Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: Which Horror race would you want in CU?

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

In a perfect world, a world of darkness and horrifying creatures CU might just add some good ol' horror races. Which one would you like to see?

Comments

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus londonPosts: 220Member

None: All of them are overdone already, and they do not need to throw everything including the kitchen sink at the game.  

Demon maybe in the sense that a Faustian pact could be made. 

• fanglofanglo Virginia, VAPosts: 290Member
    Werewolves ftw! Micheal Jackson was a werewolf.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Calgary, ABPosts: 397Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

In a perfect world, a world of darkness and horrifying creatures CU might just add some good ol' horror races. Which one would you like to see?

As long as they don't divert from the lore / story plan of the viking/arthurian/TDD myths then don't care.

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• LaeeshLaeesh Münster, ARPosts: 90Member
    woahhh damn hard decision, picked mummies. Unconventional pick and i like the idea of an slow moving buff / zombie / mummie kind of creature. =)

• fanglofanglo Virginia, VAPosts: 290Member
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus

None: All of them are overdone already, and they do not need to throw everything including the kitchen sink at the game.  

Demon maybe in the sense that a Faustian pact could be made. 

Well, most races in MMO's are overdone. Humans, dwarf, elf. Heck take it a step further why are all races humanoids? Where are the other animals at! Only game that really allowed you to be non-humanoids to my knowledge is LOTRO monster mode. I remember making a spider and was thinking how awesome it was to be a frickin spider in an MMO game.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    I don't even know what to say with that list of non-races in this poll. This is sad if people really want this in a fantasy MMO.
  • FoggyeFoggye Portland, ORPosts: 95Member

Revenants -  Roman Soldiers (all male) brought back by Arawn by Arthur's plead to bring back his fallen knights to face the Armageddon.  Arawn brought back Briton's old enemies instead, as their punishment for once defiling it's lands.  Revenants are venegeful undead (like the Crow) to torment the living.

A bit slow and dim, but obedient, strong and tough maybe? Resistent to cold, but vulernable to flire.

• treelotreelo caralPosts: 70Member
    Badgers with human TB, or chickens with a sniffle.

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Seeing as Varulv were all over classic Midgard in DAOC, I guess werewolves is my answer. Although really I'd rather leave races like that for the actual World of Darkness MMO and have more standard fantasy races in CU.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

WOW back in the day Vampires were cool, see what twilight did? "I dont scare, I sparkle"

I went werewolves myself.

For the folks saying none of these exist in fantasy, Google norsk lore ;)

• geelgeel GroningenPosts: 90Member
    I picked demons, would be cool. But I think ghosts would also be nice. Like slightly ehtereal humans. Although it probably wouldnt last. Unless armor wouldn't be ethereal, just the ghost itself.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

I hope none... ;(

• JoeShmoe75JoeShmoe75 Bradenton, FLPosts: 20Member
    I always thought Inconnus were pretty scary.
  • grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon

A rust monster would be a horror to anyone with any metal gear.  A slime or gelatinous cube could put the fear of god in any sentient being.   And you can include pretty much the entire AD&D monster manual and they would all be cool but definitely a horror.

Grog

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,474Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by grogstorm

A rust monster would be a horror to anyone with any metal gear.  A slime or gelatinous cube could put the fear of god in any sentient being.   And you can include pretty much the entire AD&D monster manual and they would all be cool but definitely a horror.

I wish we could have all those in games today.  Lost gear puts the fear in you but I guess that isn't fun.

• PagoasPagoas Little Rock, ARPosts: 106Member Uncommon

1)  Cenobite (i.e., extradimensional horrors... e.g., Pinhead - Hellraiser)

2)  Witch

3)  Doppelgänger

4)  Banshee

5)  Gorgon (e.g., Medusa)

• StilerStiler Athens, TNPosts: 599Member

Werewolves seem the most fitting IMO. However I'd like them to be actually WERE-WOLVEs, and not just "Giant" normal looking wolves. I want a human mixed with a wolf, something like out of Dog Soldiers, An American WErewolf in London, The Howling, etc. None of this "twilight" "just an oversized regular looking wolf crap.

It would seem fitting for the Vikings or such to hav ea class that can shapeshift into a werewolf or something, a warrior type class. 

• tenfoldedmighttenfoldedmight malmoPosts: 54Member

Would like to see mostly human like races and some taken from each realms mythologies, anything but plain animals.

Would like to see more creativity then the poll choises, even though things like demons etc can be alot of things.

• skyexileskyexile MelbournePosts: 692Member

screw horror, give me a valkyrie.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• MC_LaggMasterMC_LaggMaster Faketown, WAPosts: 36Member

Tuatha De Danann = Vampire

Viking = Werewolfs

Arthurian = Zombies

• redcappredcapp brook, NYPosts: 722Member
    None of those, please.
  • grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon

How can we omit the Monty Python Killer Rabbit

This is a must as the protector to the entrance to the Depths J

Grog

• SorninSornin Richmond, BCPosts: 1,133Member

I would not want anything in the poll as I feel they would be out of place. Mummies in an MMORPG largely inspired by European fantasy? I am not saying CSE needs to cling to one specific source for their loe and setting, but I simply do not see how this would fit. Then again, the poll is just for fun so I am probably being too academic.

Keep in mind that a lot of things could work as an NPC race for players to kill, but there has to be a logical reason as to why a horror race would join an alliance and fighting the other realms. For example, how would one explain aliens joining the Arthurians? Or why would mummies join the Vikings? Most mummies do not even seem capable of sentient thought, depending on the source material.

• TaldierTaldier Camp Hill, PAPosts: 235Member
    Originally posted by grogstorm

How can we omit the Monty Python Killer Rabbit

This is a must as the protector to the entrance to the Depths J

This would be the best player controlled boss mob ever.  LOL