Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro Tips: AoW

MasterZedXMasterZedX Member UncommonPosts: 32

- Don't come into this mmo with the intent to do the same regular mmo stuff, which is running around killing "x" amount of this.

- Most of the questing is optional you don't need to "grind/power level" to the top

- You have to ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, like you have to actually read, you have to actually take the time to craft, pay attention to your surroundings because things change fast!

- Anyone saying the game is clunky is clearly obssesed with action mmo's (dragon nest, c9) 

- The game is tab target although it does require major timing and skill! You can't spam buttons because you'll end up getting crapped on!

- Make friends! Be interactive because whether you like it or not this is also a social game! You might need another person with a crafting skill you don't have to do some stuff for you, or someone to buff a certain item for you! You don't wanna get charged for that!

- THIS GAME IS HARD WHEN YOU START OFF! If you're not into mass wars, being the best in your school, taking over land,walking on water or working to get cool looking gear etc.....THEN DON'T START AND COME TO MMO SITES TO COMPLAIN! (fact is if you care about that stuff you'd try to understand the game)

- VIP is complete BS agreed! But guess what it's like a cash shop item you can buy it from other players so quit the b*tchin about it, idk if it's available because as of CBT2 it was bugged but if it is now in OBT (which i haven't started yet) then just save up money and buy it! It's really just a convience thing but it really won't hinder your gameplay unless you've over competitve which is pointless in this game considering someone who takes the time to learn it and you would consider "low level" can still beat that ass.

- There is levels in this game, although it's not the orthodox leveling, more like stat boosting with titles instead of saying level "70"

That's all, thank you if you read this leave comments blah blah blah.

Experience: 2 Max level characters CBT2, 1 done with vip, 1 done without.

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    While I do enjoy this game - I used to get very frustrated with the localization. Hard to figure out exactly what my skills do, and the best ways to train them. So I now just basically level my main skill once a day, and wait for things to get a bit smoother. I won't claim to know much about this game.. could barely figure out the translations.
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    tab target?, most skills can be used without target
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by davoo23

- Don't come into this mmo with the intent to do the same regular mmo stuff, which is running around killing "x" amount of this.

- Most of the questing is optional you don't need to "grind/power level" to the top

Spot on right here. 

If you took all the quest out the gane, the game would not change one bit.  That's how optional they are.

Think about the games you've played, and let that sink in for a bit. If you took every quest out of AoW, the game would not change.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by bcbully

Spot on right here. 

If you took all the quest out the gane, the game would not change one bit.  That's how optional they are.

Think about the games you've played, and let that sink in for a bit. If you took every quest out of AoW, the game would not change.

I don't know about that, The 3rd and 4th inner requires you to do task presented to you by your school.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    Originally posted by bcbully

Spot on right here. 

I don't know about that, The 3rd and 4th inner requires you to do task presented to you by your school.

yeah, but hell if they werent there they could give them to us!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"