Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class are you going to play?

kaeljaerenkaeljaeren Member UncommonPosts: 20
My first char is going to be a Guardian Fighter, since that suits my playstyle the most out of the available classes. I hope for a pure Paladin at some point in the future and switch over to that. How about you?

Comments

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I was almost certain it would be a Cleric .

That was until last weekend when I tried a GWF which I absolutely loved . Especially once I got my first companion(I picked up a cleric) and hit 20+ picking up a few more abilites(Roar and new at-will power that hit in large area in front me) that made leveling a breeze. 

Not to mention the second Daily ability can't remember name,the one where you jump straight up into air,come down smashing a large area around you damaging/knocking down all targets.  :P

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i will play a control wizard as a main and probably a rogue (or archer if theres any) as alt BUT..... with the rooting in place crap i dont think i'll play long enough to even reach lvl cap. I will just give it a try since its free

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by kaeljaeren
    My first char is going to be a Guardian Fighter, since that suits my playstyle the most out of the available classes. I hope for a pure Paladin at some point in the future and switch over to that. How about you?

Same here! But since we are not obliged to play the classic trinity style and since personaly i love pvping i will choose the "dps" path / skill build of GF.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Played a NO-control wizard during the beta weekends, and with release I'll make a healer (unless the 5th class will be a druid or bard...)
  • ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93
    My first char is going to be a wizard, I'll go back through most the dungeons farming blue gear to twink out my Guardian Fighter, who will be my main, and I'll have a Great Weapon Fighter to have fun with while my pals who play less often than I do level up. 
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Guardian Fighter hands down.  Love the class....I do love the Rogue as well, but I noticed how insanely popular it is so Ill probably make that my alt.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    rogue.. rogue.. and rogue.. honestly its the only class i enjoy:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

For sure I'll be making a control wizard.  I thought I would be playing a cleric, but that class hasn't turned out so well in my opinion.

I might also make a GWF or a TR depending on how things go after that.

Wth full selfhealing potential the clerics where uber, but currently they lackmso,ething

wondering how good a guardian can become as an AoE dps class...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Paladin....

...wait, F*%@!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by StMichael

Paladin....

...wait, F*%@!

There are 4 roles....  I personally think they should have atleast 2 classes for every role at release, everything less will be a bit dissapointed.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by Sinsai

I was almost certain it would be a Cleric .

That was until last weekend when I tried a GWF which I absolutely loved . Especially once I got my first companion(I picked up a cleric) and hit 20+ picking up a few more abilites(Roar and new at-will power that hit in large area in front me) that made leveling a breeze. 

Not to mention the second Daily ability can't remember name,the one where you jump straight up into air,come down smashing a large area around you damaging/knocking down all targets.  :P

*giant shiney eyes like one of them anime critters*

yes, i too wish to pound the crap out of things with a sharpened steel bar!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Probably Greatweapons fighter. Rogue was fun but I know everyone and their mother will play it, and over-all I enjoy the concept of them as is, though I do hope their animations get improved at some point. Ignoring that its not bad at all playing it.
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by StMichael

Paladin....

...wait, F*%@!

There are 4 roles....  I personally think they should have atleast 2 classes for every role at release, everything less will be a bit dissapointed.

its a f2p model game open beta soft launch.  classes will come, and they will be DnD rulebook flavored like the ones at launch.  which is fine, since the game is obviously meant to maintain some semblence of being DnD neverwinter, which is what appealed to me to want to play it, and alot of other people i am sure!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Why so few Great Weapon Fighters? The class is fun. I know that's what my first class will be.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Roin
    Why so few Great Weapon Fighters? The class is fun. I know that's what my first class will be.

Many players want the easy way out. GWF does some decent damage at high levels and with his gear can tank too. Btw i love and hate at the same time his immune to controlling effects skill.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    I'm going Great Weapon Fighter. 
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Played a NO-control wizard during the beta weekends, and with release I'll make a healer (unless the 5th class will be a druid or bard...)

There is already 5 classes: Guardian, Great Weapon Fighter, Trickster, Control Wizard and Devoted Cleric, there wont be anymore at launch, they said they are working on more but theres no ETA.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I was not able to find one, but is there a date for open beta, if there is are they removing progress? And is there an official launch date yet?

Aside from that, I am likely to go the route of Trickster or Control Wizard.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

GWF and CW

I like them both so i will have to level both but GWF first.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

I was not able to find one, but is there a date for open beta, if there is are they removing progress? And is there an official launch date yet?

Aside from that, I am likely to go the route of Trickster or Control Wizard.

April 30th and if you're a founder even sooner and no more wipes.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• LogicLesterLogicLester Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by kaeljaeren

Rangers and bards are my go to characters in D&D, sadly neither made it in for launch of this game.

So for me it's a toss up between trickster rogue and control wizard.  The rogue was a lot of fun when I tried it, and while the wizard didn't feel very much like a controller to me they did have that magic missile barrage.  Now if only they'd also had the wizards yell out "MAGIC MISSILE!" when casting it, ala that old D&D arcade game, my first character would be a wizard, no question.

Hm, come to think of it, they should have made it so every character shouted out their spells, it'd just be better that way.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Rogue here - could not get over just how fun that class was.  Had a blast with it!
  • DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    My main will be the Great Weapon Fighter.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Trickster Rogue, hands down my favorite class so far.
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    cleric...i will want to play monk or druid 

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic