Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoyed this amazing game that is... until today

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

First of all there is a lot to love about this game. The graphics, music, questing, dungeons, dynamic events, cooperative atmosphere and fantastic community make this one of the best mmorpg games I have ever played. I have enjoyed my time in Guild wars 2 for over 6 months now leveling both Mesmer and Thief to 80, spending hundreds of hours in the game's immersive and dynamic PvE / PvP content.

I believe that this is by far one of the best mmorpg games developed to date hands down.

With all of the above said,  in a matter of 90 minutes I went from being an officer to a guild of 104 players,doing WvW  and leveling my alt characters to deciding to uninstall the game and likely leave for a very long period of time.

Now I am sure that everyone here is going to likely find my reasons for feeling the need to leave the game so spontaneously a bit bizarre and maybe just plain nuts; but the following two reasons for leaving hit me so hard and so fast that I simply lost every little bit of motivation to play the game. I went from wanting to advance my character and kicking butt in PvP to wanting nothing to do with the game all in a matter of minutes.

While having a great time leveling my newly created warrior today with a few of my guild members we decided to go to the vendors to sell and upgrade our gear / loot. When I arrived at the vendor I looked through the weapons list eager to get my hands on a very particular type of weapon. To my surprise this weapon was not only unavailable, but didn't actually exist in the game! What I am  referring to is the two handed axe or Greataxe. Now I do not know how in the world I played the game for over 6 months and world cleared two characters to 80 without noticing this weapon was missing in the game. I immediately started feeling a very powerful sense of disconnect with my character, but I played along as if nothing was wrong all the while a heavy feeling of dissonance was taking hold within me. After about 30 min I began to notice that I didn't really feel like a warrior should feel in a game, or at least how I believe a warrior should feel. I was not using the quintessential warrior weapon! (e.g., I felt like a ranger would if he didn't have the option to choose a longbow as a weapon, only crossbows, short bows, and throwing weapons)  — needless to say I just wasn't enjoying myself so I decided to go back to playing on my Mesmer. After about 15 min of playing on my Mesmer it hit me... I don't feel any different playing with a Mesmer vs. a Thief, vs. a Warrior, it all feels the same.

Now don't get the wrong idea, I don't mean the play style which is drastically different, I mean the inherent need to belong, the need to have a job, the feeling of being a necessary part of a cohort group of individuals. In my opinion this game lacks that feeling despite being such an immensely cooperative game. Everyone is a healer, everyone can do damage, everyone can essentially do everything.... that in turn makes me feel like anything I do has no purpose, no meaning, no real significance. I didn't notice it before but this beautifully crafted game suddenly felt as hollow as a Christmas sphere. The game felt like a shell, and suddenly, my entire perception and experience changed. Everything felt empty.  

And so, I left. Just like that, I explained how I felt to my guild...naturally everyone was shocked. I ran the website for the guild and gave all of the necessary information to the GM so that she could appoint someone else to run it. I said my goodbyes and left.

Why am I posting here?

I have no idea, maybe I just want to hear what you guys have to say about my experience.

I still feel a very huge sense of emptiness when I think of GW2. There is no denying the fact  that I loved the game for 6+ months. I was committed to the game, helped to run my own guild, had spent over 800 hours playing, and had formed a very successful WvW / PvE circle of close friends. The game was an absolutely phenomenal ride while I felt fulfilled, but once I started to really think about the game, once I started to think about my role, my class, my decisions, my choices, I began to realize how little it all mattered. In traditional mmos If I played a healer the entire guild would celebrate (healers are always needed) if I played a Warrior or a Tank I knew that I was responsible for keeping my group alive. It brought about a sense of duty and yes even pride after a successful dungeon run.  All of these things feel missing from Guild Wars 2. What is surprising is that it took me that long to realize it. I guess I was too busy having fun with the game to notice it. It wasn't until that particular moment where I wanted to equip a Great Axe as a warrior and noticed it was not in the game that I began to think about the game's  limitations and discovered how I felt.

So what do you guys think?

Am I nuts?

Are my conclusions legitimate in your opinion?

Has anything like this ever happened to you guys?

I would love to get a discussion going about this because I am really quite perplexed about the whole experience.

Looking forward to reading your replies.

Thanks. 

Comments

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I'm going to keep this short in sweet but this was the biggest reason why I never played GW2.  

The lack of the "Holy trinity" in a MMO is just not the type of MMO I want to play. 

