Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

support the savior of the sandbox mmo genre

DIVERGENCE ONLINE is a sandbox scifi mmorpg .the theme of the game is to give players ultimate freedom to do whatever they want in a world that is basically never ending!!!!!! its on indiegogo.if you like it please support it .On indigogo (very similar to kickstarter)

If your a SWG Refugee. and/or a fan of sandbox mmo's . CHECK IT out watch the video below . thats all im asking.....Divergence: Online | Indiegogo

Divergence: Online Part 1 "The History" - YouTube

Divergence: Online Part 2 "The Future" (22 Minutes of Awesomeness) - YouTube

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Posting this once should have been enough. Interesting game thou.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

This post sounds too much like advertising.

Just looking at their planned features, I would say this game is not going to succeed.  They are attempting to do some things which are technically beyond anything else attempted in MMOs.

Also, FFA PvP brings out the worst types of people:  those who only enjoy ruining other people's fun.

• bigck813bigck813 Member Posts: 3
    well i didnt mean to come off like i was advertising . jus trying to spread awareness about a game that i think is pretty damn amazing . this guy(ethan) practically made most of the game by himself ,since 06 . hes so commited .and hes not a sellout.  . At the end of the day i just want to see the game properly funded . and imo i think it can be done , im wating on the video that demostrates the combat system its going to be a free aim tps. ;p (.p.s you 2 damn negative about things how about having an open mind to different types of mmos
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

No thanks. Free for all PvP is not my cup of tea. Too bad "the sandbox savior" includes this feature.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

It actually looks and sounds good.It' looks like even if released as shown, it won't really be ready for release. If it wasn't scifi, i'd look at it some more

to OP  do not attack people.. You're not going to help yourself. This sounds like another niche game.. the 2nd video is even better.. i might go in on this lol

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    I supported it (only $20) and it probably will be vaporware sadly. I cant find a beta date anywhere to give me hope either...
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I'm not sure the sandbox mmo needs a savior or that this game is it but it sure looks good.  Thanks for the links and I hope it gets enough funds to finish development.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by syntax42

"Savior". We've heard that one just a few times before.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Whatever excludes orcs elfs fat axes swords sheilds is usually out of my gamelist kek
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Icewhite

the sandbox SUB-genre does not need saving.

it's the themeparks that are crumbling left and right.

Sandboxes that weren't born dead or aren't 2D and as old as the pyramids are doing great. (aka the only one of them).

Serious question, because I have been searching, what is the 'one' you are refering to? I really hope you are not talking about DF (because full loot and housing does not make a game a sandbox. Most seem to think that anything that is not a quest hub themepark is a sandbox)

Beyond having full loot pvp what does DF have that other themeparks dont have?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    If a game is still trying to get funding, then it's far too soon to call it the savior of anything.
    Originally posted by jmlane223

the sandbox SUB-genre does not need saving.

it's the themeparks that are crumbling left and right.

Sandboxes that weren't born dead or aren't 2D and as old as the pyramids are doing great. (aka the only one of them).

Serious question, because I have been searching, what is the 'one' you are refering to? I really hope you are not talking about DF (because full loot and housing does not make a game a sandbox. Most seem to think that anything that is not a quest hub themepark is a sandbox)

Beyond having full loot pvp what does DF have that other themeparks dont have?

i was referring to EVE.

what does eve have that themeparks don't ?

a continuously rising playerbase 10 years later. :D. And that is not something many MMO ever have been able to claim.

OK good DF is far from any type of sandbox, dunno what to call it really beyond a pvp arena. EVE I could never get into sadly

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

An Automatic Back Scratcher, Hair Comber, Nose Picker, Ukulele Tuner 9000?

Yes, well I've heard that claim before. :)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Beware new accounts advertising for games.  Particularly unheard of ones...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    The Repopulation is a sci-fi themed sandbox MMO that might actually release this year, why wouldn't give that a try first?
    The repopulation looks very good, and is for sure not vaporware. Unfortunately not willing to dish out $100 for beta
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by bigck813
     you 2 damn negative about things how about having an open mind to different types of mmos

The dude is asking for money when there is nothing to play. I have an open minded. Show me a demo, reviews, and i will make up my own mind.

There is nothing to be open minded about yet.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    The video certainly echoes the same sort of paranoid, bitter nonsense I read daily on these forums. Can't say its a healthy attitude for anyone - particularly for a developer. Count me out.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Its FFA so I'm slowly turning away from it to look for anymore info about it. I prefer standard 2 faction battles. At least faction battles at all.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Onigod

Just looking at their planned features, I would say this game is not going to succeed.  They are attempting to do some things which are technically beyond anything else attempted in MMOs.

Also, FFA PvP brings out the worst types of people:  those who only enjoy ruining other people's fun.

[mod edit]

Perhaps, but titles such as SWG (and to a lessor extent EVE) prove your point incorrect.

In fact, sandboxes probably thrive a whole lot better when there is a means for players to control their risk and limits are put on players by the game itself to control their behavior.

There's a good reason why we can't have nice things......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Savior of sandbox MMO genre? that is one tall and arrogant claim sir.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Im personally waiting on Black Desert. It looks more interesting to me.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by nariusseldon

you 2 damn negative about things how about having an open mind to different types of mmos
    The dude is asking for money when there is nothing to play. I have an open minded. Show me a demo, reviews, and i will make up my own mind.There is nothing to be open minded about yet.
    Are there many kickstarter/indiegogo games that DO have playable demos? I really do not know as I do not follow those sites. I was under the impression that devs used these sites in order to create a game.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by nariusseldon

The dude is asking for money when there is nothing to play. I have an open minded. Show me a demo, reviews, and i will make up my own mind.

There is nothing to be open minded about yet.

Are there many kickstarter/indiegogo games that DO have playable demos? I really do not know as I do not follow those sites. I was under the impression that devs used these sites in order to create a game.

pretty much.. he actually has more footage on the game than most projects asking for money have

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg