Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter + SweetFx Comparison Shots :)

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Just some comparison shots I did.. love the colors from sweetfx... put your mouse outside the screen to see regular then mouseover to see SweetFx version

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:2

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:0

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:1

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18677

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Regular looks better on all of them. High contrast + saturation doesn't always make something look better.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Regular looks better on all of them. High contrast + saturation doesn't always make something look better.

ingame looks way better to me.. dark areas look better especially.. colors are so washed out without sweetfx

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

It looks miles better with SweetFX.

I hate that a lot of recent games are victim to the 'grey mist' contrast issue (grey haze everywhere and black isn't anywhere near black). SweetFX removes it nicely here. Much better than changing your base and monitor settings for each and every game to try tackle the issue.

The extra detail (or more obvious detail) on the moon in one of the shots is especially nice.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Sweetfx does a lot more than just high contrast + saturation. I use it mostly for AA and to get rid of washed out greyish fog in MMOS.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

ingame looks way better to me.. dark areas look better especially.. colors are so washed out without sweetfx

....usually yes it looks better with it, I have seen some like wow for example where the cartoonish graphs dont seem to benefit from sweetfx.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by TheJoda

....usually yes it looks better with it, I have seen some like wow for example where the cartoonish graphs dont seem to benefit from sweetfx.

yea certain games i agree it doesn't look as good although you can edit sweetfx to adjust any preference in terms of color and such.. but many games don't need it.. but i think this one looks a lot better with it

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I like the SFX better in the well lit areas, but it looks a bit to dark and to purple in the darker areas. 
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I like the SFX better in the well lit areas, but it looks a bit to dark and to purple in the darker areas. 

i have my gamma down as well.. if you up your gamma it will take care of that

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

I'm a total fan of SweetFX and you can tweak it to what you like.

I agree Vanor. All these games need ingame option sliders for contract, brightness, gamma, color. Too many look washed out, and just having these controls, we can tweak or black level starced LCD's just right.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    I think the Sweetfx look worse actually.  
    Originally posted by HorrorScope

I'm a total fan of SweetFX and you can tweak it to what you like.

I agree Vanor. All these games need ingame option sliders for contract, brightness, gamma, color. Too many look washed out, and just having these controls, we can tweak or black level starced LCD's just right.

yea the washed out grayish haze is on such a wide scope of games it bugs me.. just glad many games work fine with sweetfx and can correct this.. also depending on how your monitor is setup the color representation will be differn't which is also nice that in sweetfx you can tweak this how you like

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Nice screenshots Aerowyn, always amazes me how much better some games look when using sweetFX.  Makes the game look more vivid and alive.

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Lazarus71
    Nice screenshots Aerowyn, always amazes me how much better some games look when using sweetFX.  Makes the game look more vivid and alive.

yea same goes for gw2 just so much better color representation using sweetfx on my monitor at least:)

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Every image looks better on normal to me.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I reckon every single person that says the normal shots look better have absolutely no idea how to calibrate thier screen properly and are looking at a totally different image. I can NOT believe some people think the orginal shots look better.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I reckon every single person that says the normal shots look better have absolutely no idea how to calibrate thier screen properly and are looking at a totally different image. I can NOT believe some people think the orginal shots look better.

i agree.. the originals are so washed out.. i'd like to see what they are seeing:)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I'd agree, but tell that to the general populous. 9/10 times people go for the high contrast / saturated 'candy' look. There is definitely such a thing as too much, though.

Generally I do like SweetFx on a lot of games, but this just isn't one of them =/.

• Az2002roAz2002ro Member UncommonPosts: 158

Ive downloaded it and placed it in the NW folder, but I dont see any difference...   Please help me get this working :)   What do I need to do?

Originally posted by Az2002ro

Ive downloaded it and placed it in the NW folder, but I dont see any difference...   Please help me get this working :)   What do I need to do?

it needs to be in the Cryptic StudiosNeverwinterLive folder

also you cna try my SweetFX_settings.txt here http://pastebin.com/ZfVR2BYf

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Iam pretty good at looking at graphics and to be honest it only looks like different contrast/brightness settings.

I saw nothing like various lighting/shade effects higher resolution textures,really nothing.

With nice hi res textures you can actually see the pits in rock and wood and materials look real with nice lighting/shaders.

It is almsot impossible to replicate with distance screenshots,you need to be up close to a wall or any texture.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Iam pretty good at looking at graphics and to be honest it only looks like different contrast/brightness settings.

I saw nothing like various lighting/shade effects higher resolution textures,really nothing.

With nice hi res textures you can actually see the pits in rock and wood and materials look real with nice lighting/shaders.

It is almsot impossible to replicate with distance screenshots,you need to be up close to a wall or any texture.

sweetfx does not "alter" the graphics in anyway.. it's just an overlay that has numerous color effects and filters to better represent the overall picture to your own personal taste and it adds SMAA support for anti-aliasing.

• AitolosAitolos Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Vannor

It looks miles better with SweetFX.

I hate that a lot of recent games are victim to the 'grey mist' contrast issue (grey haze everywhere and black isn't anywhere near black). SweetFX removes it nicely here. Much better than changing your base and monitor settings for each and every game to try tackle the issue.

The extra detail (or more obvious detail) on the moon in one of the shots is especially nice.

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Looks like you did a blue overlay. I don't think it changes anything much at all.

Killing dragons is my shit

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46

I will agree with you. I have a question since i can't access the game atm, does SweetFX reduce the pc perfromance? I play the game in very high graphics and although i have 40-50  fps sometimes there are zones (like the main city) where my fps drops to 18-20, so i am a little sceptical adding a program that might make the game unplayable.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Graphics don't matter if the game is awful. How good is this game ?