Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im pissed when i saw the gameplay of leaked beta footage from PAX.

Comments

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

Think people are a bit overreacting, it didn't look that bad. It didn't show much at all.

I was more disappointed about the person making this video, give him any game and you wouldn't get much out of it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Boldyn
    Originally posted by archeageking
    I blew so many hours into skyrim

So?

It is typical for gamers to adopt a sense of ownership for the games that they play.

Note: "typical", not "rational".

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Does anyone realise that video was intentionally made to make TES look bad?

QFEx2

Amatures to the gaming world and dealing with leaked info....happens everytime.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Latronus

Serioudly right now im royally pissed, i saw the leaked footage on the gameplay and im really RELALLY REALLY pissed off at zenimax. I dont care about the graphics, but by god i want to smash my keyboard right now. Its soooo generic, im just so freaking pissed off right now. I blew so many hours into skyrim, and now they are going to release this crap.

Im fuming. 

Really, another one of these.  Got any specifics to share bud because most us could care less what you want to do with your keyboard or that you are pissed, but I'm totally thinking that Zenimax will call you and totally redesign the game to fit your expectations, of which you provide no insight here, because you are REALLY REALLY pissed off. 

Pretty much summed up what I was thinking.  If I was betting, I would bet the OP is 14 years old or younger.  If not, then just really stupid.

• povilezazpovilezaz Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I enjoyed the video  . Char creation looks nice, graphics ok, combat ok ,looked like elder scrools . I'm really confused why ppl bich around so much ....
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by sirjonnyboy

some leaked beta footage chinese hosting site so no ban.

[mod edit]

I would rather play the first game than the second in all honesty.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

it looked just like skyrim but with other ppl running around to me. and im okay with it.  someone also said they saw tab targetting.... i didnt...

[mod edit]

This is from the rules of conduct:

NDAs

• MMORPG.com does not permit users to post information on games still under an NDA. For more information about your specific game's NDA, please visit their official website.
    It doesn't matter what site it's posted to. Please dont' do this.
    Please look over the rules of conduct. if you have any questions contact Mike Bitton.

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Originally posted by robrose89
    why do people always forget that beta is beta? Can't judge the whole game's content over a 20 minute video from beta...

Game will be released this year, what you see in beta is most of what you'll see at launch. Can't use this excuse all the time.

^ SWTOR for example...

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I've never been one to think that so long as a specific title was attached to a series it was going to be good. Take every game as a single game. Just because its a elder scrolls game doesnt mean it will be good. There are specific characteristis that will be attached to the game however Good or Bad will not be one of them.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by robrose89
    why do people always forget that beta is beta? Can't judge the whole game's content over a 20 minute video from beta...

People said that a lot in SWTOR beta, it released with a lot of the problems people were complaining about in beta.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

TY, finally someone gets it.....

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by nationalcity

TY, finally someone gets it.....

Yep - if you are that worried then you should see the leaked footage from PAX where settings were turned up - looked 10x better and frigging great.  Dude probably turned all his settings down as much as possible to try and flame the game.

The video from PAX has me laughing at this this supposedly horrible video trying to make it look bad.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by TheHavok

Well in all fairness, it was a level 1 character who couldn't figure out how to leave a boat, spent a lot of time in game options, then spammed his basic attack then died twice and didn't complete a single quest - all in the span of 20 minutes. Judging eso on this video would be like getting a cam quality movie and judging it only on its opening credits.

It's like watching a hand-cam video of the first five minutes of a movie and then complaining that the producer lied because the footage you saw wasn't at all HD quality.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Here's how reviews should be done from now on.

1) Double click on World of Warcraft desktop Icon

2) Click Play

3) Watch opening Cinematic

4) Once login screen is there hit quit

5) Write review describing the awesome graphics that WoW has, but there isn't really much to do except hit buttons that take you to your account, watch cinematics or quit the game.

Best review EVAR :)

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Soliloquy

it looked just like skyrim but with other ppl running around to me. and im okay with it.  someone also said they saw tab targetting.... i didnt...

