Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

support the savior of the sandbox mmo genre

bigck813bigck813 tampa, FLPosts: 3Member

DIVERGENCE ONLINE is a sandbox scifi mmorpg .the theme of the game is to give players ultimate freedom to do whatever they want in a world that is basically never ending!!!!!! its on indiegogo.if you like it please support it .On indigogo (very similar to kickstarter)

If your a SWG Refugee. and/or a fan of sandbox mmo's . CHECK IT out watch the video below . thats all im asking.....Divergence: Online | Indiegogo

Divergence: Online Part 1 "The History" - YouTube

Divergence: Online Part 2 "The Future" (22 Minutes of Awesomeness) - YouTube

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon
    Posting this once should have been enough. Interesting game thou.

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• syntax42syntax42 Columbus, OHPosts: 1,305Member Uncommon

This post sounds too much like advertising.

Just looking at their planned features, I would say this game is not going to succeed.  They are attempting to do some things which are technically beyond anything else attempted in MMOs.

Also, FFA PvP brings out the worst types of people:  those who only enjoy ruining other people's fun.

• bigck813bigck813 tampa, FLPosts: 3Member
    well i didnt mean to come off like i was advertising . jus trying to spread awareness about a game that i think is pretty damn amazing . this guy(ethan) practically made most of the game by himself ,since 06 . hes so commited .and hes not a sellout.  . At the end of the day i just want to see the game properly funded . and imo i think it can be done , im wating on the video that demostrates the combat system its going to be a free aim tps. ;p (.p.s you 2 damn negative about things how about having an open mind to different types of mmos
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

No thanks. Free for all PvP is not my cup of tea. Too bad "the sandbox savior" includes this feature.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• will75will75 Fatalis,The Combine, SoB... Semi retired, waiting for next big thing.., FLPosts: 353Member

It actually looks and sounds good.It' looks like even if released as shown, it won't really be ready for release. If it wasn't scifi, i'd look at it some more

to OP  do not attack people.. You're not going to help yourself. This sounds like another niche game.. the 2nd video is even better.. i might go in on this lol

• jmlane223jmlane223 great mills, MDPosts: 106Member
    I supported it (only $20) and it probably will be vaporware sadly. I cant find a beta date anywhere to give me hope either...
  • thecapitainethecapitaine West Chester, PAPosts: 401Member Uncommon
    I'm not sure the sandbox mmo needs a savior or that this game is it but it sure looks good.  Thanks for the links and I hope it gets enough funds to finish development.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by syntax42

"Savior". We've heard that one just a few times before.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,206Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Icewhite

the sandbox SUB-genre does not need saving.

it's the themeparks that are crumbling left and right.

Sandboxes that weren't born dead or aren't 2D and as old as the pyramids are doing great. (aka the only one of them).

• tazarconantazarconan athensPosts: 1,013Member
    Whatever excludes orcs elfs fat axes swords sheilds is usually out of my gamelist kek
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Sandboxes that weren't born dead or aren't 2D and as old as the pyramids are doing great. (aka the only one of them).

Serious question, because I have been searching, what is the 'one' you are refering to? I really hope you are not talking about DF (because full loot and housing does not make a game a sandbox. Most seem to think that anything that is not a quest hub themepark is a sandbox)

Beyond having full loot pvp what does DF have that other themeparks dont have?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,784Member Uncommon
    If a game is still trying to get funding, then it's far too soon to call it the savior of anything.
    Originally posted by jmlane223

Serious question, because I have been searching, what is the 'one' you are refering to? I really hope you are not talking about DF (because full loot and housing does not make a game a sandbox. Most seem to think that anything that is not a quest hub themepark is a sandbox)

i was referring to EVE.

what does eve have that themeparks don't ?

a continuously rising playerbase 10 years later. :D. And that is not something many MMO ever have been able to claim.

i was referring to EVE.

what does eve have that themeparks don't ?

a continuously rising playerbase 10 years later. :D. And that is not something many MMO ever have been able to claim.

OK good DF is far from any type of sandbox, dunno what to call it really beyond a pvp arena. EVE I could never get into sadly

• ScottgunScottgun Williamsville, NYPosts: 356Member

An Automatic Back Scratcher, Hair Comber, Nose Picker, Ukulele Tuner 9000?

Yes, well I've heard that claim before. :)

Now we're calling prostitutes "sex workers". What's next? Calling hit men "end-of-life technicians"?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,516Member Uncommon

Beware new accounts advertising for games.  Particularly unheard of ones...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

OK good DF is far from any type of sandbox, dunno what to call it really beyond a pvp arena. EVE I could never get into sadly

understandable.

I hated it first day when I tried to do tutorials.

once I gave up on them and went to do what I wanted to do, things changed and I subscribed on the third day. this was in 2009.

then I spent maybe 6 months hopelessly lost and confused. Players would help me but every time I'd get an idea and try something different it'd fail so I'd ask the next guy why and he'd begin with "whoever gave you that advice is an idiot, here's what you do". Little did he know that the idiot didn't actually give me the exact advice I told this guy...I may have changed some stuff :D

yeah...it's rough. from the UI to everything. But I had the opportunity to fight a boss named A'lakir in WoW, where in the last phase there's no floor, you fly in 3D and positioning is important and ... for me it was trivial, for most of my guild it was a nightmare. They were nowhere near where they thought they were, they lacked any sense of depth perception, or relative positioning...it was a hot mess. And the wow UI did not help.

yes, it's an ugly bloated UI in eve...but there's no floor. things are infinitely more complicated when your Z-axis is relevant. not being grounded to the floor gives room for a lot of options but at the same time etting the PLAYER to see and think in 3D is something a simple, clean UI just can't achieve. trivial things like "Move forward" "move backwards" make no sense in 3D.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Wanaque, NJPosts: 286Member
    The Repopulation is a sci-fi themed sandbox MMO that might actually release this year, why wouldn't give that a try first?
    The repopulation looks very good, and is for sure not vaporware. Unfortunately not willing to dish out $100 for beta
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by bigck813
     you 2 damn negative about things how about having an open mind to different types of mmos

The dude is asking for money when there is nothing to play. I have an open minded. Show me a demo, reviews, and i will make up my own mind.

There is nothing to be open minded about yet.

• QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common
    The video certainly echoes the same sort of paranoid, bitter nonsense I read daily on these forums. Can't say its a healthy attitude for anyone - particularly for a developer. Count me out.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• JonokuJonoku Cool, PAPosts: 645Member
    Its FFA so I'm slowly turning away from it to look for anymore info about it. I prefer standard 2 faction battles. At least faction battles at all.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 20,008Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Onigod

Just looking at their planned features, I would say this game is not going to succeed.  They are attempting to do some things which are technically beyond anything else attempted in MMOs.

Also, FFA PvP brings out the worst types of people:  those who only enjoy ruining other people's fun.

[mod edit]

Perhaps, but titles such as SWG (and to a lessor extent EVE) prove your point incorrect.

In fact, sandboxes probably thrive a whole lot better when there is a means for players to control their risk and limits are put on players by the game itself to control their behavior.

There's a good reason why we can't have nice things......

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Savior of sandbox MMO genre? that is one tall and arrogant claim sir.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney