Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess the KS Contest

2»

Comments

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
  • BrohimeBrohime Member Posts: 34
  • tokeshtokesh Member Posts: 35

I'm thinking 1.8 mil.  

Might get that bump at the end, might not.  Definitely should not be relying on it.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by naezgul
    Originally posted by Orangu

It will fund, but I don't think stretch goals will be met, assuming goal #1 is 2.25 and #2 is 2.5.

The irony is that if it does fund the stretch goals may come easily, as Paypal will be opened up allowing a new revenue stream

The contest is for funding by the end of the Kickstarter so I would assume the intent is not to include PayPal donations, the $2 million Mark is putting in, the $1 million some other investor is giving, etc. I do wonder what would have happened if Kickstarter supported PayPal or if they had chosen another crowdfunding site that did. Did Mark know about the PayPal issue when he picked Kickstarter?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

As an ignorant Canadian, can anyone explain the paypal issue to me?

There are some countries that don't have visa, is that it?

All the euros I know paid via credit...

• travis9112travis9112 Member Posts: 4
    Is Paypal able to hold funds in escrow? If they do not then that is probably why they do not use Paypal.
  • AdorianBladeAdorianBlade Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by belatucadros

As an ignorant Canadian, can anyone explain the paypal issue to me?

There are some countries that don't have visa, is that it?

All the euros I know paid via credit...

As I understand it KS doesn't really support paypal?

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

$1,550,000

No way this game meets its target of $2m.  Oh well.

• DaizeddDaizedd Member Posts: 142

Contest over.

This was also actually a wierd experiment in crowd intelligence. The hypothesis is that the average of everyone's response will actually be the most acurate guess. I eliminated the joke responses (0,42, 7 7777 7777, 1 180 000) then took the average of the remaining 19 responses which equals 2 141 000. According to my hypothesis, this is the most accurate guess....let's see in 17 days.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    The magic number at the end will be: $1,587,334 

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

Discussion of the progress of the Camelot Unchained Kickstarter can be held in the sticky, which you can find here:  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381204/Camelot-Unchained-Kickstarter-Progress-Discussion.html

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.