for some f2p players, I've seen that Bori kingdom playground is f2p now, which means u can boost your pvp level abit or do some open world pvp against some highlevels xD. Maybe it helps to get a bit faser to the top.

I am playing on a pvp server, which is not awesome but "ok" visited. Anyways you still have bori+ minigames on pve servers^^.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by obake90

Age of Conan has been keeping me hook for the last 3weeks... I can't get enough of AOC, I played a lot of MMO's but AOC has great combat (a little hard at 1st)  and great PvP !!  I feel bad for this game bc of its F-up start but it has come along ways... Just wanted to tell you people to give it a try again and see if you have what it takes to be on the Deathwish Server... The soundtrack is very nice also....

youtube, Age of Conan soundtrack  track 1,  I bet you would like it :)

Happy gaming..

A game on crutches has a hard time rising...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Not played since it went f2p.. but i played back when they released the first exp.. and  i must admit its probally the most fun i have had in a themepark mmo.. it is by far my favourite themepark mmo on the market at the moment..

Awesome graphics, awesome combat system, nice story to follw, good fun to actually level your character it does not feel like i need ot rush to 80, decent character class system, good pvp from small batlle gronud to open pvp areas to hardcore pvp servers.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by FromHell

Yeah I'm also in for the ride. It's even better than I remembed. Got the expansion and adventure packs and patched to 4.0.

AoC has incredibly deep mechanics, huge landcapes, extreme diverse classes, great stories.. cool animal mounts, open world PvP plus loot, mounted combat, combat pets, day night change, epic dungeons and raids, guild sieges, guild cities, great crafting, fantastic combat, alternate advancement and tons of other stuff, heck I don't know why I thought the grasses would be greener elsewhere.. this game is a diamond

btw, population is very good on my european server and there will soon be an upgrade to single server tech so everyone can play without server separation.

Roaming around? whoa, get out of the Tortage introduction, after lvl 20 the world opens up like no other. It's immense, totally different than Tortage. Not much instancing except for dungeons

Say what now? don't just throw around cool phrases explain too what you mean by 'INCREDIBLY DEEP mechanics'.

i guess he mean the combat combo system and blocking system? its pretty deep compared to other themepark games.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    i guess he mean the combat combo system and blocking system? its pretty deep compared to other themepark games.

Deep how? they have made it easier now comapred to when game fist released. They have reduced the number of combos you do..i remember when you had to prss upto 6 arrows for a simple move.

Even then it wasn't deep...the arrows flash on screen and all you need is quick reflexes for it. So yep i still don't  get this 'incredibly deep' mechanics.

• MrSchnuffiMrSchnuffi Member Posts: 25

What also adds some depths is the positioning in combat to deal damage or to heal, weapon switching to use some combos. And the classes have some nice mechanics too, for example the Priest of Mitra or Bear Shaman, you will see PoMs who are able to deal insane damage and keeping their group alive and you will see PoMs who are unable to deal damage at all.  And don't ask me how often I worked on my DT build ^^. I would say that there are not really cookie-cutter builds for all classes since the optimal build depents at least a bit on your gear and the content you play.

But of course if AoC has depths or not does depent on the references. As far as I can see compared to other MMOs AoC has a deeper game mechanic.  And I don't get tired to claim that AoCs healing system was the best invention after sliced bread, it really makes teamplay (working as a team) mandatory for healing and tanking.

Originally posted by MrSchnuffi

PoMs who are able to deal insane damage and keeping their group alive

days ago one POM has in mini 43 Kills !

second player got 23 i think so basicaly was it  about 6-10 kill on player

I ask him if he got reverse healing ... (did not answer me, he was "healing" again i think ;-D )

Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Deep how? they have made it easier now comapred to when game fist released. They have reduced the number of combos you do..i remember when you had to prss upto 6 arrows for a simple move.

Even then it wasn't deep...the arrows flash on screen and all you need is quick reflexes for it. So yep i still don't  get this 'incredibly deep' mechanics.

Well compared to themepark games it is.. its also not just the combos you need to worry about, you can move your active blocks aronud to reduce the damage you take, you can hit more than one target at a time, you can dodge out the way of attacks.. so yeah sure its not as deep as the combat system in mount and blade or somthing but its certainly more to it than your standard tab target themepark mmo..