Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One of the few games with balls

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Sorry guys but all the pseudo macho caveman talk still won't save a bad game from being bad. Meaningful PvP? How can the PvP be meaningful when all you ever tell potential players is: Don't worry about dying, the shit you had looted can be easily replaced. Well wouldn't that make the PvP worthless then? When all the stuff you think is worth something is meaningless? Or do you mean sieges and stuff? Because that for me is pointless. Hot swapping keeps and castles may seem meaningful to some people but I've been doing it for years in one form or another.

Here's a tip...next time you want to entice someone to check out your game or give people the hint to layoff the indies, try being a little bit more subtle.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

Originally posted by Vunak23

Originally posted by Lustmord

Okay guys, have fun in The Old Republic battlegrounds, while we have fun in Darkfall. I heard the Hutt Cartel is super exciting.

Or play Darkfall, and accept it for what it is. The choice is yours, may the force be with you.

Or, we stop taking the shit developers are feeding us and actually demand more from them instead of the shitty quality products we are getting, or WoW clone number 27 in space. 

No I think I wil wait until a game studio actually has the vision and means to create something worth while. Not one or the other. Also Aventurtine will never get a cent out of me. They have some seriously shady business practices. They are just a step above Star Vault in that case. 

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Sorry guys but all the pseudo macho caveman talk still won't save a bad game from being bad. Meaningful PvP? How can the PvP be meaningful when all you ever tell potential players is: Don't worry about dying, the shit you had looted can be easily replaced. Well wouldn't that make the PvP worthless then? When all the stuff you think is worth something is meaningless? Or do you mean sieges and stuff? Because that for me is pointless. Hot swapping keeps and castles may seem meaningful to some people but I've been doing it for years in one form or another.

Here's a tip...next time you want to entice someone to check out your game or give people the hint to layoff the indies, try being a little bit more subtle.

All I ever needed to read....ever....ever...

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

The draw to Darkfall to me, honestly, was never the awesome meaningful pvp, or city seiges.

Those are just components in the overall package of a persistent world.

I like that it's a massive seemless world.

I like that there's only 1 NA server, for this giant world, and the population is niche.

I like that I learn people's names, and they learn mine. We are neighbors in this world, not just random drivers on the freeway together.

It's not for everybody, but it's certainly for people who are sick of heavily instanced themepark mmo's.

When I played Darkfall1, I immediately subbed for 6 months. That is the first and only game I ever subbed 6 months for. It's the best thing we have, for people who want a 3d UO.

Unholy Wars changed a lot of stuff. A some for the worse, other's for the better. But it still feels like Darkfall. It's still a beautiful living persistant world sandbox, where I can log on and do whatever I want.

If you don't like Unholy Wars, best of luck to you. Please don't discourage others from trying it.  I highly reccomend it if you're on the fence.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

The draw to Darkfall to me, honestly, was never the awesome meaningful pvp, or city seiges.

Those are just components in the overall package of a persistent world.

I like that it's a massive seemless world.

I like that there's only 1 NA server, for this giant world, and the population is niche.

I like that I learn people's names, and they learn mine. We are neighbors in this world, not just random drivers on the freeway together.

It's not for everybody, but it's certainly for people who are sick of heavily instanced themepark mmo's.

When I played Darkfall1, I immediately subbed for 6 months. That is the first and only game I ever subbed 6 months for. It's the best thing we have, for people who want a 3d UO.

Unholy Wars changed a lot of stuff. A some for the worse, other's for the better. But it still feels like Darkfall. It's still a beautiful living persistant world sandbox, where I can log on and do whatever I want.

If you don't like Unholy Wars, best of luck to you. Please don't discourage others from trying it.  I highly reccomend it if you're on the fence.

Now that post right there my friend is how you present yourself to potentially new players. Well thought out and cordial. Rant and insult free but unbiasly realistic in both scope and potential appeal of the game. Thanks Lustmord.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I really think the devs have some good ideas. I may try this game out.
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Bring this puppy on!!!!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by goflish
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    anyone have any video of these massive seiges? all the video i have seen from this game so far are small skirmishes

that's DF id like to see one from this game

only the gameplay mechanics have changed.

its the same engine, same network technology. 

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Okay have fun waiting.

You could vote with your wallet, so other developers might take interest.. Or you can vote with your wallet and keep waiting.

But please enjoy this song while you wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-E53gmeO-8

Enjoy your half assed game where the devs don't care about you as a player. I'll enjoy my song until something decent comes out, thanks. 

