Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guess which online game will be the biggest upcoming hit!

guess which online game will be the biggest upcoming hit!

Comments

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    i think a few on the list will be good but wildstar seems to me the most amazing.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

EQ Next out of those. Regardless whether it deserves to or not.

Doubt CU is even going to become a reality.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    None(no hopes for mmo's anymore) but this option was not there so did not voted.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Where is Final Fantasy XIV ARR?

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

EQ Next out of those. Regardless whether it deserves to or not.

Doubt CU is even going to become a reality.

why would you say that? still just under 20 days to go with about 800k needed..

Most kickstarters slow down after the initial week.. will probally kick back up during the last week..

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

i could not make more than 10 options and these came to my mind my friend, I am very sorry :(

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Dungeon Striker will be the next Maple Story, calling it.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Caldrin

why would you say that? still just under 20 days to go with about 800k needed..

Most kickstarters slow down after the initial week.. will probally kick back up during the last week..

I just don't think they're going to reach their mark. It has really died down and frankly I think most that would support it have at this point.

We'll see in seventeen days though. I'm guessing they'll end up somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.8 million at the end.

Asking for 2 million was really a stretch. Amusingly, I personally think if they would have asked for less but had tiers of what could or would be added with additional funding that overall they would have more people invested into the game and would have gotten more money to back the project overall.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

Well it wont be Scarlet Blade.  What possessed them to make a game with fem chars only?  If they had taken that art style and NOT butched it; ie: square the torso, cut off the boobs, NO massive MUSCLE BULK and NO MILITARY CREWS, their crappy game could push peanuts around and get a huge following.  SOAB this world is f*ed up.

I swear to *** I was born poor just so nothing on Earth could advance.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Any reason Titan is not on the list?

Everyone knows that the Blizzard fanboy crowd will only keep playing Blizzard games.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by azzamasin

[mod edit]

If they make male mithras I will buy their shiz even if it's also broken just to make a statement to the world to stop ignoring effeminate men in the game genres.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

FireFall

War Thunder

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Looks like ESO and Wildstar are shaping up as the next GW2 / SWTOR pair for the fans to fight about.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    I chose The Repopulation, this is the title I am most looking forward to playing.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Everything I heard about EQ next makes it sound great, and I have heard no negative details on the game which must mean it will be the next big thing. All other games have such unrealistic hype built on nothing.

Honestly though, I voted EQ next, in the hopes that it is completely different from all other high profile games.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Wildstar looks very very cool! The gameplay is a cut above most other mmos. Thats my pick with EQ Next as my second choice!

I can already imagine many wasted hours playing either of those choices.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    The majority on the list will do well initially, but when people see it's the same old same old the numbers will go down. Just the way it will be until someone is innovative again with mmo's and stop making clones.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Waiting for:
    Swords of the new world: Granado espada
    DOMO

Playing: Ge Sg beta test
    Rappelz
    trickster

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I don't care about everyone elses "hits", as they normally bore me, e.g., WoW, GW2, etc.

My personal hits will be ArcheAge and EQ Next. Almost everything else is the same old story-driven linear crap.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    Accidently voted for ESO, but Wildstar was gonna be my choice, glad too see I'm not the only one excited about wildstar.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Sadly the way this is going to work is that TESO is going to be the big hit. It is going to fly off the "Shelves" and boast the highest sales figures. Then, there will be a massive drop in both interest and players. Lots of appologies and promises that may or may not be lived up to later on. 

Wildstar with its payment model and what its offering is going to be a medium hit that will grow. 

CU may not even get funded let alone developed and won't be seen for many many years even it does. By then a better RvR game is bound to come along. Hell in the number of years its going to take to develop CU even if it does get funded TESO may become the RvR game everyone hopes CU will be. Theres to much chance of failure here and to much time between now and launch for anything great to really come from all of this. 

Star Citizen is going to be really really niche. I think it will do well, but it is going to be a niche game and never really be a huge hit. 

Shroud of the Avatar is going to do ok, but its going to be a niche game thats never really discussed much in main stream gaming. 

Elite Dangerous is going to be niche if anything. Most gamers have never heard of it. Its interesting, but again its lacking mass appeal to ever hit that "Biggest Hit" type of status. 

Archage has a good shot. Its 50/50 on mass appeal and success. 

World of Darkness which I am personally interested in is going to do well, but as a niche game. Biggest hit is a long stretch for this game because of everything it is trying to do. 

Repopulation will likely be a hit among us and a few other sites but it is another that won't have mass appeal. It will be slightly better than niche but not enough so to consider in the running for biggest hit. 

EQ Next sadly has the best chance out of all of these to really grab that "Biggest Hit" title. A well known themepark PvE centric developer looking to bridge the gap between themeparks and sandbox. They have the marketing, the budget, the talent, and the experience to pull it off. 

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Well i voted for Elite as it has a place in my heart, other than that itseither Star Citizen or EQ Next.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by azzamasin

[mod edit]

Well the reboot is not the same as the game that failed at release and it happens to have a lot of features that I have been looking for in a MMO. At any rate, you obviously  have no idea......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

You missed Titan, D3 expansion and Destiny.

Any of these three probably will be bigger than all on the list, except ESO.