Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The patch that was due to release 'around 15th" has been delayed with date 'unknown'

DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Took me by surprise this morning when i checked forums. I was really excited about playing Defiance with a working chat. But now there is a rumor going around that patch is delayed because  they are also adding content in this patch. Could it be just a coincidence that they delayed patch due to show airing yesterday in US?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Took me by surprise this morning when i checked forums. I was really excited about playing Defiance with a working chat. But now there is a rumor going around that patch is delayed because  they are also adding content in this patch. Could it be just a coincidence that they delayed patch due to show airing yesterday in US?

Yeah I gotta say i was disappointed aswell when i saw this.

• falconhandfalconhand Member UncommonPosts: 50

It was no secret that there was something added to the story line after the airing of episode 1, so maybe they discovered something did not working correctly and delaying the whole patch.

Still sad there will be nothing fixed to the social part of the game like chat.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

They said teh patch will be out AROUND the 15th (anyway after the show aired).

Sledgehammer70 also spoke of 15th-16th. So AFAIK it's still possible it comes out today. If you subscribe in twitter to @sledgehammer70 (he is Trion's Community Manager) you can get real time updates on this issue

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by DMKano
    The patch should be here today, that's "around" 15th in my book. 

I think something major went 'kaput' otherwise they won't go straight to 'un known ' from 'around 15th"

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

I think something major went 'kaput' otherwise they won't go straight to 'un known ' from 'around 15th"

It's also possible and it wouldn't surprise me, as it does tend to happen quite often. Put it this way, better before than after

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

id rather have a patch bug free and done properly than one that makes a game more unplayable. I don't mind waiting I am having fun in the game as it is.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I would bet on an issue with the microsoft/sony validation of the patch.

Got a message in game that there is a patch in 30 minutes.

*keeping fingers crossed*

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

Got a message in game that there is a patch in 30 minutes.

*keeping fingers crossed*

Yeah, official forum is ablaze. Not sure it is THE patch but very likely

BTW that would be 7:00 AM PST of the16th

Patch 1.010 is going out at 7:00 AM PT today for all platforms and regions. Expected downtime is 1 hour. More info at http://forums.defiance.com

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

The game is patching now. I am very please to see how well Trion is bending over backwards to make this game very fun to play. This has got to be one of the best Patches I have ever seen for a game.

TYVM Trion.image

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Yet if it had been released with problems, you guys would still complain.   If they don't tell you about patch dates,  you compalin they don't talk to you.  If they are not perfect, you get to complain.  Even if they are perfect, if you don't like something you complain. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Yet if it had been released with problems, you guys would still complain.   If they don't tell you about patch dates,  you compalin they don't talk to you.  If they are not perfect, you get to complain.  Even if they are perfect, if you don't like something you complain. 

It released with problems! I'm complaining!

Dying in Arkfalls and PvP reset kills

Originally posted by waynejr2

You see everything as a complaint don't you? although i wasn't earlier but if you want i have a long list of complaints after the patch... interested? atleast then your post will be more relevant.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney