Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tasos now telling Beta testers to redownload game via torrent@ 9hrs

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Not exactly a surprise...
    I downloaded the new launcher before work and left it open. Hoping when I get home it will be patched. We will see...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Not exactly a surprise... I downloaded the new launcher before work and left it open. Hoping when I get home it will be patched. We will see...

It doesnt refesh like the old one.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

I was about to patch my beta client but since it's patching all of it, am obviously gonna go for torrent.

Can anybody please post the right torrent link in this topic? Official servers are down.

Thanks

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by sudo

I was about to patch my beta client but since it's patching all of it, am obviously gonna go for torrent.

Can anybody please post the right torrent link in this topic? Official servers are down.

Thanks

One guy downloaded the torrent and when it installed it still wanted to update 6.5 GB of data.  They may need to start over fresh or something; so not even sure the torrent is working as intended.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Thanks

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DFUW.torrent

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178

Thanks

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DFUW.torrent

Thanks

Torrent suck too, getting 157kB/s with 100MB connection.  I was doing better via the patcher.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Not exactly a surprise... I downloaded the new launcher before work and left it open. Hoping when I get home it will be patched. We will see...

LOL
    Did they hire the fan that made the Mortal Online patcher?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

LOL Did they hire the fan that made the Mortal Online patcher?

I've only got 3 weeks to go on the Torrent dl :P

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Ahh, i remember the times when people here were discussion if Darkfall was vaporwere or not. Now if the dl goes to slow or not.

I must say it is a bit of progressimage

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by raapnaap
    You can also patch through the launcher from your beta client soon. Mention all the facts before posting a hate thread.

I've believe that when my client starts patching!!!

Wait- what? What on earth are you doing trying to download this game, Hancakes? You have done nothing but cry about it for weeks!

I'd hate to see how you respond to a game you DON'T want to play!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by daarco

Ahh, i remember the times when people here were discussion if Darkfall was vaporwere or not. Now if the dl goes to slow or not.

I must say it is a bit of progressimage

Progress.  *grin*  Yeah, I can see that.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by luvboox
    You can also patch through the launcher from your beta client soon. Mention all the facts before posting a hate thread.

Wait- what? What on earth are you doing trying to download this game, Hancakes? You have done nothing but cry about it for weeks!

I'm sure he just wants AV to get their shit together because he likes Darkfall and just wants it better.  That goes for Deerhunter as well.

Originally posted by Badaboom

I'm sure he just wants AV to get their shit together because he likes Darkfall and just wants it better.  That goes for Deerhunter as well.

Exactly!

I actually would consider this game AFTER they put in all the content.  And if that miracle happened I would maybe do it, but honestly they would probably ban me and then I am out $ since I am already banned for charging back once.  Granted that was my decision to make and I do not think I have anything to worry about anyway - but hey maybe I will - never know.

BUT load lag is still in and that is a big turnoff for a game based on PvP - since everyone will always know when you are coming...

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Anyone want to bet the torrent seed [main) is being run off there game + web server. Cause that is sure what they did during beta. When it first launched the game was unplayable for a good period of time because it was all on the same machine / bandwidth.

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Anyone want to bet the torrent seed [main) is being run off there game + web server. Cause that is sure what they did during beta. When it first launched the game was unplayable for a good period of time because it was all on the same machine / bandwidth.

Given AVs history of not learning from history! image

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

meh ..... consistent torrent DL now at about 1500k.   (1:06 Hrs)

Well until I get to where everyone else is in the download ......

~Hairysun

Exactly!

Forgive me if I'm skeptical. If you want the game to be better, why would you not do what I did, and give constructive criticism on the Beta forums, rather than griping and chasing everyone away from the game on mmorpg.com? You do realize that's the end result of all your ranting, right? In any case, I'm pretty sure AV doesn't check these forums for game suggestions.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]
    [mod edit]

And load lag is STILL in the damn game....  It was one of the constant complaints from people in DF1 and they wanted gone....  Load lag being in game already makes this a failure, because a game bent on PvP cannot have such a flaw in the game.

Originally posted by Deerhunter71

And load lag is STILL in the damn game....  It was one of the constant complaints from people in DF1 and they wanted gone....  Load lag being in game already makes this a failure, because a game bent on PvP cannot have such a flaw in the game.

If load lag is still in the game that is certainly a big problem, but I don't think it makes the game a total failure. It will certainly make PvP a problem until they fix it, but you have to get prowess points anyway, so you might as well do that while you wait for AV to take out the load lag. Unless, of course, you don't believe that AV will ever fix it- in which case I suggest a different game.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I actually think making us all download the client is genius. It's just AV's way of having a staggered release. Congrats to Tasos for pulling it off i say. image
    luvboox - they could never fix it in df 1.0 so I doubt it will happen this time either. I may have overstated that it alone makes the game fail totally, but it is close. They knew the community wanted and they said it would be done.
  • RogueJDRogueJD Member UncommonPosts: 32

Why am I not surprised ? image   Having the download ready prior to release would have made too much sense eh Tasos? 

Edit, looks like forums are now down.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?362845-Darkfall-Unholy-Wars-Torrent-is-up&p=5978882#post5978882

How can they not learn from past mistakes?

DF1 Beta release, DF release, DFUW beta release, DFUW release  all the exact same AVOIDABLE problems.

[mod edit] You want to play the game.  So do I!  [mod edit]

Look at it from a cost-benefit-analysis point of view  (Let's not forget, it's a source of income for a development firm).  Launch days notoriously suck.  Even a "Triple A" developer can ride that wave all the way to Excuse-land.

The cost of implementing an effective network infrastructure to survive a flawless launch week FAR outweighs the benefit.  The "Excuse" is enough.

"Proper planning prevents piss-poor preformance" - That argument is actively marketed against.  How many apologetic developers have offered some sort of recompense for the percieved loss?  These are often offered when the network loads have settled.  In short, launch-day-"blues" are easily forgotten.

"What about Pre-download?"  Good point.  Arguably a more efficient means of balancing launch-day server loads.  This might lend some notion that the developer isn't credible.  Cost is relatively low.  Risk is relatively moderate-to-low.  I personally question why this wasn't better implemented.  To -not- implement a preload lends to the notion that the developer / publisher leans heavily toward the "profit" margin, as opposed to the "satisfaction" margin.  In short, they could have spent a few buck to flip a few switches earlier to allow us to download sooner.

You're players in  dynamic game.  And I'm not talkin' about the one on your monitor.  See past the login screen, and try to understand something for what it truly is before you comment on it with such ignorant passion.

//Edit:  Arguments concerning torrent speed:  Please at least read a wiki on Torrents, and how they work.  Do your part.  Stay online and Seed.

Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    luvboox - they could never fix it in df 1.0 so I doubt it will happen this time either. I may have overstated that it alone makes the game fail totally, but it is close. They knew the community wanted and they said it would be done.

Well, we will see I guess. I really do hope they fix it, but it's not a real game-breaker for me. Just because I know someone is coming doesn't mean I know whether I can beat them or not  :P