[mod edit]

This is from the rules of conduct:

NDAs

• MMORPG.com does not permit users to post information on games still under an NDA. For more information about your specific game's NDA, please visit their official website.
    It doesn't matter what site it's posted to. Please dont' do this.
    Please look over the rules of conduct. if you have any questions contact Mike Bitton.

too late, just watched the video and its the same old beaten formula killtenrats fetch me some bear , the character seems to float around, its all static and lifeless, it rewards the player for every single thing, like walk 3 steps win 10xp, well nothing we didnt know before, its ... bad, bland and boring, its a kick in the nuts of the tes fans.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I'm still confused about what i was supposed to see in that short video, good or bad.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

That's acutally not a bad thing imho.  getting 10 xp every 3 steps.  I love to explore, why not get xp while doing it :D  A couple days ago in Defiance a GM teleported me off a roof that I jumped my challenger up onto to snipe enemies from.  They couldn't reach me, and it was an "unintended area of play" rofl :)

I was like, I'm always in "unintended areas of play" :)

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Serioudly right now im royally pissed, i saw the leaked footage on the gameplay and im really RELALLY REALLY pissed off at zenimax. I dont care about the graphics, but by god i want to smash my keyboard right now. Its soooo generic, im just so freaking pissed off right now. I blew so many hours into skyrim, and now they are going to release this crap.

Im fuming. 

This is why the content shouldn't of been 'leaked' because of reactions like this among the Elder Scrolls fan community. I can only say that if you are dubious about the game from the early content you have seen, then wait until a review of it to come out to see if its a game for you. 

The trouble with it is that the franchise has  massive community which is strengthened by the modding side of things. Its why people keep playing the games because the sheer amount of mods and personal tweaks and touches that contribute to enhancing the game. 

The MMO will not give you a 'foundry' based system, it will have to succeed on its own merits and the fans will need to trust the developer to make the game in synch with the experience of prior Elder Scrolls games. If they do not, and they keep the classic tropes from typical MMO gaming then they face backlash on two fronts. One, from MMO gamers who are thinking this is going to offer something differen't. The other is the fans who will fee the spirit of their belove franchise has been jaded  by a cash-in to the MMO market. 

It's really too early to tell at the moment as it could go either way, but I would say there is a reason why they have NDA's and why early footage being leaked can harm the game. 

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Oh please with the NDA nonsense already, it's evident players under an NDA will always release information, companies know this and if they're so worried about leaks then perhaps they should reconsider testing methods. Oh wait they're really not worried about it as it's free advertising........ until people complain then the NDA is in effect. Can't have it both ways.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    That's all not our concern, as long as it's not posted or specific details discussed here before NDA is lifted.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• PewpsockemzPewpsockemz Member Posts: 49
    You sirs, have been trolled. Good day.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Distopia
    I'm still confused about what i was supposed to see in that short video, good or bad.

Same here.

I was expecting something horrible...looks like standard 3rd person TES adapted for an MMO...

I wish the first person mode worked the same, though.

Still hoping it's buy-to-play, but prepared for P2P and F2P/B2P in 6-12 months. Seems like a decent game from what I've seen and heard.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Can someone pm me the link to the leaked footage.

Would appreciate it, thanks.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

What are you so pissed about?

All the video showed was some idiot running around killing critters, and dieing to mostly everything else.

Yet it is now so generic because of said video...

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• VendacVendac Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by rojo6934

i watched the infamous leaked video today and as an mmo it looks fine to me. However, like i said a few times before, if TESO isnt better than Skyrim then i expect a game purchase only, no subscription required. Im still having a blast in Skyrim for only 60 bucks (the DLCs and the amazing modding community together makes more content than the devs will ever do even with a sub unless its as successful as WoW to make more content than that). Not willing to pay a sub for TESO unless its better and offers more than SKyrim itself.

The thing is it will over time.  You can have all the DLC and community modded stuff you want, but it will Skyrim will never be multiplayer or have PvP.  That is why Skyrim is single player, and ESO is an MMO.  They are 2 totally different games when you get down to the nuts and bolts of it even though they may share some some of the same things.

If your not cool with that, and dont want to pay a sub that will cost less than going out to dinner at a decent restaurant, going to see a movie, or having a few drinks at the local bar, then dont...  Free to play or buy to play is NOT the answer!

You cant fix stupid - Ron White