Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do?

ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

Dinged my ranger to level 80 2 months ago, Farmed dungeon set (CoF), did some WvWvW and Spvp. I have been pretty inactive for last month because I really dont find anything interesting to do. Farming same dungeon isnt fun, and why I should do it if I already have set? Spvp is fun if you play just few matches, without proper reward system it gets pretty dull if you play it everyday. WvWvW is somehow enjoyable, but items you get with badges is worse and uglier than items I already own.  

What I should do?

Guild Wars 2 is only MMO I have enjoyed after quiting  WoW (two years ago).

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I play alts.. endgame in any current themepark holds no interest to me.. so for GW2 i level alts or play some WvW..

GW2 imho has the best alt leveling experience of any themepark MMO i have played

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Have you done all the dungeons? CoF is the easiest (hence why everyone gets that set first). Some of the zones offer a nice challenge. If you dont enjoy actually playing the game, no there is no carrot on a stick to make you think you are having fun when you are not.
  • ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

Sets I get from other dungeons arent better in stats, you just get them for looks? 

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

You beat Guild Wars 2!

Now go play Age of Fetish...err...Age of Wushu. :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Thelow

Sets I get from orther dungeons arent better in stats, you just get them for looks? 

they are differn't stats not better stats.. you get differn't stat sets from differn't dungeons for differn't builds

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• geelgeel Member UncommonPosts: 93

Same problem here. I have have 5 lvl 80's now.  Combat imo is dull as shit. Yes it has a nice dodge system and it feels fluid. But there is hardly any character customization concerning skills. Every warrior is a warrior.. every elementalist is an elementalist. Yes yes, so you need to learn how to play your class, and this is true. I completely agree. But there is hardly any place for creative ways to deviate from the norm in builds. I often feel pushed in 1 of 2 directions in any class. Either direct damage or condition damage. I always prefer direct damage. Take that into account and customization is almost non existent imho. 

Also endgame to me is  boring. Why would we continue playing? There is 1 reason.. legendaries. While they look amazing, I simply can't push myself to playing any type of content in order to get it. I think a lot of people feel exactly the same as you do. 

One thing my guild/friends keep telling me is. "The world of GW2 will keep getting small patches and expansions, there will be new things coming in every month to keep ur interest." Patches are really good i think, and god I love the super adventure box. But still, I can't bring myself to play even that. Because I don't like anything else about the game. Except the first playthrough when all the "random" and "dynamic" quests feel fresh. But that illusion will soon shatter.

Just my 2 cents.

• ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by geel

Same problem here. I have have 5 lvl 80's now.  Combat imo is dull as shit. Yes it has a nice dodge system and it feels fluid. But there is hardly any character customization concerning skills. Every warrior is a warrior.. every elementalist is an elementalist. Yes yes, so you need to learn how to play your class, and this is true. I completely agree. But there is hardly any place for creative ways to deviate from the norm in builds. I often feel pushed in 1 of 2 directions in any class. Either direct damage or condition damage. I always prefer direct damage. Take that into account and customization is almost non existent imho. 

Also endgame to me is  boring. Why would we continue playing? There is 1 reason.. legendaries. While they look amazing, I simply can't push myself to playing any type of content in order to get it. I think a lot of people feel exactly the same as you do. 

One thing my guild/friends keep telling me is. "The world of GW2 will keep getting small patches and expansions, there will be new things coming in every month to keep ur interest." Patches are really good i think, and god I love the super adventure box. But still, I can't bring myself to play even that. Because I don't like anything else about the game. Except the first playthrough when all the "random" and "dynamic" quests feel fresh. But that illusion will soon shatter.

Just my 2 cents.

Agree with you about combat. Especially in PvE its dull. (Very smooth thought)

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Well there is also the story you get from all the dungeons, have you done that on cof or did youjust team up with people who had?

if not i advice to run all th dungeons on order to see the story. 

And sure the other explore dungeons dont give you better gear but always fun to see all the dif end path bosses right?

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    true i finish game in a month hit lvl 80 and do repeat dung and wvw ,game is way short since release and not new content yet  ,wating expantion  or something new,meanwhile playing defiance and few other game to kill time while waiting

• BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Same for me, gonna give darkfall a try..launching 16th

Pretty fun aiming system for archers.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I had high hopes for Guild Wars 2. Sadly the game stopped being interesting when I hit 80.

Using the 4 spells using a greatsword also made it repetitive from 1-80.

GW2 is a game you complete.

I also look forward to Darkfall, like the power above me.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I had high hopes for Guild Wars 2. Sadly the game stopped being interesting when I hit 80.

What class can only use greatsword? And from what i seen all classes got more then 4 utility/elite skills to chose from, from your post you decided to use limited skillscweapon and made it repetitive mate.

Just an exsmple when i pla guardian i switch bettern greatsword hammer mace/shield mace/torch scepter/torch and staff depending on what i feel i need to use that fight also got 10 diffrent utility and 2 elite only lvl 55 so havent unlocked more atm.

• shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126

guardian pve u only need a greatsword.....yeah you can use other weapons just for kicks but u will be less effective with them...all u gotta do with guard is pull them in...use ur #2,3,4. if you have the ring of fire utility use that and get the burning bolts etc. normal and vets die to that really fast...if on a vet mob maybe use the hounds if you are human to kill it fast. Combat in this game is dull when u soloing the map doing hearts. 

only thing that keeps me going is the achievements. Since their is no gear progression only real sense of accomplishment is titles, achievement points, skins. if you not into those then basically once u hit 80 and get gear then u are bored.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I play alts.. endgame in any current themepark holds no interest to me.. so for GW2 i level alts or play some WvW..

GW2 imho has the best alt leveling experience of any themepark MMO i have played

QFT. What she said. If you are looking for a traditional end game experience, you will not find that here. There is no real gear progression or large scale group content that exists outside of the soft grouping mechanics. If you aren't into zergy PvP, then you might have to wait for an expansion. Since there is no sub, it isn't such a bad deal. You most likely got your 60 dollars worth. I know I did. It just isn't a long term "main" MMO for most people.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Try other builds on ranger. Farm gear for that builds. Make your own builds, dont do cookie cutter ones.

Try other classes/other builds on other classes. Its a refreshment how different classes play and even how different builds play.

Become a commander in Wx3.

Get legendary weapon.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Lokberg

What class can only use greatsword? And from what i seen all classes got more then 4 utility/elite skills to chose from, from your post you decided to use limited skillscweapon and made it repetitive mate.

Just an exsmple when i pla guardian i switch bettern greatsword hammer mace/shield mace/torch scepter/torch and staff depending on what i feel i need to use that fight also got 10 diffrent utility and 2 elite only lvl 55 so havent unlocked more atm.

No one said that Guardians can only use greatsword...

I just always prefer those. I like 2 hander swords so that is how I role.

I did not enjoy the "omg switch weapon every 2 seconds" mechanic." It doesn't feel like a smooth combat mechanic.

Also, when facing a rogue that deals damage just as fast as you and you lose HP equally, it feels worthless to have plate on.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Guild Wars 2 is only MMO I have enjoyed after quiting  WoW (two years ago).

Your mind has been numbed down too much by Blizzard then if you need a carrot to have fun in a game.

Maybe try a sandbox or go back to WOW?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

In my opinion, any themepark is a game you can complete. Once you do all the content you are done. The difference between GW2 and other themparks is that GW2 gives you the carrot (max gear pretty fast) and you don't have to chase it (gear threadmill). People would argue that mmo is not complete until you are maxed geared, but is it really not done?

This problem is persistent in every themepark there is. You either keep playing it because of friends and your guild or getting something hard-to-get like legendary or you stop playing until new content is released.

It's as simple as that - if you can't set your own goal within a game then wait for new content and resume. The beauty of B2P, you paid once for game and at the same time you get all the free content updates in the future, no strings attached.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I recommend either making an alt, playing Tera (f2p) or playing Starcraft 2 (b2p).
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

What I should do?

Take some time off, play something else. If you need the loot/rewards as a motivation to play, GW2 isn't going to cut it, wasn't designed for that. Play something else for while, then come back later when you feel like playing some more. GW2 is an amazingly fun game if you approach it with the right mind set, but if you're expecting WoW with a new coat of paint it's not going to work.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

WvW is my major addiction right now. You don't do it for the badge gear. You do it to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet -- to take their dolyaks and goods and hear the lamentation of their women.

