Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tasos now telling Beta testers to redownload game via torrent@ 9hrs

HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Why am I not surprised ? image   Having the download ready prior to release would have made too much sense eh Tasos? 

Edit, looks like forums are now down.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?362845-Darkfall-Unholy-Wars-Torrent-is-up&p=5978882#post5978882

How can they not learn from past mistakes?

DF1 Beta release, DF release, DFUW beta release, DFUW release  all the exact same AVOIDABLE problems.

Comments

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

and also not surprised that at the time of me writing this the DF forums are apparently down....

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    yeah they're adjusting the forums into the live product forums, probably adding a technical support, classes, lore and what not type forums.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    yeah they're adjusting the forums into the live product forums

Thats pretty stupid as its the only source of information and how do you know that?

Originally posted by Hancakes

Thast pretty stupid as its the only source of information and how do you know that?

I spend my life trying to be logical as opposed to your position of rage and dismay

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Thats pretty stupid as its the only source of information and how do you know that?

You can go on their facebook page.

Thast pretty stupid as its the only source of information and how do you know that?

I spend my life trying to be logical as opposed to your position of rage and dismay

So you have inside information *cough* or just guessing?  Why wouldnt the forums getting slammed by disgruntled players not also be a option? Considering this is yet another cluster by AV

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by Hancakes Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM yeah they're adjusting the forums into the live product forums

he doesnt know that...hes just blindly hoping we are wrong lol

p.s. everything DF is down...OH but im sure they are just doing it in preparation for launch.../sarcasm

Originally posted by Badaboom

You can go on their facebook page.

You dont give up.. the last post was yesterday.

So you have inside information *cough* or just quessing?  Why wouldnt the fourms getting slammed by disgruntled players not also be a option?

Only inside info I have is the fact the forums were beta forums and the product is now launching and becoming a live product, some time today, I just don't hulk out as quickly as you do, my asshole has long been gaping from the MMO industry.. you seem new, welcome.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    You can also patch through the launcher from your beta client soon. Mention all the facts before posting a hate thread.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Torrent sucks. Anyone got an alternate method?
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Yeah were gonna be waiting for a bit haha but what else is there to PLAY????!!!! 

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

Originally posted by wormed

I'm between 1-3mbs

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by wormed

Get streaming and keep it up so I can download it faster when I get off work.

Originally posted by LongLivePvP
    Yeah were gonna be waiting for a bit haha but what else is there to PLAY????!!!! 

Getting the client is only half the battle.  You have crashes, lag and queues to look forward to. :(

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    At lunch and just saw this. Honestly whether a hater or a fanboy this was to be expected. It is AV though and still funny, lol
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    At lunch and just saw this. Honestly whether a hater or a fanboy this was to be expected. It is AV though and still funny, lol

Its does make you say WTF!!! They've been doing this for how long now?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Tasos the King troll.

I was there the first time around, I'm glad I didn't jump on that train again.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
    I've been looking for a new forum for daily lulz since the MO one died.  This one should do nicely.
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

The patcher is now downloading the entire 6.5 GB game at 200Kb, should be done by August. image

.. Personally, I'd kill for that kind of download speed.. :(

I live in the middle of nowhere, and will be lucky to hit 100K... Going to take me a LOOONG time to download this (Roughly 18 hours).

But I played a bit of DF, and it was fun at the time.. So maybe I'll give this game a shot... In a week or so, when all the patching, login, and account creation issues have had the chance to be worked out.. Not that they all WILL be, but no sense rushing in on day one for me. :D

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

i guess we had a flawless launch like promised at 1 pm GMT  lol

What a crap company ..and you have to re-download the whole client ?  pathetic company..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

I think it is all just borked on the AV servers period which is no surprise.  They tell everyone to DL the torrent - well this guy did DL the whole torrent and yet it still wants to replace 6.5GB of files...

"i downloaded the client via utorrent and installed it, but it still wants to replace 6.5gb of data files"

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

i guess we had a flawless launch like promised at 1 pm GMT  lol

What a crap company ..and you have to re-download the whole client ?  pathetic company..

Plus they took the website/forums down yet the game is still 4 hours past stated launch and the servers still arent up.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Downloaded client in less than an hour and been seeding at 6mb/s for the last hour. Torrent works good.
    Originally posted by Kuro1n
    Downloaded client in less than an hour and been seeding at 6mb/s for the last hour. Torrent works good.

Lucky you..., Websites still down and servers are still down. image