Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions.

SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137

I tried this in beta but couldn't play it because there was no 'invert mouse' function - has this been added?

Secondly, they said night/day cycles and weather would be added as well - have they been?

Cheers :)

Comments

• mmosftlmmosftl Member Posts: 3
    I have not seen either as of yet.
  • SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137
    Nice, thanks for saving me some money :)
  • mmosftlmmosftl Member Posts: 3
    i am having issues with the mouse not being inverted also. especially in a pvp-based game this is important to me. once i started adjusting, all my other games were thrown out of wack...
  • SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137

Well, like TOR (not having the ability to invert mouse in space), they just won't be getting any money from me.

It was mentioned on their forums several times and they have just ignored it.

While night/day and weather are important to me - (I don't like it when a world is static with regards to weather and night/day), I can understand why they (weather etc) may take a little longer to add but the invert mouse function is a few lines of code so there is no excuse.

The major reason I stopped playing ToR (apart from the fact that it's just another reskinned cash grab) is I got sick of arriving on Tatooine and it being 'high noon' on a perfect day and arriving on Hoth to the same thing (it looked like a F**king Ski resort) and I don't remember Hoth being so welcoming in TESB.

Tatooine in SWG was perfect Night/day, sandstorms etc.

Anyways - I'll be avoiding AoW until there is an 'invert mouse' feature.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Avoiding a game because of no inversion option...

Wow.  You barely even go up/down on the mouse.  It's mostly for clicking buttons and opening menus.  It barely has anything to do with combat.

Do you run Windows with mouse inversion too?  Oh, wait - you probably have some sort of Linux plugin.  I don't get it.  Truly don't.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    they never said they would add day/night
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Wow.  You barely even go up/down on the mouse.  It's mostly for clicking buttons and opening menus.  It barely has anything to do with combat.

Do you run Windows with mouse inversion too?  Oh, wait - you probably have some sort of Linux plugin.  I don't get it.  Truly don't.

Here let me try to help you. Try playing ANY game with inverted mouse on, and see how it goes. If you're not used to it - it will be the most annoying thing ever.

• RattsRatts Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Here let me try to help you. Try playing ANY game with inverted mouse on, and see how it goes. If you're not used to it - it will be the most annoying thing ever.

Have to agree. . . without this basic feature I simply can't play the game.  Sure, it's a personal weakness but evidently it's one a number of other people share.  Even if it's just 20% of the playerbase who have trained themselves to play inverted, it's an important, basic feature that Snail needs to implement.  Have no idea what the holdup would be from their end.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    My point is that inverted mouse isn't the default (is it even an option?) for any basic computing.  Thus, the comparison is a bit borked.