That is best.

Yeah. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

You want to spend time chasing gear? Go for ascended items and legendary.

You want different armor stats? Try crafting and different dungeon (sounds like you've been farming one/two paths of CoF exclusively)

Want challenging PvE? Do fractals

WvW is where I'm at.

If the game is not for you, it's not for you. But there's plenty to do. What you are asking for is a skinner box.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Alts. I kept changing my mind on my favorite profession as I leveled almost all of them to 80 and have been surprised to find which have ended up my favorites at the end of the process. So, yeah, alts are a good way to extend the game.

Dailies. Doing dailies can keep you logging in on days you aren't sure what to do.

Don't do dailies, just explore the world. Dailies have theirn place, but some people just like to explore and not worry about a daily checklist. A good portion of my time playing GW2 has been spent just playing the game as if it was just one massice Skyrim like game.

try a change of focus. Whether PvE, PvP, WvW or dungeons have been your primary focus, just pick another area to enjoy.

If worst comes to worst, take a break and do something completely different. Even the best MMOs can start to feel tiresome for their biggest fans if played with out the occassional "vacation" from the game.

GW2 gives you more to do at the level cap than just about any MMO in the history of the genre, because the game offers four major modes of game play, (five if you include things like Super Adventure Box), a massive world with tons of events and level scaling to allow a level capped player to enjoy just about any area of the massive game world.

I've gotten almost 1200 hours from the game myself and there is a lot of the game I haven't participated much in, so I know there several hundred hours at the very least ahead of me, much more if they ever do a proper expansion of overcome the apparent hiccups in efficiently producing new Dynamic Events for the game world. However, even I have felt a need to cut way back on my playtime in favor of other games and other persuits.

There is a massive game here and a better value does not exist in the MMO space, but it's ok to demote the game to part time status or even take a break from time to time.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Folks saying clases are all the same or even that every character of a class is the same make me laugh. Or 'only useful weapon on a Guardian is Greatsword'. That guy I'm going to assume never did anything but strait up open-world PvE. And if you feel that 'every elementalist is the same elementalist' you are just playing the game wrong, or just going strait up cookie-cutter, and what is the fun in that?

There is a tun of stuff to do at 80, but because there are no raids a 'lot' of poeple get stuck in a rut. There are a bunch of very fun dungeons (everyone starts with CoF) that are excellent fun for a coordinated group. Theres 100% zone completion, legendary weapons to attain, fractals, guild content, so many potential builds and styles to play each profession it can be crazy fun to play around with. Hundreds of armor and weapon skins to work with to find the style that suits you best. Fractals which has some moderate progression and by design is interesting to run over and over. By design anet at any time could add more and more mini-dungeons via fractals over time. There are a tun of achievements that can be fun to work toward, jumping puzzles and a crazy amount of 'hidden' content in almost every single zone. sPvP if your casually into PvP and tPvP if your more hardcore. There isn't a tun of progression outside of skins, but that is enough for some folks. World vs World is a blast, especially after last months patch. Too many people go in, not knowing what to do and just follow the zerg and go 'BORING!' and never touch it again. WIth a decent guild that likes to regularly do WvW and has at least one Commander, it can be fun is hell. I have hundreds of hours of WvW and still enjoy it almost dialy thanks to a great guild. Last but not least is the games awesome alt experience. Non-static content means you can do the same zone half a dozen times and still experience something new. I don't know how many times I've run through queensdale and found something new each and every time.

So yea, there really isn't a major lack of post-80 things to do. There just aren't any raids, and for a lot of poeple who have been molded by WoW to be 'what you do at cap' it can leave you feeling like GW2's post-cap content is lacking. But there's plenty to do, you just have to think somewhat outside the box. Help that each and every month Anet kills it with their monthly content patches. Certainly nice to get content every month on a B2P game. For to long I was seamingly satisfied getting content once or twice a year on WoW and being ok with paying them for it monthly. I can never do that again.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Scottgun You beat Guild Wars 2!   Now go play Age of Fetish...err...Age of Wushu. :)
    Age of Wushu its a umbalanced grindfeast game for a mmo, and it will be even worse with time, nice ideas but with awfull PvP -