Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small Clan from GW2 - considering this game but has questions

Small clan here that is leaving GW2 and stumbled upon this game.  I am not going to get into all the bickering I see on these forums about this game.  My simple question is though as a small clan will I be able to get a holding?  I ask because the one bug I did see posted does have me concerned as a small clan for sure. 

Is there an ETA to fix this bug for small clans like myself - as it sounds pretty bad?  I ask becasue I am concerned if the larger clans will still get multiple holdings due to this then we might be out of luck.  Thanks for any information you can provide.

"The biggest bug since the beginning of beta that has gone unfixed, even at the close of beta, is Second holding costs 10% Dominion of the first. So all the big clans will have 10+ holdings each. When it should be 10% more than the previous holding to limit clans."

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Unholy Wars has fewers cities and hamlets than DF1 so they will be more heavily contested.  My advice would be for your guild to focus on you skills first, build up a good bank, duel, duel & duel some more.  Then I would either ally yourself with a clan that has a holding so that you can bind there or try and conquer your own. 
  • dukekillerdukekiller Member Posts: 2

So are you saying this bug is confirmed then and is still in game?  I think you give good advice no doubt BUT if I am denied a holding because of a bug like this and clans have 3-4 holdings when they would have 1 - this sounds like a gamebreaker since you say there are "fewer" holdings....

Thanks for the advice but maybe they will fix this before it goes live?

I'm unaware of the bug.  I've been with Darkfall from the beginning though and I can tell you that  Darkfall will provide you with some high highs and low lows should you decide to try it. 

I too played GW2 and I loved it.  However, something was missing and that something was Danger and risk with consequence.

I haven't played much of the beta as I wanted a fresh experience with Unholy Wars.

If you do play UW, feel free to contact me in game...and that goes for anyone else on this site. 

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    You have a guild Bada ? Cause I need one and if it works anything like DF1 OP then ally with one of the rulers of agon, with the request for a hamlet. The political scape of Darkfall is like no other, no one even mentions how deep the interaction and political nature of this game is.
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    You have a guild Bada ? Cause I need one and if it works anything like DF1 OP then ally with one of the rulers of agon, with the request for a hamlet. The political scape of Darkfall is like no other, no one even mentions how deep the interaction and political nature of this game is.

I'm in the Tenth:  http://the-tenth.com/

and we play on the NA server.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Oh hah, I played with Order of the Blade during DF1 launch think we were allied.
  • MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by dukekiller

So are you saying this bug is confirmed then and is still in game?

Thanks for the advice but maybe they will fix this before it goes live?

Tasos has not responded to this. Game is down so no one can tell you if it is in or fixed or not. And we will not have an answer until someone tries to get their second holding and documents and posts about it.

It will be much easier to get an undefended holding in the initial land grab compared to having to fight for one next week after you have your answer.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94

everyone can get a holding but there sure as hell will be a fight for it. it's only in the very first days on the rush that many clans will rush for holdings and then the big and strong ones will be the ones more likely to get ahold of one first.. but owners will change all the time. if your clan goal is to have a holding you will most likely end up with one, despite a bug or not

this bug wont keep you from getting a holding at all, and is most likely fixed by launch

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

I've claimed and sieged multiple holdings in beta and never had this bug.  If anything it was likely an exploit that AV fixed, but didn't include in the patch notes.

Regardless, claiming a city is one thing, keeping it is completely different.  Don't expect to come in with 20 people and hold a city forever without either joining an alliance, or working on some serious defense agreements.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by dukekiller

Small clan here that is leaving GW2 and stumbled upon this game.  I am not going to get into all the bickering I see on these forums about this game.  My simple question is though as a small clan will I be able to get a holding?  I ask because the one bug I did see posted does have me concerned as a small clan for sure. 

Is there an ETA to fix this bug for small clans like myself - as it sounds pretty bad?  I ask becasue I am concerned if the larger clans will still get multiple holdings due to this then we might be out of luck.  Thanks for any information you can provide.

"The biggest bug since the beginning of beta that has gone unfixed, even at the close of beta, is Second holding costs 10% Dominion of the first. So all the big clans will have 10+ holdings each. When it should be 10% more than the previous holding to limit clans."

Bottom line is you have ti fight for everything...how can you ask if your clan can get a holding when we know nothing about how good your clan is.  Being that you are probably all new to DF and havent' played..no, you will get rolled until you practice a lot.  DF has one of the steepest combat leveling curves of any game I've played.  Your best bet would be to go in and ally with an established clan, learn the game...grow your ranks then try.  You will not come in as fresh noobs and get a holding, not because of a bug though.  Being serious, this isn't a troll response.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Op you need to get your head around what DF is, cities, gear, everyting comes and goes. Only thing thats safe for now is whats in your bank.

If you have a city or hamlet you will loose it at some point, but thats one part of the game.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Op you need to get your head around what DF is, cities, gear, everyting comes and goes. Only thing thats safe for now is whats in your bank.

If you have a city or hamlet you will loose it at some point, but thats one part of the game.

Think hes' looking at it from GW2 perspective, which you can't....these sieges are much more advanced than that of GW2

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

If you are a small clan, you should consider making alliances with other clans. . . This way you will be able to get yourself a holding...

But dude.... Thats the game. If your clan are small, and 2 other clans are small you help eachother and conquer the holding. Dont expect anything in DFUW..... Just join and play for min.... 2 month to understand and get into the gameplay. 

It is retarded to make such a conclusion that you do. . . A small clan in DFUW have alot of changes. You can life in a village or own a Hamlet. . . Or you will have to be stuck at the NPC cities if you cant handle anything. 

In DFUW your kinda free, so its hard to tell you what you can and not. . . Because it depends on other players on the server. It totally depends on how much they want a clan holding etc. etc. . . Try to enjoy the fact, that a small clan wont be able to just have everything a huge clan have. 

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I never heard about the bug, but i can confirm that there will be more cities and hamlets added according to tasos.

it won't be hard to own a city with a small clan because unlike before, you won't get some significant advantage to own multiple holdings from different islands/regions. The portal chambers can be used by anyone in the open world. They are not tied up to a city anymore. It's harder to make plenty of gold so you won't see players running around dropping siege stones that cost 20k for the lol like before.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Small clans will be more viable than they were in DF1, mainly because of the safety of the NPC towns now, in DF1 small clans were often crushed by city griefing before they even managed to get settled into Darkfall.

But as others have said here, joining an alliance would be a good place to start if holdings are part of your goals, as your be able to live out of holdings with your allies.