So while I would find it a little wierd that it took you this long for it to hit you, I can complelety understand why you left.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154

I completely understand what you mean.  I left GW2 quite a few months ago, was dissapointed since i was a huge fan of GW1.

This is what happens when devs try to appease the masses, and why I'm lingering from game to game waiting for FFXIV: ARR.

Games need to be vast, and require challenges and time sinks that while many perceive as unnecessary inconvienences are at the same time what provide the foundation for meaningful play. 

Role identity is an aspect often overlooked and while it doesn't have to be the done the same traditional way, still as a concept should exist.

An opportunity to specialize and be proud of your character's unique qualities and capabilities is huge especially for a themepark mmo...

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Have you played a lot of mmorpg's over the years?

If you have i'd think you'd be used of that happening...

I feel like after your first Mmorpg...the one you put 1-2 or more years into and eventually start finding faults with or becoming bored/annoyed orlosing intrest in.. most games you try later are hard to get into or start to annoy you... From what i read this isn't personaly to me.. seems liek many people have gone throught this.

It's like a drug addiction.... chasing that first high as they say.

EDIT:  It's hard to please people... A lot of people think they want change but when they get it , it turns out it doesn't feel much better then the old way/system did.

Then there are the people who don't want the change or they want to blame the changes on why they don't like the game, when it might just be that they are tired of the genre.

I haven't played GW2 yet but i have spent many many hours watching videos and reading about it, i've learned over the years that i won't know for sure if i have a connection to a game until i am in it for a few hours playing.. because i've played too many games and i think subconsciously i am attracted or annoyed by certain game mechanics or visuals or something.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Sounds like burn out to me.  It happens to most of us at various times.  I wouldn't sweat it.  You already have the game, so jumping back in latter on down the road won't cost you a dime.  By all means take a break.  Hopefully in the meantime you can find another game that will give you the same amount of enjoyment for roughly $.08 an hour or less (based off of the 800+ hours statement).  Not saying money is an issue for you.  It's just a perspective that I often take.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

I think the best way I've heard it expressed is, although GW2 is a wonderful game, it lacks power. For me too, it has comprised a big part of my gaming life over the last several months... Once my Warrior hit 80... I was in the mid 40s of my elementalist when i began to feel the same disconnect. i logged off my elementalist to log into my warrorior to help some guild mates when I realized... i don't feel very strong. i don't feel powerful at all.

If there is 1 thing GW2 failed at, its giving the player a sense of power and purpose. Sure we have our personal storyline that creates this illusion that WE are the center of this MMO but when it comes to the important parts their strongly choreographed. When I'm a lvl 80, I don't feel like a lvl 80. I don't feel epic. Sure the game has it's moments but I don't feel strong, or powerful, and as a lvl 80 WArrior I should.

I think thats part of what you're feeling without the ability to wield the weapon that for you is an iconic display of Warrior prowess. When you noticed it's absence, you saw the disconnect your character has from the world. and thus, you had from your character...

I don't know, but my Hardcore GW2 days came to an end as I began to feel disconnected. but for me, it was how littel difference there was in being lvl 80 and being lvl 40.

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i feel ya m8, i have had the same feeling for a while.....maybe taking away the holy trinity was not such a good idea after all imho.

I also love the game, one of the best mmo's i played in many years and i still play it....but just not very often anymore just because it feels i dont have role in this world.

imho it has become a lobby game just like (yes i am going to say it :p ) wow.....just sitting near a dungeon to grind for gear.

Exploring is still fun, but lately it is ALL i do and that becomes boring too after a fiew hours.....when i switch to crafting i also dont see WHY i am crafting because the stuff we make just does not sell good enough to be a full time crafter/trader in game.

And one more thing from my expirience is the following, people dont help out other as much as they did in the beginning......it has become more of a single player game lately (IMHO). yesterday i was exploring and killing some mobs when 2 extra mobs agro me, i see a player walking towards me (so i think, cool some help) but he brings 2 extra mobs and just runs by me and runs of.

After some kiting and plingplinging the crap out of these mobs it hit me that helping people is no longer intersting enough to do to most people once they hit 80 in GW2.

Tbh i feel more connected to my char in PoE then i do with my chars in GW2 lately.

Maybe we both had a bad day or maybe the GW2 just dont care anymore because they are already at lvl cap??

I dunno.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

in organized large scale wvw every class has extremely defined and distinctive roles.

not sure why that doesnt' translate to the rest of the game but i wouldn't know as i dont' pve.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Quiting over somthing you describe is typical of todays generation if its not going your way even as little as you describe you ragequit, rediculous but i think there is more to it then you saying here this is no reason to quit the game.

This has been done for years on forums, first praise something and then start trashing it down lol.

Hope you find what your looking for but pls dont be so demanding over such little things.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Exactly the problem with GW2

They set to remove everything bad and annoying things about MMO.

But forgot that all those bad and annoying things are part of the what makes a MMO.

What you got is a very fun, albeit shallow game that is NOT MMO.

Except this , and go back having fun.

Or install Age of  Wushu, EVE

Or TERA...even Vanguard.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Been saying this since pre-launch, but if you're so accustomed to being special and sought-after primarily due to your class, then this "No holy trinity" system will leave a bitter taste in your mouth. For me this works so well because Ive always been the DPS type. I always used to be last in priority. In this game we're all equally important.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Well, you certainly got your money's worth regardless.

Dungeon gameplay in this game is simply awful. There is something to be said about using your abilities in conjunction with others but certainlky doesn't have the same appeal, entertainment, and sense of achievement that I have experienced in other mmos. Probably doesn;t help that I presonally think the dungeons in general are designed rather poorly and the stories assocaited with them are lackluster to say the least.

Far as PvP goes I really enjoyed the game. I still tinker with it from time to time for WvW. That is about it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Quiting over somthing you describe is typical of todays generation if its not going your way even as little as you describe you ragequit, rediculous but i think there is more to it then you saying here this is no reason to quit the game.

This has been done for years on forums, first praise something and then start trashing it down lol.

Hope you find what your looking for but pls dont be so demanding over such little things.

Gotta agree with this.

I realize GW2 isn't the game for everyone, and it's not a game you can typically grind forever and not get burnt out on (no game really is), but this thread just seems a bit rash.

This reads more of a knee-jerk reaction than a well thoughtout, concious decision.

Personally, I've quit and gone back to GW2 multiple times. It's the type of game that allows you to do that, and it's one of the things I really love about the game. I don't need to play the game as a 2nd job to enjoy it, and I don't have enough free time to do that anyway.

The 'lack of a holy trinity' excuse just doesn't seem to hold much water w/ me. It screams more indoctrination / unwilling to accept new game mechanics than anything else. The trinity works, and we've conditioned ourselves over 2 decades to be comfortable w/ that mechanic when playing RPGs. However, that doesn't mean the system doesn't have it's own flaws, and we've seen those flaws become more and more problematic w/ each new batch of multiplayer RPGs. Furthermore, we've HAD rpgs that work just fine without a trinity model. Heck, some of the most classic RPGs of all time (zelda for example) don't use a trinity at all. GW2 is just the latest game to find a system that doesn't rely on it.

The claims Anet made back in beta 'we designed this game so you can complete content with any combination of classes' is still true, and I've done a lot of that personally. It just means more responsibility on the player, which too many gamers are either a) not comfortable with and/or b) preconditioned to expect the game to do all the work for them.

- That said, best of luck finding that next MMO that will 'hook' you. Just be prepared for the possibility that a mentallity change may be in order for that to happen. Who knows what the future will bring.

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

I hear what you're saying, but I also feel what he's feeling. I do agree, quiting because two-handed axes aren't available, is a bit picky. But that's not entirely why he quit, it' s just the domino that started the fall. He isn't the only person feeling the emotions he described, which are a bit hard to explain or even identify. 

I also hear what your esaying about todays generation. When I first started my MMO career, it was in FFXI, and for me it had a depth unmatched by any MMO aside from EverQuest. But you learned to love the quirks and bugs. You embraced the imperfections as a part of the world you were adventuring in and becoming a part of... Nowadays... Not so much. The smallest disagreement the player has with the direction the game takes and their out of their rage posts and all... I will be happy when a developer says "To hell with you players if you don't like the game, gtfo, and if you do, come sit with us we have an adventure for you." and just cater to the people who want to be there and stop chasing the oh holy dollar -.-

---

Live a life less ordinary.

Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Been saying this since pre-launch, but if you're so accustomed to being special and sought-after primarily due to your class, then this "No holy trinity" system will leave a bitter taste in your mouth. For me this works so well because Ive always been the DPS type. I always used to be last in priority. In this game we're all equally important.

This ^

GW2 is definitely one of those games where if you want to 'stand out' you need to do it on your own merits. I think part of the problem is that soo many games basically pat gamers on the back for doing nothing. Heck, look at some of the achievements we have in a lot of games 'hurray! you installed the game! what a total badass you are!', or 'your the best soldier on the planet, because you're able to kill an army of underpowered enemies funnelled down corridors where they can't outmatch you!'.

Furthermore, being actually good at your class does make you stand out. Being that mesmer or theif that outlasts your party, because you outplayed them usually earns you some props. I still run into newer players who picked up the game, and just pickup a cookie-cutter build expecting to dominate everything, only to blame the game when that doesn't work. It's definitely a mentallity issue.

Originally posted by GenreNinja

I also hear what your esaying about todays generation. When I first started my MMO career, it was in FFXI, and for me it had a depth unmatched by any MMO aside from EverQuest. But you learned to love the quirks and bugs. You embraced the imperfections as a part of the world you were adventuring in and becoming a part of... Nowadays... Not so much. The smallest disagreement the player has with the direction the game takes and their out of their rage posts and all... I will be happy when a developer says "To hell with you players if you don't like the game, gtfo, and if you do, come sit with us we have an adventure for you." and just cater to the people who want to be there and stop chasing the oh holy dollar -.-

A large part of that is simply to do with the fact that we have a lot more games now. Gamers have been able to be more and more picky with todays games, as they've generally had more & more options to choose from. That pacing seems to be plateauing, though, and if gamers don't adjust they're going to quickly find themselves facing a lack of options (because they're still expecting every game to cater to their specific tastes).

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Cant fault his post or the reason why he quit. Although I wanted to at first. That is until I read the whole thing.

I feel the same way with MMO in general. The developers are taking more and more away because they think they know what I want. The want to simplify everything because tehy think their core audience are 10-13 year olds and offering to many choices makes the game confusing.

I get that feeling out of almost every MMO I play. What happened to complexity, allowing me to choose?

You know why there isnt a two-handed ax in GW2? Because there doesnt need to be, doesnt matter if it adds depth, doesnt even matter if it could be made to mirror a two-handed sword in abilities and actions.

And its the same reason you dont see pole arms in all their awesome variations, somewhere along the lines they decided "more choice" is bad for the game.

Because they know what you want better than you do.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Finaly I can say -  " I have told you "  hahaha.

Glad I have resisted and didn't bought it.  My mind is clear and I can say all the new MMOs since the past of 3-5 years are here to milk out money out. It can be pay2play or buy2play. Its focused onto masses for short time of enjoyement. Nothing else.  Especialy those on KickStart or how is crap called.

There are a few companies that doesn't fit into what I've said above. It's rare but some exists. Like CCP. (I'm not a fanboy of then even If I've played their game for one year)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by lickm3

Finaly I can say -  " I have told you "  hahaha.

Glad I have resisted and didn't bought it.  My mind is clear and I can say all the new MMOs since the past of 3-5 years are here to milk out money out. It can be pay2play or buy2play. Its focused onto masses for short time of enjoyement. Nothing else.  Especialy those on KickStart or how is crap called.

There are a few companies that doesn't fit into what I've said above. It's rare but some exists. Like CCP. (I'm not a fanboy of then even If I've played their game for one year)

Told him what?

The guy enjoyed it for six months. I don't see how that is deemed a bad thing or that he wasted his money.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Hokie

Cant fault his post or the reason why he quit. Although I wanted to at first. That is until I read the whole thing.

I feel the same way with MMO in general. The developers are taking more and more away because they think they know what I want. The want to simplify everything because tehy think their core audience are 10-13 year olds and offering to many choices makes the game confusing.

I get that feeling out of almost every MMO I play. What happened to complexity, allowing me to choose?

You know why there isnt a two-handed ax in GW2? Because there doesnt need to be, doesnt matter if it adds depth, doesnt even matter if it could be made to mirror a two-handed sword in abilities and actions.

And its the same reason you dont see pole arms in all their awesome variations, somewhere along the lines they decided "more choice" is bad for the game.

Because they know what you want better than you do.

I thought when I saw there were no 2 handed Axes and other weapons, that they plan on introducing them in future content patches or maybe an expansion.  Seein that Anet has stated they are not working on an expac and have no plans atm to start.  I have to agree with you.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I've seen complaints like this quite often and I can't say I can relate completely. Yes, your role in GW2 isn't defined as clearly as it is in most MMOs, but that just means you have to define it yourself. I know my Thief is fundamentally different from my Warrior. My Thief is a hit-and-run DPS character, while my Warrior is a tanky support character. Of course, I could build my Warrior to be a hit-and-run DPS character, too, but where's the fun in that?

