Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ogrim

2»

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Horusra
    I demand Skyrim quality graphics so only 10% of the people can play and appriciate the game and it will suck like EQ2 did when it first hit the shelves and most could not make it work except on low graphics settings.

based on what information exactly? are you in beta?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I demand Skyrim quality graphics so only 10% of the people can play and appriciate the game and it will suck like EQ2 did when it first hit the shelves and most could not make it work except on low graphics settings.

I know you're kidding and all but I still remember the EQ release. It wasn't just graphics quality it was specifically the Voodoo 3D card. Back in those days compuiter 3d graphics were anything but standardized. The Vodoo was the more popular card but I didn't want an add-on 2nd card so I went with the ATI all-in-one...EQ did not support it.

So I went over to Asheron's Call which did support it and never looked back...EQ's loss not mine.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Skyrims vanilla graphics are crap. Even the modding community did a better job of the hi-res textures than Bethesda did when they decided to release their update.

You got to remember, it was a console game ported to PC.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by imagina

This is nowhere close from an Ogrim original design from morrowind that was much more looking like the rock giant from "a neverending story" than a generic / troll / ogre's body and face from a very bad lotr spin off.

Not close by any stretch of the imagination.

it's not that far off

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

part Ogre part troll?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

Tbh I don't see anything similar between this Ogrim and Tera looks.

I think that some people just need to find more important things in life to do or discuss. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by dumpcat

Yes the chin is closer to neverending story. The body is stereotypical big ogre body.

I think it's fine to make small adustments in order to refine an art design. other than the spikes in the new ogrim it falls pretty square with what an ogrim is which is essentialy an Ogre.

Otherwise, where is the complaint about such things as, oh I don't know, the daedra? Personally I think the evolution of the fire daedra has been exceptional.

Or, we can complain and say that it should be congruent to earlier versions. So we get this:

not bad I suppose but why does fire need to walk?

Oh and this is a Daedroth. A different take on what was in Oblviion:

I would say we need more of this though....

For more of the daggerfall bestiary people can enjoy this..

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Orc#Orcs

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Candomble

I think that some people just need to find more important things in life to do or discuss. 

I think (and might be wrong) that he is comparing it to this:

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

Got it. Next thing we can say it seems like a Hutt from SW... Come on...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Regardless it still looks far more like the Ogrim from Morrowind.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    While I can say a lot of bad things about TESO, the "looks" and "names" are not two of them.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

On the OP's issue;

The Ogrim looks good - I don;t see plastic, or inexcusable artistic licence, or indeed anything but a new model which I could instantly identify with my encounters with the mob in Morriwind.

On the thread;

There is any useful purpose to complain bitterly about the marginal nuances of a new mob model as opposed to any of the various substantial issues?

Really?

It looks like an Ogrim - who always looked like Ogres - the clue is in the name..!

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

it's not that far off

Nice understatement. :)

I would say "almost frigging identical."

Let's begin by its face shall we ? The original had more a toad face on the lower part, it had "double" pectorals because, wel, he was much more "fatter" didn't have "spikes" coming from everywhere on it's body, and not wearing that ogrish style leather thing, the "new" ogrim also has no ring on his nipple but it's a silly detail.

This "new" version is much more close to a fan serviced ogrim to look more like an half assed lotr ogre than an actual ogrim.

And i stay with that statement.

Honestly... really...

Are you really complaining that the actual facial anatomy of a low res model in a dated game doesn't exactly and perfectly match up with the improved model in a newer game?

I normally never do this, but still...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

The more i see "graphics" and animations coming from "ESO" the more it feels like any other korean mmo, this "plastic" and unrealistic design would be better in a game like Tera online, not to talk about the poor animations of it's walking / mouth ruminating, and how he charges that "player" or npc whatever.

Apart from the "flabby" feel of his tummy, he feels and Looks very mmo-generic.

Looks like the Ogrim from morrowind to me.

Aye! I guess some do not remember Morrowind or never played it.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

This is nowhere close from an Ogrim original design from morrowind that was much more looking like the rock giant from "a neverending story" than a generic / troll / ogre's body and face from a very bad lotr spin off.

it's not that far off

Let's begin by its face shall we ? The original had more a toad face on the lower part, it had "double" pectorals because, wel, he was much more "fatter" didn't have "spikes" coming from everywhere on it's body, and not wearing that ogrish style leather thing, the "new" ogrim also has no ring on his nipple but it's a silly detail.

This "new" version is much more close to a fan serviced ogrim to look more like an half assed lotr ogre than an actual ogrim.

Don't forget that the horns are pointed the wrong direction, too. /rage

And the toes! How did I miss the toes the first time? 3 vs. 5. As we all know, phalangial physiognomy is of critical importance. I stand corrected. They're like night and day. No resemblance whatsoever.

Sarcasm? (Sheldon Cooper)

• BaltoBroBaltoBro Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

man, this ^^ is The Ogrim;  dissapointed by TESO's version of this daedra; new version looks like a 14yo Ogrim designed in asian style (nothing wrong with that), but it's Elder Scrolls for Pete's sakes!!!! Aaahhh!

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

it's not that far off

You're stretching it.  It's obvious you have something against the game.  Let it rest.  We know; it'll be ok.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

The only dissappointing thing about the orgrim in TESO is that they do not have gigantic testicles bouncing around. Why on the earth would an Daedra care about wearing a loincloth? Unless its a magical loincloth that protects his genitalia. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Xepo
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

it's not that far off

Don't forget that the horns are pointed the wrong direction, too. /rage

And the toes! How did I miss the toes the first time? 3 vs. 5. As we all know, phalangial physiognomy is of critical importance. I stand corrected. They're like night and day. No resemblance whatsoever.

Sarcasm? (Sheldon Cooper)

What gave it away? Was it phalangial physiognomy?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED