Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is not worth the hassle imo

ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
I have pre ordered the game 5 months ago and played through the beta on and off and i must say it is not a good game.It feels very very clunky,buggy and early on very boring.This and Starhawk for the ps3 are the only games i ever regreted purchasing.

Comments

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    LOL...Already commented on this guy. He said he played 10mins and quit...Ya let's take his word for it. The people playing DFUW don't really care what anyone else thinks because 90% of gamers don't want to or can't play these type of games.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    LOL...Already commented on this guy. He said he played 10mins and quit...Ya let's take his word for it. The people playing DFUW don't really care what anyone else thinks because 90% of gamers don't want to or can't play these type of games.

There's plenty of people whom have been playing for the past 5 months and throughtout DF1 saying the same thing.

• NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Yeah. The Darkfall community is so stupid right now... And I have the game. I think that in the next days I will remove it.
  • engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83
    wasnt going to play it but now i am.

played a million mmo's

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Wondering about this game, can you answer some questions as you seem to know a lot about it.

I am worried: How is this game going to survive when only a small fraction of gamers can play it?

What is so special that 90% of the gamers can't play this game?

Does it need some sort of special hardware or controller?

What do i need to do to be able to play this game or what would make me qualify for it, is there some online test i have to pass? If so, do you mind linking it for me?

Thanks in advance.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by taus01

Wondering about this game, can you answer some questions as you seem to know a lot about it.

I am worried: How is this game going to survive when only a small fraction of gamers can play it?

What is so special that 90% of the gamers can't play this game?

Does it need some sort of special hardware or controller?

What do i need to do to be able to play this game or what would make me qualify for it, is there some online test i have to pass? If so, do you mind linking it for me?

Thanks in advance.

Simply, the other 90% have higher standards and don't wont a pay to beta game experience. 

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    this game is not going anywhere with its current payment model
  • luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    I have pre ordered the game 5 months ago and played through the beta on and off and i must say it is not a good game.It feels very very clunky,buggy and early on very boring.This and Starhawk for the ps3 are the only games i ever regreted purchasing.

That's cool. I do not experience the game as "clunky" (hardware differences maybe?) and don't think it's boring. Hope you find a game that you like. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because I'm at work  =)

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by luvboox

That's cool. I do not experience the game as "clunky" (hardware differences maybe?) and don't think it's boring. Hope you find a game that you like. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because I'm at work  =)

Same.  Still got another 3.5 hours of work to go.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    To each his or her own but if the game is unfinished (buggy/clunky) and they're asking money for it that's a red sign. I am not saying it is a bad game either way but I ask people to demand finished products for their money because works in progress can often radically change based on the market environment ergo you're not investing time and money into a fixed game which is getting iterations and polishing, you're investing into a dynamic project which may do any number of things to inadvertantly rob you of your enjoyment.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

So elite...

I would put good money on the real reason "90% of gamers don't want to or can't play these type of games" totally has to do with players having this type of mentallity. You all are not "wolves" nor are you "hardcore". You play video games just like the rest of us.

This could be the reason these games don't have a longer shelf life. When you actively try and shrink your own playerbase by eing jerks, what can you expect.

A few people in this thread could take a lesson from luvboox and Badaboom. They might not agree with the OP but not once did they berate the poster. And you all know exactly who I mean...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

So elite...

I would put good money on the real reason "90% of gamers don't want to or can't play these type of games" totally has to do with players having this type of mentallity. You all are not "wolves" nor are you "hardcore". You play video games just like the rest of us.

This could be the reason these games don't have a longer shelf life. When you actively try and shrink your own playerbase by eing jerks, what can you expect.

A few people in this thread could take a lesson from luvboox and Badaboom. They might not agree with the OP but not once did they berate the poster. And you all know exactly who I mean...

They're hoping Aventurine is CCP and DFUW ends up like EVE (which historically has a rather big group of people, Goonswarm, who proactively discourages random people from joining the eve community because it helps them maintain a zerg-level advantage over most entities in EVE).

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    To each his or her own but if the game is unfinished (buggy/clunky) and they're asking money for it that's a red sign. I am not saying it is a bad game either way but I ask people to demand finished products for their money because works in progress can often radically change based on the market environment ergo you're not investing time and money into a fixed game which is getting iterations and polishing, you're investing into a dynamic project which may do any number of things to inadvertantly rob you of your enjoyment.

Spot on and that is my issue - they are launching without a lot of basics in and why I chose not to buy.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

this

~Hairysun

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

So elite...

Hes right though.  Most people quit 1.0 because they were unable to compete, the games UI fought you every step of the way and you needed a mastery of 3rd party macros to survive...so i understand that.

Other than that 90% of gamers are far too afraid to lose easily replacible pixles to even bother with darkfall. This game caters to elite players because its unforgiving and the derpy gamers will head right back to their themepark when they learn that they cant just learn the right rotation and be the right class to win.

Yes the game has survived since 2008 with a p2p payment model and a low population...even made enough money to get an upgrade...

This game wont be for everyone.  It steps too far away from the comfortable themepark model of games and we all know that no matter how much people whine for something different, the second that different appears they want nothing more than the same old ...which is why most games that are made are exactly the same with a differentl look applied.

Anyway...yeah the game has issues, however, still the best game of its type on the market.  By a long shot.

Now you guys can go run tails between your legs back to your safe and comfortable themepark games where you can complain how every game is boring and the same...ok?  People who love this game will be just fine playing it...game will be fun so long as at least 4000 players are subbed, more the better though.  I think the game will hover around 10k peersonally which will work.  If you want to win a mmo popularity contest theres really only one game for you and i wont name it.  Have fun with that though.

Originally posted by BrownAle

So elite...

Hes right though.  Most people quit 1.0 because they were unable to compete, the games UI fought you every step of the way and you needed a mastery of 3rd party macros to survive...so i understand that.

Other than that 90% of gamers are far too afraid to lose easily replacible pixles to even bother with darkfall. This game caters to elite players because its unforgiving and the derpy gamers will head right back to their themepark when they learn that they cant just learn the right rotation and be the right class to win.

Yes the game has survived since 2008 with a p2p payment model and a low population...even made enough money to get an upgrade...

This game wont be for everyone.  It steps too far away from the comfortable themepark model of games and we all know that no matter how much people whine for something different, the second that different appears they want nothing more than the same old ...which is why most games that are made are exactly the same with a differentl look applied.

Anyway...yeah the game has issues, however, still the best game of its type on the market.  By a long shot.

Now you guys can go run tails between your legs back to your safe and comfortable themepark games where you can complain how every game is boring and the same...ok?  People who love this game will be just fine playing it...game will be fun so long as at least 4000 players are subbed, more the better though.  I think the game will hover around 10k peersonally which will work.  If you want to win a mmo popularity contest theres really only one game for you and i wont name it.  Have fun with that though.

What if I told you some people who spot check this game and say it's shoddy play PVP games? My mainstay games for example are EVE-Online (going on 8 years now) and World of Tanks ( early EU CBT, back when Tiger 1 tanks were a rare sight and you could get half way stuck in a house if you ran into it hard enough ) with a couple of fall back games for pure carefree relaxation (Minecraft, Terraria, soon Starbound and a few mindless ARPGs such as Path of Exile ).

No one's asking this game to win a popularity contest on launch, no one's asking for it to have 1 mil subs in 3 months time, what we're asking for is that people stop accepting shoddy worksmanship and hold the developers accountable for their shortcomings, we did that in EVE-Online nearly 2 years ago and CCP took notice in a big way and we've had 2 awesome expansions since then with another one coming this summer and compared to CCP, Aventurine is a smaller developer with way less slack to jerk their playerbase around with.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Being "hardcore" shouldn't mean fighting a buggy , poorly coded game should it ? What does that have to do with PVP at all ?
    Originally posted by Dahkoht
    Being "hardcore" shouldn't mean fighting a buggy , poorly coded game should it ? What does that have to do with PVP at all ?

Players vs Programer...scrub <.<

/sarcasm

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Hairysun

this

~Hairysun

qft...I don't know how many times I've said this, but it seems that I have to more and more.  Just because YOU don't like a game, doesn't make it bad, it just makes it a bad game for YOU.  As mentioned in this thread, eve has a lot of players, but I can't stand one single aspect of that game, other than it's spaceships (everyone loves spaceships right?).  Just because I absolutely hate everything about it, I don't consider it a bad game.  A bad game, is one that is completely unplayable no matter what you do.  Even if it has bugs, doesn't even make it a bad game, unless the game is crashing like every minute or something crazy like that lol.  There are actually very few "bad" games out there, just alot of bad players.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I played Darkfall 1 for three years.  I played the beta enough to know it's not what I wanted Darkfall to devolve into.  Perhaps for different reasons, I agree with the OP.
  • RogueJDRogueJD Member UncommonPosts: 32

Try to understand that there are rampant fanboys and trolls.  Also, try to realize that your opinion doesn't matter in this setting. ...I don't mean a personal slight; but to say that what you're doing with this post only fuels the fires of the idiots.

You're perpetuating idiocy with this post.  You seem to be ignorant to that concept; and I'd wager that you only did it for one of two reasons:

- To get some sort of "Maslow's Hierarchy-esque" "Social" gratification from it.

- To stir up some shit, for; well, pretty much the same reason.

You make grand presumptions, and profess from an ignorant standpoint.  Your post offers nothing in the way of constructive criticism, nor intellectual feedback.  You have no logical structure to your observations, and seem to come across as someone with an over-inflated sense of self-importance - as if your opinion matters.  At all.

Watch some of Bill Murphy's reviews.  Try to see past the soul patch and lack of wit (just kiddin', Bill) - but try and take in the content.   A good review can bash the livin' hell out of a game, while still not coming off as a complete, demonstrably ignorant idiot.

TL;DR: your post is bad, and you should feel bad.

Originally posted by Gravarg
    Originally posted by Hairysun

this

~Hairysun

qft...I don't know how many times I've said this, but it seems that I have to more and more.  Just because YOU don't like a game, doesn't make it bad, it just makes it a bad game for YOU.  As mentioned in this thread, eve has a lot of players, but I can't stand one single aspect of that game, other than it's spaceships (everyone loves spaceships right?).  Just because I absolutely hate everything about it, I don't consider it a bad game.  A bad game, is one that is completely unplayable no matter what you do.  Even if it has bugs, doesn't even make it a bad game, unless the game is crashing like every minute or something crazy like that lol.  There are actually very few "bad" games out there, just alot of bad players.

A bad game is either a non-functional game or a game which throws artificial barriers up to make it more "difficult". EVE-Online is not a bad game because it is fully functional (aside from that period during the Incarna release where people's GPU's burst into flames due to Captain's Quarters) and the barrier to entry is a experience based one (not the amount of SPs your character has, if you specialize past 8 months you're as good as 80% of people in the game in that area of the game and out of those 80% quite a few have several dozen sps beyond you but you can be competitive and a pain in the ass to deal with even 1 month into the game if you know what to do). Macros within a game in this day and age means one of two things: Either the developer was hella sloppy implementing basic features in the game or they had a budget comparable to 2D indie games.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    This game is not worth the hassle imo

If you ever think that ANY of your gaming experience is a "hassle" you probably should just do something else instead of gaming in general.

Even when I play the crappiest game I won't think it was a "hassle". I would think it was shit, but shit is not the same as "hassle".

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

It seems like MMORPGs these days are either made with good ideas and bad execution or bad ideas and good execution.  I game might be beautiful with perfect optimization but who cares if you just kill 10 wolves all day for your fish biscuit reward?  I followed Darkfall for a long time because they have interesting ideas.  Execution has always been awful but at least there is hope that it will someday be fixed.  You can never fix boring game design, so Darkfall is far more interesting than any themepark game in my opinion.  I'll definitely give DFUW a chance, though i sure as hell won't expect it to run like a champ on launch day, this is AV afterall. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    For what it's worth, I completely regret purchasing this game. The only thing worse than this game is the company that made it. No refunds either so buyer beware.