Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Launch Day Finally Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine Studios has announced that the launch day for the much-anticipated Darkfall: Unholy Wars has finally arrived. The game is available for digital distribution for players interested in the hardcore environment created by the studio.

“We are very excited to see Darkfall Unholy Wars launching today. We hope that our players will enjoy the game for months and years to come and become the driving force in the game’s evolution.” – Zad Mehdawi – CEO, Aventurine

“After five months of beta we are happy to launch Darkfall Unholy Wars. We are grateful to our playtesters for their contribution to the game and we’re happy to have them with us as players today. Darkfall Unholy Wars is the best combat MMORPG experience and our pledge is that it will continue evolving  and pushing the PvP envelope.”  – Tasos Flambouras, General Manager, Aventurine

Find out how to get your copy of the game on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    yay

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Indeed!

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I look forward to the mmorpg.com review as well as reports of it was worth the wait and if the game is better than the pre-NGE version, Darkfall 1.

[mod edit]

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    This game is the best.

Hi

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Looks like a great game. Waiting to see how the game shapes up. So far, all I am getting is bad press. Hopefully, this turns out to be a good game. Despite the developer. 
  • KalanderKalander Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Beta was great, and despite all haters the launch is a success.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Kalander

Care to elaborate on this? 

What did you like most about beta, how buggy was it, best part about launch?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Now this is some comedy right here.  People left the beta in droves because it sucked so bad, and many aren't coming back.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

Easy to have a 'successful launch' when almost no one buys your game.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by wowclones
    http://www.twitch.tv/southpawgamertv a live stream of it

patch failed... initializing... patching failed.. looks fun...

looks like he got back in

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    I preordered a while ago and couldnt play much during the beta because of its issues and how bad it played on my PC, so now I will try my month that came with the preorder and see how it all works out.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    downloading now. i spent a couple of hours in the beta after each update, hating it each and every time.  i don't see why the actual launch of the game will be any different but i'm bored and i did pay for the game after all so why not give it ONE MORE GO.
  • luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87

I too had a blast toward the end of the beta, and I am soooo looking forward to the game. Downloading now  =)

It's not perfect, but it sure beats themepark imo. 

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

I'm watching some dude streaming it and it is a lag fest.  LOL He just got ganked by 3 people and it was a slideshow.

I think I will pass

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I logged in imediatly when the server came up and have been PvEing and gathering ever since.

I'm also getting a steady 80ish fps so yes, for me it was a successfull launch.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    Doesnt change the fact that 90% of the people having big trouble downloading even with big bandwith.And 10% are allready again ahead.I wouldnt call this a success i call it its startet not fine but started :O
  • movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I didnt like the first but loved the idea they had for a game. This time around they have more money and experience so im going ot give it another shot. My all time favorite EQ1 was a mess from the start but what a great game that was and im still tryign ot find a game i loved as much. This one has death p[enalties that will make you sweat and heart beat from excitement. Thats what im looking for. I may finally hang up my tanks (wot). The 60kb per sec patch is something i will do while i sleep. 5gigs
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I suggest anyone interested in this game takes a long hard look at reviews, their forums and every bit of information you can get your hands on. 
  • kp695304kp695304 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    The launch has gone really well(for darkfall), and the game is running smoothly(for most). The game is looking really good graphically and the overall UW overhaul has finally put darkfall into the realm of its true potential, something which was never realistically possible with the original. There are still people unhappy, those who resist change and those not prepared for the realities of darkfall but once people get on with it I think it will quiet down. 
  • NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I find it really funny that these people call it a bad launch because some people have trouble downloading the game, yeah It took 1 hour longer for my whole clan to get in. big woop. 

The game is running smooth.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    the launch had some rigid edges but went rather smooth and succesfully. great game and will only become greater by time!
  • Furion-HunterFurion-Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Launched was rushed... but If the devs wake up and work hard game willl be great.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Too hardcore for me with the politicts and corruption you can be a part of in the game and being solo makes you a target.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Furion-Hunter
    Launched was rushed... but If the devs wake up and work hard game willl be great.

Pretty sad when a game is delayed for years, sometimes suddenly and unexpectedly, and yet still the launch is rushed.