Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance first episode for free on Amazon (US only)

revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Hello

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Preview/dp/B00C0OWP02/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365902833&sr=8-2&keywords=Defiance

While it says pilot preview, i was able to watch the entire 85 min episode.  It is horribly awsome, and with only a few cringe worth moments. 

Welcome Home

Rev.

offical forums

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    pretty good show
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Just finished watching it, thanks OP. I liked it! Though I would suggest adding "For Free" so more take a look. 
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Nice find.  Is it a mistake or was that what it was meant to be?

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    Thanks for the post.  Just finished watching it.  Great show.
  • lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

Wow! Grea find. I just finishd watching it, and I have to say..Holy crap! 

Hope it stays that strong. 

Only one thing I did not like and that was the "comic relief " actor/actress....trying not to post any possible spoilers, but I am sure those that watched it know who I am talking about.

Not so nice guy!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I dunno every long running (or planned to be long running) tv show needs at least 1 character for comic relief. A tv show that is serious 24.7 is no fun really., just my 2 scrip! This makes me sad I live in canada :(

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I dunno every long running (or planned to be long running) tv show needs at least 1 character for comic relief. A tv show that is serious 24.7 is no fun really., just my 2 scrip! This makes me sad I live in canada :(

Jar Jar Binks?  Planned comedy... eh.

I like planned drama on a comedy show... Anyone watch Psych?  Yin Yang killer was an awsome arch.

ED.--

Ark, Arch, Arc? a rounded doorway you walk though or Noah's boat.  Not sure if I spelled that right. Could have looked it up in the time it took me to type this, but hey this is way more fun.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Fluxii
    Originally posted by Siveria

Jar Jar Binks?  Planned comedy... eh.

I like planned drama on a comedy show... Anyone watch Psych?  Yin Yang killer was an awsome arch.

Psych is one of my favorite shows on TV LOVE IT!:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Not annoying as JarJar Binks, I can't reallt compare it to anything, based on a similar person in the game I guess it was played okay, just corny in some ways. 

I agree a little comic relief is good, but only if it's good.....know what I mean?

Not so nice guy!

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

I just want to know more overall now lol, still going to watch on monday again.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Hello

Glad you enjoyed it, found the link on the official forums.  I believe that it was 'turned on' by accident, but I am pleased, I found it better than to I expected.   I think if there is a consistent connection with the game, that does not distract from the TV shows main story, but makes the gamers feel as if they have the inside scoop it will work out well.

Welcome Home

Rev.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Good lookin' out, Rev! :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Just finished watching it. It is really good!. I hope it is successful so we can have a season 2.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Was anyone counting?  Did they break a record for the most "so the plot thickens" moments in that pilot? 

Overall very well done, and extremely interesting even if you dont play. Hope the real episodes can keep this up, guess we find out monday.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Just watched it. Fairly impressed so far. Will surely watch again on monday, and can't wait for the in-game update either! :D

Just so people are clear, this was the pilot episode..like the shows prototype... not the first episode that airs on monday.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by BrownAle

Just so people are clear, this was the pilot episode..like the shows prototype... not the first episode that airs on monday.

Huh? I'm pretty sure most first episodes are called "pilots". IIRC, first episodes of both Psych and Fringe were titled 'Pilot' as well.

Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Huh? I'm pretty sure most first episodes are called "pilots". IIRC, first episodes of both Psych and Fringe were titled 'Pilot' as well.

Maybe im wrong, always though the pilot was used to sell the show, so to speak.  You might be right though since they never had to sell the show.  I was told the first episode on monday is like 45min but again, internet info is less than accurate.

Also, i highly doubt amazon and syfy would wreck the shows premir by showing it online two days before it airs.  This alone makes me think the pilot episode isnt what is going to be shown monday.  If it is...was pretty dumb of them to release it in full today.

guess we find out monday.

EDIT:

from wiki:  Looks like we both might be right?

"A "television pilot" (also known as a "pilot", "pilot episode", and "series premiere") is a standalone episode of a television series that is used to sell the show to a television network. At the time of its creation, the pilot is meant to be the testing ground to gauge if a series will be successful, and is therefore a test episode of an intended television series. It is an early step in the development of a television series, much like pilot lights or pilot studies serve as precursors to the start of larger activity, or pilot holes prepare the way for larger holes. Television networks use pilots to discover whether an entertaining concept can be successfully realized. After seeing this sample of the proposed product, networks will then determine whether the expense of additional episodes is justified. They are best thought of as prototypes of the show that is to follow, because elements often change from pilot to series. Variety estimates that only a little over a quarter of all pilots made for American television proceed to the series stage,[1] although the figure may be even lower.[2]

Most pilots are never publicly screened if they fail to sell a series. If a series eventuates, pilots are usually - but not always - broadcast as the introductory episode of the series"

Well looks like they released the first episode early for some reason. 

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Ya, with as big and epic as that episode was, and the fact that it takes place directly after the Episode Missions end in the game. I highly doubt that isn't the real first episode lol.

I was kind of upset they didn't reference in the game content at all though. The only kinda mention it got was "do you have any idea what I had to go through to get that?" and of course anyone playing the game knows exactly what he had to go through.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Maybe im wrong, always though the pilot was used to sell the show, so to speak.  You might be right though since they never had to sell the show.  I was told the first episode on monday is like 45min but again, internet info is less than accurate.

It's on for 2 hours on TV including commercials. Starts at 9 here in the UK and ends at 11.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Thanks for the link. Amazing show.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Wow awsome show and it just served a dish of humble pie to all the na sayers to all the angry reviews to all the warnings. This show IS Defiance and it ties in nicely with the game will see more players now do to this amazing show. Fantastic!!!image

Originally posted by Isturi
    Wow awsome show and it just served a dish of humble pie to all the na sayers to all the angry reviews to all the warnings. This show IS Defiance and it ties in nicely with the game will see more players now do to this amazing show. Fantastic!!!image

While I agree the show was amazing. Don't count the chickens before the hatch. Lets make sure that the show can keep it up. There have been a lot of shows that started out strong and then went to a trickle, and died son after.

Not so nice guy!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Why are they releasing this game in europe but not the tv series? seems fucking stupid if you ask me.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Anyone has a working link by any chance? I ask because the Amazon Link is not working anymore and i could see it because US only. :( If someone would know a direct download link, that would be superb :)