He's right you know, I'm not saying that there are many games that are great, but, most games are better than sitting around being bitter about not getting exactly what you want. I must also say (if that is your true age) you were born in the wrong timeline to be expecting those devs that care about you as a player, that time has long passed..long passed. Today it's all about money, design credentials and showmanship, even with the indies out there.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310

To the following argument "Show them with your wallet"

The idea is good but much like the same idea being said about  gasoline it's not going to happen. Me not buying a game that seems interesting but failed in some degree is not going to make everyone else instantly not play it the same as some post saying April 22 no one buy gas and they'll lose billions!!! It's never going to happen because let's face it, MMO's are a hobby and form of entertainment and the only way the developers will change is if everyone quit the MMO market; which isn't going to happen. Even though products like Darkfall come out with flaws, I still find fun in them and because of that I can't feasibly see a reason to walk away from the industry. A developer needs to come along with the players come first mentality as a motivation and maybe then we'll see some changes but all this "Boycott" crap is never going to happen.

Will Aventurine fail? Maybe; Does that mean someone else will say "Open spot in the sandbox genre! Let's go team!" no... just means someones gonna say see, told you so, sandboxes can't succeed.

Once upon a time communities use to be passionate and had a love for MMO's now all I see is hate threads on every game. I think a lot of people aren't having fun anymore and those people might need to lead this "boycott" and walk away, find something that makes them happy. We live one life on this planet... I couldn't imagine using so much time of it being hateful on video game forums over things I don't like.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Unholy wars isn't as unforgiving as its predecessor, with many changes having been done in response to many of the issues that caused players to hemorrhage from DF1, issues such as...

NPC griefing, in DF1 there were clans and players, that simply warred other clans to grief those based in NPC towns. This is gone, so those wanting to hang around in NPC towns can do so in peace now, merchants can do their trades, crafters can craft in peace, but most of all, clans/alliances that lose their holdings and find themselves homeless will now have bases to regroup, in DF1 this wasn't the case, which led to many clans failing.

The grind! In DF1 it was endless, players who didn't have the time always felt as though they were left behind, but the new role and prowess system is fantastic for everyone. Yes there will still be those that get a head by playing more, but casuals will still feel as though their progressing simply by doing stuff in game, whether thats through crafting, pve, feats and  pvp, but most importantly, they will be competitive thanks to the role system.

So if you're a bored MMO'er that has had enough of the mainstream and is seeking something that will make the heart pump, whether thats as a pvp'er, pve'er, trader, crafter, explorer, then Unholy wars could offer you that next great experience. My only advice, get yourself into a decent clan, because DF isn't a MMO for those looking for a single player experience, Darkfall has and always will be about teamwork, with everybody being invaluable, no matter what path they choose to take, in Darkfall everyone is important to the cause.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

Okay guys, have fun in The Old Republic battlegrounds, while we have fun in Darkfall. I heard the Hutt Cartel is super exciting.

Or play Darkfall, and accept it for what it is. The choice is yours, may the force be with you.

Or, we stop taking the shit developers are feeding us and actually demand more from them instead of the shitty quality products we are getting, or WoW clone number 27 in space. 

No I think I wil wait until a game studio actually has the vision and means to create something worth while. Not one or the other. Also Aventurtine will never get a cent out of me. They have some seriously shady business practices. They are just a step above Star Vault in that case. 

All I ever needed to read....ever....ever...

100% spot on!

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Always the same ..its the "best" because its the only one who caters to full loot PvP  ....just ...

LACKS everything else...

its not much interaction possible to shape the world ..everything has a build order and no freedom ...

We still need to wait for a good game that is not lackluster..and for that what DF :UW is there are better multiplayer games out to play...

They had the potential to create a good game and missed ..they give up on the sandbox concept  and please only the FPS crowd ..which they fail to please because the FPS crowd thinks the game is slow and they can't jump around anymore and drew retarded circles like in DF 1..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Got to love the people that are MO or DF fans.

They get all the benefits of playing a free FPS game but with the added bonus of paying some shady developer for the chance to do so.

Seriously though, these games are shockingly one dimensional, are poorly developed and stuck in the 'sandbox games must have full loot FFA pvp' mindset. It wouldn't be so bad if they had something else to do.  But all there is to do is engage in 'meaningful' PvP over 'meaningless' crafted goods.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

You nailed it

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Always the same ..its the "best" because its the only one who caters to full loot PvP  ....just ...

LACKS everything else...

its not much interaction possible to shape the world ..everything has a build order and no freedom ...

We still need to wait for a good game that is not lackluster..and for that what DF :UW is there are better multiplayer games out to play...

They had the potential to create a good game and missed ..they give up on the sandbox concept  and please only the FPS crowd ..which they fail to please because the FPS crowd thinks the game is slow and they can't jump around anymore and drew retarded circles like in DF 1..

