Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boston Marathon ( tragedy)

madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

two explosions , dozens injured .

My God., what is happening to our world.

I hope peoples hopes and prayers are with these people .

I am from Mass. , close to home .

I hate what this world is coming too. that is all

I have to admit , I dont know if this was terrorism or a really bad incident , but from what I see it looks like the former...

Comments

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    A saudi national is under police guard in hospital
  • nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    It's depressing and infuriating. Even when we escape the realities of life through videogames and MMOs, we're still reminded by these events that we only have one chance, one life. My thoughts go out to those affected by this tragedy.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    There really are monsters that live among us.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by Punk999

Oh yes.

Westboro baptist church are getting involved on twitter 

Westboro Baptist ‏6h

BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER *** MARRIAGE!

Also earlier I saw they were celebrating the death of an 8 yeare old child. 

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by sancher36
    Originally posted by Punk999

Oh yes.

Westboro baptist church are getting involved on twitter 

Westboro Baptist ‏6h

BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER *** MARRIAGE!

Also earlier I saw they were celebrating the death of an 8 yeare old child. 

Well, I know where I'm going. I've always wanted to see these fools in person. It's a shame these ignorant worms feel the need to spread their hate, especially at an innocent victim's funeral, but I'll be there to give them a nice Boston welcome...

EDIT: Not sure how many people are actually going to read this thread, but here's a petition to keep these animals out of Boston and away from the funerals:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-westboro-baptist-church-entering-boston-and-picketing-funerals-those-who-died-during-bombing/KbLlysdG#thank-you=p

It would be nice if we can actually keep these "people" out of Boston, otherwise things will get ugly for all involved I'm sure. I'm a firm believer in free speech, but I also believe some lines should not be crossed, and the families of the victims should not have to deal with this crap.

Either way, I'll be  keeping an eye on this situation, and I will be swinging by the funerals to pay my respects if the families allow. If this group happens to show up and starts "excercising their right to free speech", well, they better be prepared for the repercussions.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

A man's 8 year old son died in the attack; his young daughter lost a leg; and his wife suffered brain damage. As hard as that family tries to pick up the pieces, they will suffer this attack for the rest of their lives.

This is enraging and unbearable news. I hope they find out who did it.

Ever since 911, I have been vigilant about noticing and identifying unattended bags or packages. And warning appropriate personnel. Very sad no one noticed the unattended bags carrying these explosives.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    One down, and one soon about to go.  Very sad.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If you want to discuss news events, that's fine, but religious and poltiical discussion is not permitted on these forums, as per the sticky above. So please keep those types of comments out of it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]