Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what happened to Steam launch?

HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Not listed on "coming soon" or "new release"?

Edit: appears todays steam launch was more AV bs

Darkfall Unholy Wars is available through the game’s website (www.darkfallonline.com) for the price of 39,95. This price includes the client and 30 days of unlimited game access. Darkfall Unholy Wars will also become available on other distribution platforms, in the days and weeks to come

Comments

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    Well, the steam API is included in the torrent, so it is most likely in Valve's hands now.
  • goflishgoflish Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I saw the steam files during the patching process as well.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    So now it's Steams fault? 
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Anyone that was in the beta knows that the whole steam stuff was just as BS excuse. Half of the game was missing and not working right for a good portion of the beta before things got ironed out. I can't believe they where going to launch the game at the end of last year. With all the server issues and characters not saving and the exploits up the wazzo.

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

Half of the game was missing and not working right for a good portion of the beta before things got ironed out.

Wait- you mean the game wasn't done during the BETA? That's terrible!

Anyway, what does this have to do with Steam again?

Originally posted by luvboox
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

Half of the game was missing and not working right for a good portion of the beta before things got ironed out.

Wait- you mean the game wasn't done during the BETA? That's terrible!

Anyway, what does this have to do with Steam again?

You mean the game they said was "ready" BEFORE the impromptu beta? 

Perhaps, because AV said only two days ago Steam release was going to be today?

Seeing a pattern here!?

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Steam tries not to release broken crap
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Darkfall Unholy Wars is available through the game’s website (www.darkfallonline.com) for the price of 39,95. This price includes the client and 30 days of unlimited game access. Darkfall Unholy Wars will also become available on other distribution platforms, in the days and weeks to come

steam only releases greenlit games on specific dates.  every couple months.  i guess April 16th 2013 isn't one of those dates.

Originally posted by muffins89

steam only releases greenlit games on specific dates.  every couple months.  i guess April 16th 2013 isn't one of those dates.

Perhaps, but it doesnt change the fact AV said it was releasing today on Steam.

Not trolling, I honestly missed it if they said anywhere that DFUW was going to release on Steam today. I know they have talked about releasing it on Steam for quite a while, but I was under the impression that it would not be on launch day, in order to avoid further issues with servers being overloaded.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by luvboox

Not trolling, I honestly missed it if they said anywhere that DFUW was going to release on Steam today. I know they have talked about releasing it on Steam for quite a while, but I was under the impression that it would not be on launch day, in order to avoid further issues with servers being overloaded.

I don't recall hearing about a release date for Steam as well.  Tasos did say they needed to release right away otherwise they would miss a window which could cause another two month launch delay.  So I would expect Steam to release soon, but I have no idea when their typical launch for greenlit games are.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/110245629/810921273999577324/

I'll post a screenshot if AV ninjas this one too.

Looking forward to the next spin. image

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

The reason AV gave for the FIVE MONTH BETA that just ended was because Valve wasn't ready to release DFUW on Steam.  Now they release it without Steam anyways.

Aventurine are frauds and liars.  It is incredibly foolish and perhaps unethical to support Aventurine with your money.

• MegatronicMegatronic Member Posts: 35
    You are just setting yourself up for a fall with this attitude you have.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/110245629/810921273999577324/

I'll post a screenshot if AV ninjas this one too.

Looking forward to the next spin. image

Unlike some, I don't have a need to see everything in a negative light. Thank you for the link, I had not seen that before, since I have not been frequenting the Steam forums. I would be interested to know who the "Developer" is.

Oh, wait, asking that question is probably "spin" isn't it.