Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totalbiscuit PAX video of wildstar dev commentary

Comments

• SwissToniSwissToni Member UncommonPosts: 11

Combat looks similar to TSW...very active.

Yep, will pre-order this when available.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Will definitely be buying this one over the other MMO's on the horizon.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Might give this one a shot sometime in the future.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55
    First gameplay video I've caught. Not my type of game anymore. These types are already getting old and unoriginal.
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by austriacus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUbXJZPkd0

Enjoy

Edit: Part 2 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_ggHgbuKs

This is going to be one of my goto games this year. If there is a pre-order special edition... I feel confident enough to jump on that.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Nothing new in that video, but nice to see a good reception from an "internet personality".

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• GoldenTiger2GoldenTiger2 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Zap-Robo
    Nothing new in that video, but nice to see a good reception from an "internet personality".

Never watched any of his stuff, heard the name but he sounds like a total prick on twitter. No interest at all now in his stuff :P .

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    wow-killer
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Wildstar will most definitely be my next big MMO to play alongside Guild Wars 2. The features look great. The style looks great. The combat looks great. The humor is fantastic.
  • MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

This game is fascinating to me.

How can you have the game almost fully ready to play, yet have no idea at all how you're going to change people for it?

These guys clearly just went "Lets just make what we think will be an awesome game and worry about the rest later"

• Nightsong89Nightsong89 Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by MidBoss

This game is fascinating to me.

How can you have the game almost fully ready to play, yet have no idea at all how you're going to change people for it?

These guys clearly just went "Lets just make what we think will be an awesome game and worry about the rest later"

Well, a business model is usually one of the last things major MMO's announce. Especially with how volatile the MMO market is, Carbine is being cautious and seeing where players lean towards which at the moment seems to be split between a subscription based game (ala WoW or Rift) and a buy to model with cosmetic/convenience cash shop (ala Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2).

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Solveig - Tiro of Terminus
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Totalbiscuit is the best. I love all his coverage of MMOs. He always provides first hand comprehensive look into a developing game
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I like it so far. Can't say if I am in the beta or not... but it is fun so far. Thanks for the TB videos!

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

This looks like if WoW and GW2 made a baby and that is totally awesome, cause I loved both of those games.

It is even going further on the action gameplay mechanic as some of those telegraph looked downright impressive, with circles, stars and other geometric shapes appearing all over the ground, making it tricky to avoid whatever the enemy is shooting at you.

The art design is downright brilliant for what I could see.

The only bad thing is that this is a Sci Fi game, still most seems to use melee weapons and no vehicle based gameplay at all from what I could see... meaning vehicle will just be silly mounts like in WoW.

I would have at least wanted something like Defiance, those cars are really fun to drive around ;)

But this is now definitely on my radar and cannot wait to hear more about the crafting system and the two other paths.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Volkmar

The only bad thing is that this is a Sci Fi game, still most seems to use melee weapons...

Yea. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Still, game looks to be shaping nicely. Art style is not for everyone, but if Carbine manages to pull off all the content and features as they announced, they will have a winner in their hands,
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    guessing the healers wont have that strong spells, atleast got suprised to see how long he could run around with the world boss...otherwise it looked fine, do like TBs shows, even if he by far like the same things in MMOs as I....with the exception of raiding.
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by Volkmar

The only bad thing is that this is a Sci Fi game, still most seems to use melee weapons...

Yea. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Still, game looks to be shaping nicely. Art style is not for everyone, but if Carbine manages to pull off all the content and features as they announced, they will have a winner in their hands,

:D

Even in the Star Wars universe though, Jedis are virtually the only ones using melee weapons. Everybody else has a blaster :D

Here so far there is just 1 class out of 4 using actual ranged weapons (dual pistols for the spellslinger).

But I get it. Ranged combat in an MMO is weird, especially modern ranged combat. In SWTOR a sniping agent had like 5 yard advantage on everyone else when in reality it should have been more like 2 miles.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"