Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What does your forum name mean?

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,645Member Uncommon

Mine came from an old old D&D character I ran for years. He was a 'classical' (Romanesque) era paladin thrown forward into the 'modern' (medieval) world of the game in order to... well, I won't bother you with the ramblings of my teenage D&D fevered brain further than that.

But it all boils down to needing a Roman sounding moniker, so I corrupted the famous volcano's name and there we go. I have used it since simply because I can 99% of the time get it on whatever I register to due to it not being a real word.

Interesting thread btw.

• QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common
    "Generated" using dice for a PnP character almost 15 years ago.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Squeak69Squeak69 Colorado Springs, COPosts: 956Member

hmm squeak is squeak it is the chat handle i have been useing for as long as i can rember, i have three name i use on common

squeak is the chat/ account name i always try to use and failing that i got with some variation of Cyber Rat, or Taeryn my two primary charecter names, with the occasional Mr Squeakers if those two fail as well.

lets see squeak is just a chat handle that emrged after years of gameing dont rember where it came from, and Mr Squeakers is a variation on it due to not being able to get Squeak to often on games ( its taken very quickly i found out)

Cyber Rat is from my CoH gameingt days and to this day is my faverite char that i hope to remake agian one day.

and Taeryn is from WAYYYY back when i was heavy into larps, like amtgard or SCA.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• mysticmousemysticmouse LOVELAND, COPosts: 107Member Uncommon
    My name is from when I played DAoC She was my Luri Eld hibside, Go Hibbys!
  • IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member

When I first created my very first WoW toon. I wanted it to stand out. I rolled a female NE Hunter... was having a dificult time comming up with a name. So I decided to go with what I did best at the time. I was know for having very good hands while giving massages.image So I picked up a lotion bottle and read the ingredients and came accross the word MoISTURIze.

Ha now my secret is out  now ladies.image

• IlayaIlaya BochumPosts: 417Member Uncommon

My one should remember me on good "Old" Times.

It was my Name as GM for "The Sage of Ryzom" on the German Server and later on as GM in COH/COV/GW/AA and so forth. Sadly at NCsoft i had to change it, so Ilaya is what is left of good Memories.

• BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member

Biskop is Swedish for Bishop. Been using it for years.

In the film "Avalon" a Bishop is a support class in the VR game the heroine plays, a game which gradually becomes more real than rl. The guy on my avatar is sort of the AI brain behind the game; old, tired and bored...

• pantheronpantheron calhoun, GAPosts: 170Member
    my forum name is the internet moniker i stuck with after trying lots and lots of ones that didn't fit. then I realized I really liked cats,and panthers are coolcats. So i treid to make my name Panthera, but i thought that was too feminine so i changed it to pantheron. and my avatar is there because I like mecha. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite CardiffPosts: 394Member Uncommon
    It's taken from my favourite TV show but the term actually means, to challenge authority or become worse ie badder if such a word exists.

• MyriaMyria Lowell, MAPosts: 570Member Uncommon

It's my middle name.

When I started on the 'net in the late eighties I started using my middle name as it was relatively unique whereas my first name is one of the most common female names in Western culture. Sadly, as the net grew it became less unusual, as it's a not unheard of (albeit, to the best of my knowledge not common) name in some cultures, but I still use it most of the time out of habit.

• HamsurdHamsurd ReykjavikPosts: 10Member
    Ham.
  • ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon
    Mine is the name of the first sim in secondlife i roleplayed in way back when. Came to the site to make an account, tried all kinds of names, Toxia was accepted. Baboom.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• asyndetonasyndeton Victorville, CAPosts: 86Member Common

Asyndeton "is a stylistic scheme in which conjunctions are deliberately omitted from a series of related clauses. Examples are veni, vidi, vici and its English translation "I came, I saw, I conquered". Its use can have the effect of speeding up the rhythm of a passage and making a single idea more memorable"

I also just like the way it sounds.

My other favorite is Nonsequiter, which is latin for: does not follow.

• AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,749Member Uncommon

Long ago I created a character for my first AD&D campaign, and apparently didn't realize axes don't have hilts.  (The original character's full name was Grant Axehilt, partially named after Grant Danasty the rogue character from Castlevania 3.)

20 years later, it's still with me. 

"Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon
    Stizzled just means being high. Back in my early teens I thought it was cool to have a drug reference name, these days I just don't see a need to change it when I've been using it for so long. It's been my main character/profile name in almost every game for the last 12 years or so.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon

Gravarg I got from Dransik.  Before the forces of Hell broke through the hellgate, there was a town of Varg.  It used to be where people met up to go for high level (at that time) adventuring.  Now it's a ruin full of some of the highest level and evil monsters in the game.  I took the name and made it a palindrome, Gravarg.  I used it to name my orc in that game, then later I used the name in DAoC for my Troll warrior, EQ was my beastlord, in WoW I have an orc warrior named Gravarg.  I've used it for just about any game that would let me be some big hullking  beasty type.  

In some other forums and games I also run the name Nazgrom.  I got the name from Nazgrel and Grom Hellscream, two prominent characters in the Warcraft Lore.  Mainly in Blizzard games I do that...funny enough, one of the main characters in Mists of Pandaria is named Nazgrim, and people think I stole the name from him, but I've been using that name since WC3 launched.

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    It's a word in the title of my favorite album of all time: Tales from Topographic Oceans by Yes.
  • spookydomspookydom BristolPosts: 1,782Member Uncommon
    My name is Dominic, when I was a little chap at school in the 80's I liked to tell ghost storys and watch horror films as well as playing D&D and my Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. There was another kid called  Dom in my class so they gave us nicknames to help tell us apart. He was called Populardom and I was Spookydom. The name has kind of stuck now for 28 odd years. All these years later I am freinds with Populardom on Facebook and he still has a lot more freinds than me the B£$%ard! ;)

Originally posted by topographic
    It's a word in the title of my favorite album of all time: Tales from Topographic Oceans by Yes.

OMG wow You are a true YES fan. I saw them live back in '04 just before Steve Howe left the band for a few years. I was very grateful to see close to the original line up. My favorite song is III "Würm" of course from "Yours is no disgrace." Yessongs.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Some cool stuff in here. All this time and I never knew the truth behind so many names heh.

ages ago I used Ithos which was a play on Icarus and also my main in WOW.

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    Originally posted by Isturi

OMG wow You are a true YES fan. I saw them live back in '04 just before Steve Howe left the band for a few years. I was very grateful to see close to the original line up. My favorite song is III "Würm" of course from "Yours is no disgrace." Yessongs.

Yup, and my favorite album is the one other Yes fans loved to hate. Just like my choice in MMOs. image

Wurm is part of Starship Trooper, IIRC.

In fact, these are my top 5 favorite albums, which unfortunately is about to date me:

1. Tales from Topographic Oceans - Yes

2. Animals - Pink Floyd

3. Brain Salad Surgery - ELP

4. Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin

5. Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull

Originally posted by Isturi

Yup, and my favorite album is the one other Yes fans loved to hate. Just like my choice in MMOs. image

Wurm is part of Starship Trooper, IIRC.

In fact, these are my top 5 favorite albums, which unfortunately is about to date me:

1. Tales from Topographic Oceans - Yes

2. Animals - Pink Floyd

3. Brain Salad Surgery - ELP

4. Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin

5. Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull

Love Animals Pigs (Three different ones) is one of my all time favorit songs. Ive seen them live for thier very last tour from the Pulse album. I acualy love Atom heart Mother. I consider this album to be one of the best Pink Floyd albums to date. People dont realize how far advance Pink Floyd was for their time.

Houses of the Holy is a very good album. But not as much as a Zep fan compared to Floyd. So I would have to go with Their fourth Album of course.

I do like ELP but more of a ELO fan.

Sorry cant stand Tull.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by asyndeton
    Asyndeton "is a stylistic scheme in which conjunctions are deliberately omitted from a series of related clauses. Examples are veni, vidi, vici and its English translation "I came, I saw, I conquered". Its use can have the effect of speeding up the rhythm of a passage and making a single idea more memorable"I also just like the way it sounds.My other favorite is Nonsequiter, which is latin for: does not follow.

Nice!

My forum pic is from Superman Red Sun my all time favorite Superman Comic. It fits because, well, I'm always watching forums.

• TjedTjed Baltimore, MDPosts: 162Member

Just the name of a song that I have always liked.

The wheels turned around, and the letters read,

You better head back to Tennessee Jed.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Celina, OHPosts: 1,025Member Uncommon

I have played games for most of my life, my characters die in those games and are always resurrected (respawn).....

71 is the year I was born

No signature, I don't have a pen