Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did you expect ?!

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am preplexed with amount of whining over the leaked video.

"The game looks terrible!" ... fanboys leaving.

But I wonder, honestly : What did you expect ?

Cause I aint seeing anything that would in any way contradict anything that was said and reported about game so far.

So what made you scream "bloody murder" now ?

Is it graphics ? Because in beta only the lowest resolution textures are enabled and 3d effects are on bare minimum. Its only in late beta cycles that they enable all "eye candy" ... but you knew that , right ?

Is it animations ? Because in Beta most animations are placeholders...

Is it the fact its just another MMO with zero innovation ?

But you knew that before....

So why complain now ?

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    I am preplexed with amount of whining over the leaked video."The game looks terrible!" ... fanboys leaving. But I wonder, honestly : What did you expect ?Cause I aint seeing anything that would in any way contradict anything that was said and reported about game so far.So what made you scream "bloody murder" now ? Is it graphics ? Because in beta only the lowest resolution textures are enabled and 3d effects are on bare minimum. Its only in late beta cycles that they enable all "eye candy" ... but you knew that , right ?Is it animations ? Because in Beta most animations are placeholders... Is it the fact its just another MMO with zero innovation ?But you knew that before.... So why complain now ?      

you are surprised? this is the mmorpg.com forums after all.

what don't people whine about here is the real question, aside from games nobody gives a crap about.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Reading this site is like reading the tabloids, every single thing is sensationalized to one extreme or the other, it doesn't matter what the subject is. Posters here are like the paparazzi, they're always trying to be the first to bring about that next hot-button issue, you know.. the one that we all should care about (think money shot)...

Accept in this case it's getting to say "i told you so" ( which they will do regardless of what happens). Prime example during that video when the guy is laying down, as if TESO put him to sleep. That's not reporting an issue, that's showmanship.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i blame wow lol

we seen on the wow forums that if you cry loud enough eventually you might get your way.

• pmnxpmnx Member Posts: 3

I expected a AAA mmorpg developped during 5 years by Mat Firror.

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Looks good..:) its beta leaked cant jugde a game one that
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by pmnx

WHO is Matt Firor?

• ReeseFlamelocksReeseFlamelocks Member UncommonPosts: 45
    It looks pretty similar to Skyrim. I don't know why people are getting their panties in a knot. No game ever lives up to all expectations.

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
    Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
    Playing: ESO

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

And for one vote to the other side as well, I personally expected an Elder Scrolls game, only this time Online (like the name stated) with fellow Elder Scrolls fans :)

So when I first heard about the whole TES-skinned DAoC2 shenanigan I scraped it off from the "waiting" list... and only with the recent news picked up the line again, but I admit I'm still on the fence with TESO, since it still looks way too daoc-ish for my taste.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I actually expected a lot worse than what i seen in that video lol.. still i really didnt expect anything else other than the same old AAA garbage we keep getting shoved our way..
  • Beerman27Beerman27 Member Posts: 23

I  would prefer to hype a game beyond belief for 5 years before its released then bag it for everything it didnt live up to, Signed MMORPG community.

All jokes aside......:) I actually watched a little bit of the Beta footage and went thank god, a game that does not look like absolute crap AKA neverwinter, I have played all of about 1 hour of Skyrim and non of the others so im not exactly a fanboy but i personally thought the game looked good and will look even better over the coming months.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Po_gg

And for one vote to the other side as well, I personally expected an Elder Scrolls game, only this time Online (like the name stated) with fellow Elder Scrolls fans :)

So when I first heard about the whole TES-skinned DAoC2 shenanigan I scraped it off from the "waiting" list... and only with the recent news picked up the line again, but I admit I'm still on the fence with TESO, since it still looks way too daoc-ish for my taste.

Just out of curiosity, but what exactly are you seeing (other than the 3 factions) that makes the game look like a DAoC clone?

The only part of the game that we know of that shares commonality w/ DAoC is the faction PvP, of which we haven't seen anything about it really. We just know it's supposed to exist.

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

I am preplexed with amount of whining over the leaked video.

"The game looks terrible!" ... fanboys leaving.

Cause I aint seeing anything that would in any way contradict anything that was said and reported about game so far.

So what made you scream "bloody murder" now ?

Is it graphics ? Because in beta only the lowest resolution textures are enabled and 3d effects are on bare minimum. Its only in late beta cycles that they enable all "eye candy" ... but you knew that , right ?

Is it animations ? Because in Beta most animations are placeholders...

Is it the fact its just another MMO with zero innovation ?