As for greataxes, ANet said they want to add them in the future, although it's still uncertain and unclear when. I just found it funny you picked the one weapon they said they want to add.

• ReeseFlamelocksReeseFlamelocks Member UncommonPosts: 45

They removed the trinity so people don't have to wait around for a particular class, namely healer or tanks. However, roles are what define us as human beings, and it's no different for our MMO identities. Personally, I have no problems with the trinity. I do wish more games changed the dynamic of MMO play, because the trinity is based on doing maximum damage and aggro control. Any game that supports these two aspects as primary goals to determine success and victory will ultimately be tied to the trinity.

Changing the methods to achieve success will invariably change the roles, and this is what is lacking in current MMOs. GW2 wanted to be novel and different by completely removing roles altogether, which was not as clever an idea as they thought it would be. Without roles, we feel less complete about our place in the world and the meaning it brings for us, virtual or otherwise.

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
    Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
    Playing: ESO

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

This ^

GW2 is definitely one of those games where if you want to 'stand out' you need to do it on your own merits. I think part of the problem is that soo many games basically pat gamers on the back for doing nothing. Heck, look at some of the achievements we have in a lot of games 'hurray! you installed the game! what a total badass you are!', or 'your the best soldier on the planet, because you're able to kill an army of underpowered enemies funnelled down corridors where they can't outmatch you!'.

Furthermore, being actually good at your class does make you stand out. Being that mesmer or theif that outlasts your party, because you outplayed them usually earns you some props. I still run into newer players who picked up the game, and just pickup a cookie-cutter build expecting to dominate everything, only to blame the game when that doesn't work. It's definitely a mentallity issue.

Has nothing to do with standing out, and everything to do with having some sense of identity and purpose in the group, beyond just throwing up more numbers.  I personally love the challenge and rythm and pacing that comes with being the tank, which is completely missing from GW2.  I like to know that I have to do *this* and someone else has to do *that* in any given situation.  Stuff like timing and coordinating interrupts or picking up extra adds, etc..  Without all of that, it just feels like we are all zerging.

The game is great for people who alway play DPS though, since not much of anything has changed for them.  For the rest of us, it feels like perfectly good game mechanics stripped away for no reason.

You make me like charity

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

The only surprise is it took you 6 months. Took me less than 2. Left after leveling a mesmer, thief and ranger to 80 and  had them all decked out in exotics. Was half way leveling an elementalist (got to 40) and just found zero motiviation to log back in one day.

GW2 was quite a fun game it just feels like a fast food burger. Its really tasty and fills your belly but an hour later your hungry again.

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

All replies aside...cause I can't even understand what gamers want these days.

[quote]I believe that this is by far one of the best mmorpg games developed to date hands down.[/quote]

Nuff said. And you said it yourself. Then added your big "but" into it. I shake my head in your, and many others general direction. JUST PLAY THE GAME!!! Stop anylizing every damn thing!! I'm having a ton of fun in GW2 as I did when I played WoW, LotRO, AO, UO, EQ. or whatever. WTF is wrong with you people?

Friggin entitlement society...ruining our MMOs...srsly

• ReeseFlamelocksReeseFlamelocks Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Scalpless

I've seen complaints like this quite often and I can't say I can relate completely. Yes, your role in GW2 isn't defined as clearly as it is in most MMOs, but that just means you have to define it yourself. I know my Thief is fundamentally different from my Warrior. My Thief is a hit-and-run DPS character, while my Warrior is a tanky support character. Of course, I could build my Warrior to be a hit-and-run DPS character, too, but where's the fun in that?

As for greataxes, ANet said they want to add them in the future, although it's still uncertain and unclear when. I just found it funny you picked the one weapon they said they want to add.

The fundamental problem with couching a game this way is that it is the least efficient way to solve a problem. Following this logic, every office or organization should made up of random individuals, but not tasks or positions. Every person is doing something different, unpredictable, or in their own unique way, but nothing is organized or streamlined into a workable formula.

Working together requires delineating tasks by strengths and weaknesses and then fulfilling your part of the task to reach the end result. Our entire societal structure is set up this way, and it is by far the most efficient way to co-exist when solving specific and tangible problems. We then derive pleasure from identifying our role and fulfilling our tasks. It's really all anthropology 101-ish.

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
    Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
    Playing: ESO