Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone know how long the game is down for?

zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

it has been about an hour so far!

Comments

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Yeah, It's annoying when you haven't played for a week and decide to log in, and nothing happens.  ><
  • WhitetreeWhitetree Member Posts: 76
    It probably has something to do with the free weekend event. Not sure how long it'll be down. Official forums and several other sections of the main site at www.guildwars2.com are also down.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards. -Lois McMaster Bujold

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Guess I will go work on my uni assignments instead!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90
    It was posted on the forums before the downtime that servers would go down midnight pacific time for about 2 hrs.  That of course is all subject to change if problems arise.
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    Once you reach level 80, and pick up some "exotic" gear the game is down forever unfortunately. =

That's weird.

I've reached lvl 80 four times now and the games is still up and allowing me to play more.

Strange...

Yeah, I reached lvl 80, seven times (working on number eight) and can still play!

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Wow, servers were actually down? That's a rarity.

I myself never have a lack of things to do. I've got a couple 80's now, always working towards more. Working on getting Asended stuff on my main alt, guild events, the wonderfully updated WvW is a blast again and I'm in a guild that participates in GvG which is a blast and we all hope to see that added officially soon, maybe for the first expansion.

Doesn't hurt that they seem to add rock solid content patches every single month with some of the best new content I've ever seen in an MMOG. Super Adventure Box for example is astoundingly fun, my guild has been having a blast playing it. I've not done a whole lot with my main just because of the lack of dagger skins.

I can see why some folks don't like the game as much after cap. With no real progression (Ascended gear is optional) and no raiding. Myself, I love that about the game but I know others don't. Game seems to be more for casual MMOGers like myself and for that it suits me greatly. I can only hope an MMOG will come out that is up to par with GW2 in terms of polish, skill-based gameplay that is designed for a more hard-core playerbase. WoW is aging fast, so folks like that (and I have friends who are like that) really need a quality new MMOG.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    GW2 is the MMORPG with the less real downtime, they usually patch "on the fly"... so when the rare downtime happens, I was expecting people to have a bit patience...

Well even now you state that the downtime is such a rare occurence, why wouldn't there be some questions asked, especially if this the first time a player may have ever experienced such an event.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by neorandom
    Originally posted by zastroph

it has been about an hour so far!

considering how bad the game play was, hopefully forever.

You kids always posting in the wrong forums. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    Once you reach level 80, and pick up some "exotic" gear the game is down forever unfortunately. =

if you are a WOW generation player and need that carrot dangling in front of you, yes.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"