But you knew that before....

So why complain now ?

Cause that's why they are here. That's all. I saw all the footage including this...does nothing about my opinion of "We'll see when we do".

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Just out of curiosity, but what exactly are you seeing (other than the 3 factions) that makes the game look like a DAoC clone?

The only part of the game that we know of that shares commonality w/ DAoC is the faction PvP, of which we haven't seen anything about it really. We just know it's supposed to exist.

lol; the arbitrary separation of Tamriel's races into 3 factions (really, why? I know ofc that you can twist the lore as you want to make it believable, but this looks like forced RvRvR to me), and the fact that each faction is restricted to its own PvE-leveling zone(s) with only one common zone to fight.

This is as DAoC as it gets.

Originally posted by aesperus

That, exactly :)

Or a bit more detailed, as they said numerous times the whole game was built around 3faction pvp / avava, and they even dedicated a big chunk of the area only for pvp. Does any part of that sounds like Elder Scrolls?

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    I'm looking at it right now trying to make myself see it as an elder scrolls game but just cant. it looks like another typical MMO. It's exactly what I expected, but I was hoping it'd at least look like TES, but it just doesn't
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

I actually think that the combat looks better than it did in the video Zenimax released themselves awhile ago. The melee combat looks more fleshed out as well. And personally I think that the character designs are fine, it's atleast not the Oblivion bobbleheaded Orsimer.

I'm just sad that the bethesda team ended up being the creative directors rather than Matt Firor. If the actual team designed it and took MMO advise instead of the other way around it would end up being better product, for me atleast. I do hope I'm speaking for the majority of the Elder Scrolls fanbase when I say so.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by asrlohz

I'm just sad that the bethesda team ended up being the creative directors rather than Matt Firor. If the actual team designed it and took MMO advise instead of the other way around it would end up being better product, for me atleast. I do hope I'm speaking for the majority of the Elder Scrolls fanbase when I say so.

I'd love to hope that as well, and +1.

And I really hope that these last minor changes (opening up starting areas and stuff) are maybe because of Zenimax finally realised that a full-on daoc clone might not be the best idea if they want to reach the original Elder Scrolls fanbase (of which even a mere 5-10% is way more than the whole daoc fanbase...). Fingers crossed for more changes toward ES :)

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    I agree OP, didnt expect anything, but this maps, omg they looks so small. Now I expect miniature game world :/
    Originally posted by mazut
    I agree OP, didnt expect anything, but this maps, omg they looks so small. Now I expect miniature game world :/

lol yeah....from what we saw...the world may just fit inside a small bathroom

Well, if you looked at the leaked video it you probably didn't notice that when he click "Daggerfall" the map was a lot bigger than it was at the "zone" that he was in. Apparently Cyrodiil will be three times bigger according to the devs. (I'm sorry, I can't source this but I believe they said it in one of the many interviews they had a couple of weeks ago)

Personally I would have wanted the PvE worlds bigger as well but I think I'll enjoy it anyhow. Considering that they've claimed to be going with a slow leveling curve it should take awhile to finish each zone. Let's just hope it wont grind us to death and that we'll have 2-3 zones to choose from that are the same level difficulty.

Originally posted by Kinchyle

Most probably in your back ****, I mean turn around and we will see

Well, if you looked at the video it you probably didn't notice that when he click "Daggerfall" the map was a lot bigger than it was at the "zone" that he was in. Apparently Cyrodiil will be three times bigger according to the devs. (I'm sorry, I can't source this but I believe they said it in one of the many interviews they had a couple of weeks ago)

Personally I would have wanted the PvE worlds bigger as well but I think I'll enjoy it anyhow. Considering that they've claimed to be going with a slow leveling curve it should take awhile to finish each zone. Let's just hope it wont grind us to death and that we'll have 2-3 zones to choose from that are the same level difficulty.

Sound reasonable, will see ;)

Originally posted by Kinchyle

Most probably in your back ****, I mean turn around and we will see

Wow...we have a comedian. Everyone...I'd like to welcome Jackass. His jokes include something filtered out (otherwise we'd actually see the joke attempted).
     Give it up for Jackass!!!

Well, if you looked at the video it you probably didn't notice that when he click "Daggerfall" the map was a lot bigger than it was at the "zone" that he was in. Apparently Cyrodiil will be three times bigger according to the devs. (I'm sorry, I can't source this but I believe they said it in one of the many interviews they had a couple of weeks ago)

Sound reasonable, will see ;)

We should still try to not get our hopes too high though. Even I personally want to hype the game to the world's end.