Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] SMITE: Banana ARAM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

SMITE players will soon have a new game mode to play in SMITE. We spent some quality time with Hi-Rez Studios to check out their unique take on All Random, All Mid (ARAM) game mode and have a preview report. Read on and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

For the millions of you out there that are acronymed to death on a daily basis Assault is pretty easy to grasp. ARAM is exactly what it sounds like. Everyone is randomly assigned a god and placed into the game. The map consists of only one lane without a jungle. While this means you will not be able to hunt out buffs it also means there will not be anyone jumping out of the weeds and ambushing the poor unsuspecting souls.

Read more of Rob Lashley's SMITE: Banana ARMA.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

This is a very good game mode and I am really enjoying it. Like you I was stuck playing the same gods over and over and I wouldn't of even thought to try out Cupid. But, thankfully I did and I found that Cupid is a fierce and very useful god to play with. 

Also it takes all your gods that you have unlocked and all of them become available for the random mix (only applying to yourself) so the chances you get to play a good old tried and tested god is high but also creates new love for the gods that might of been getting a bit of a wide birth initially. 

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    If you dont mind the matchmaking (or lack of it should I say) the game is solid. If you go 5vs5 it is fun but if you want to go solo you will eithe roflstomp the other team or you will lose miserably with 2 or 3 feeders. The latter is more probable if you are low Elo.
  • deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Tried this game, and quit after a few matches.  The community is absolutely intolerable of new players.  This was my first MOBA and I couldn't get through a match without "stupid noob" or "stop feed you f****** retard".  I play games to relax and have fun but I couldn't even enjoy myself for long enough to learn how to properly play.  Seems the majority of people that play moba's are those that have absolutely nothing else going on in there lives and makes the game the most important thing to them.
  • TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Originally posted by deviltheory
    Tried this game, and quit after a few matches.  The community is absolutely intolerable of new players.  This was my first MOBA and I couldn't get through a match without "stupid noob" or "stop feed you f****** retard".  I play games to relax and have fun but I couldn't even enjoy myself for long enough to learn how to properly play.  Seems the majority of people that play moba's are those that have absolutely nothing else going on in there lives and makes the game the most important thing to them.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I recommend getting some friends together and learning at the same time. It makes the experience much better.

However, your comment at the end about people having no lives so they play INSERT_GAME/INSERT_WHATEVER, is ridiculous. It's pointless to even mention because you're speaking for such a large audience that you have no possibility of being correct in a blanket statement like that.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

MOBAs by default are a highly skillbased and competitive game. COD has some skill yes, but MOBAs generally require forethought and planning(also called tactics). If you havent learned tactical gameplay others tend to be unforgiving. Just go with it and learn if you want to compete. If you dont want to compete with others, dont play pvp games :s

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by deviltheory

If someone uses that language ask them to immediately stop.  If they don't then report them for harassment, easy to do at the end of the match.  Also be sure to add them to your block list.  I've blocked several mouthy players and reported them.  I never have to worry about them again.  You can ask other teammates to report them as well, never hurts especially for the extremely vocal thugs out there.  Don't be afraid to this.

• FugglierFugglier Member Posts: 25
    Tried SMITE, even played it before open beta for quite some time. Stopped playin it, the community is modeling itsef after the LoL cesspool. 

"..........Lulz......try to IP ban me if you want, hasn't worked yet. I am still here. I have always been here.........."

• PerfectBlendPerfectBlend Member Posts: 49

I picked up a key in closed beta and loved it, its pretty refreshing as I am a LoL addict. Seeing everything in 3d and how it plays out with characters flying and having to really watch the jungle. Also the God Concepts are really frickin cool some commonly used skills (Odins Ring, Ymirs Frozen Blast Thing.) But also some really cool new concepts Vamana Giant form and Freyas whole skillset including flying above the rest of the players and dropping magical nukes. Its really a blast to play.

No Hi-Rez doesn't pay me lol

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    A great game indeed very enyoyable and adds more ability to play the moba genre than other games like LOL that i love to put the fact everything is avoidalbe is very nice

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Very good game, i started playing few days ago once i saw TB's clip on you tube.I like the graphics style, third person view and the fact that all heroes are Gods from mythology.

Also i have to say that no one gave me a hard time in matches yet despite the fact that i am a begginer and that i was rather awful with certain Gods....Monkey King i am looking at you, unlike in Dota2 where in my literally second match i had to explain to some elitist "pro" person that i installed the game like two hours ago and that i have no idea what the hell is going on yet.