What it lacks (everything else) is an opinion, one you are permitted to but if WoW style content is considered content to you then cool enjoy that type of game, not sure why you're in this thread. Darkfall has meaning in the ability to lose earnings, build and decorate houses, clan cities all open world seamless massive. People trash talked AoC (Load Zones) people bash every other theme park (PvP has no meaning) PvP was never put first, so now there's a game that puts PvP first and it does it with a skill based system not a tab target system... honestly the players are just unpleasible, people can spew the I'll wait for a solid product crap for the next 20 years... nothing will ever meet most of their requirements the same way no game has. Take Defiance for instance... I find the game incredibly fun to play so do many others... yet theres this mass of degrading and insulting festering from people who aren't even into it... it literally blows my mind. "Give me something different" they shout oh so loudly "Why isn't this like WoW" they then complain so loudly.

Originally posted by Maelwydd

Got to love the people that are MO or DF fans.

They get all the benefits of playing a free FPS game but with the added bonus of paying some shady developer for the chance to do so.

Seriously though, these games are shockingly one dimensional, are poorly developed and stuck in the 'sandbox games must have full loot FFA pvp' mindset. It wouldn't be so bad if they had something else to do.  But all there is to do is engage in 'meaningful' PvP over 'meaningless' crafted goods.

Got to love those who aren't; they come up with half arsed analogies that have no bearing or basis, are complete fabrications and they try to pass it off as true to everyone on their band wagon and unknowing of reality. If by one dimensional means not linear and open to preferred play style then you sir are correct, sounds like you're talking about this AAA theme parks.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Where would MMO's be without plenty of ways guys dream up to measure the size of their e-peens?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    Got to love those who aren't; they come up with half arsed analogies that have no bearing or basis, are complete fabrications and they try to pass it off as true to everyone on their band wagon and unknowing of reality. If by one dimensional means not linear and open to preferred play style then you sir are correct, sounds like you're talking about this AAA theme parks.

OK lets dig deeper

Do you pay to play the game?

Can you play the game without having to fight? or is combat the only real reason to play?

Can you build a house anywhere?

Does the combat have meaning?

Are the items you wear valuable and hard to come by or worthless and cheep to make?

If the combat has meaning but items are easy to replace what give the combat meaning?

Hat advantage does the game have over something like PS2, Defiance, Chivilry or any of the other games that are free and give you PvP...

On second thoughts don't answer, I have lready wasted enough time having a laugh about these games. just go have fun and keep paying the subs.

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    The only problem i have with this game is the shallow combat system, graphics and other game systems in it look really good, and really too me thats what matters, the combat, i would happly pay the $20 per month in EU if it had a deep combat and combo system, such as the one in Dragons Nest, which is free to play. :D
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Yup, AV got some balls making a hardcore game like this (even if DF1 was more extreme).
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

let's call em the sons of neocron :)

alot of good ideas never got the attention or love they deserved.

projects based on pve are just more mainstream.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

Or we could just stick with Eve which is an actual sandbox made by competent devs.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

OK lets dig deeper

okay.

Do you pay to play the game?

yes.

Can you play the game without having to fight? or is combat the only real reason to play?

Yes.

Can you build a house anywhere?

There are specific locations where you can build a house.

Does the combat have meaning?

yes.

Are the items you wear valuable and hard to come by or worthless and cheep to make?

Items range from inexpensive and easily replacable to more valuable and expensive to craft.

If the combat has meaning but items are easy to replace what give the combat meaning?

Items are not necessarily easy to replace.  Easy is a relative term. But items are replaceable. Combat has meaning because you are going to have to replace items if you lose them.

Hat advantage does the game have over something like PS2, Defiance, Chivilry or any of the other games that are free and give you PvP...

Darkfall is 'More World' and 'Less Game' than those other titles. 

On second thoughts don't answer, I have lready wasted enough time having a laugh about these games. just go have fun and keep paying the subs.

GFYS.

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42

There are some people in this thread who are going to bash this game no matter what you say.

I really could care less. I love this game and will enjoy the HELL out of it when it launches, while these miserable, unappeasable people will still be bitching about stuff on MMO forums for the forseeable future.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

If it's going to be a pure combat simulator (Planetside 2) then I probably will not get into it for long, just like PS2.. Constant warfare in a game billed as a "sandbox" is not really my idea of a complete sandbox..

Sandbox games have realistic systems for every aspect of gameplay.. Deeper ones would include things like bank interest, mortgages on plots or housing, seasons, full red tape bureaucracies, trade routes/ caravns etc..

Closests true sandbox I'd say I ever played was Face of Mankind.. As a matter of fact, acts of violence had very stiff penalties and was very frowned upon often if done without good (and I mean good) reason.. You'd make yourself very unpopular running around naked shooting at random people, which would in turn make getting other things very difficult, and EVERYTHING comes from other players, even your "paycheck"..

Sandboxes are more than just about combat, in my opinion.. So if this is just a game to wet a PvP'ers whistle, then I will probably not be there for long..

No one even mentions the deep political systems in this game, all the negotions and things guilds must do to secure the safety of their holdings and country.