Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] If TES:O Did Not Have AvAvA, Would You Play it?

124»

Comments

• DocmanduDocmandu Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Without AvA, this would for me be a generic fantasy MMO based on an IP from other games I didn't play using mechanics I dislike (limited hotbar skills, no targeted healing). So no I wouldn't be thinking twice about it if it didn't have AvA.

Great minds think alike :-)

+1

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Nice bias poll, 5 votes for yes and 1 for no. Didnt vote
    And how many "No" answers can *you* come up with to answer the simple question of, "Would you play TES:O without AvAvA?"

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    As long as territory is faction locked, and AvAvA is the central focus of the game, and it has classes - yeah...won't be playing - because this is not TES.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

And how many "No" answers can *you* come up with to answer the simple question of, "Would you play TES:O without AvAvA?"

1 yes 1 no and 1 other option. More just messes up things. Adding many options for one point of view slants the pole. Again, didnt vote.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Teala
    As long as territory is faction locked, and AvAvA is the central focus of the game, and it has classes - yeah...won't be playing - because this is not TES.

Hope you find another game but from the looks of things. This is very TES MMO. As a TES fan, I wont be missing this one.

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

1 yes 1 no and 1 other option. More just messes up things. Adding many options for one point of view slants the pole. Again, didnt vote.
    So, should I put in the Poll:
    - No, if it had Full Loot Open World PvP. (Kind of defeats the purpose of AvAvA, doesn't it?)
    - No, if ANY OTHER OPTION about PvP. (See above.)

You see, if a person selects "No" in the poll, their PvP wants are met. No need for clarification.

If a person selects "Yes" in the poll, there are now MANY PvP options that may factor into if they play or not.

What selection would make you happy? Use the "Other" selection and explain. Or don't.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

no

I have no interest in mmos without

A) EVE style pvp

or B) DAOC style PVP

I also wont buy anymore MMOs that feature

A) an endgame of sitting in a city queueing to do shit.

or B) never ending vertical gear tiers of progression

although is suspect this game wont have daoc style PVP.

All we know is 3 factions, it could be as shite as TSWs PVP, Theres no way it will be as good as daoc or planetside because players can guest in friends campaigns and even switch campaign, and the PVE isnt tied to a campaign.  At best it will probably be GW2 style PVP - extremely average.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

The only proper alternative would be siege-based open world guild FFA PvP. Minimal player inventory loot combined with durability hits and a death debuff. Grind based games don't work with full loot (Fuck you Darkfall, 8 hours of preparation for 10 minute fight).

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I would, if it meant that the Developers would allocate more time to "infusing" the world with TES lore (and possibly gameplay mechanics).

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I'm probably in the minority, but I would play ESO if there was no PvP at all in the game and it was straight up PvE (just like its single player brethren).
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Of course the single player Is pve only. How can you possibly have a single player game with pvp!

I gather you will also be anti group dungeons and raids seen as those aren't in skyrim too, because its a single player frikin game!

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Of course the single player Is pve only. How can you possibly have a single player game with pvp!I gather you will also be anti group dungeons and raids seen as those aren't in skyrim too, because its a single player frikin game!
    lol You can kind of simulate groups, though, with followers and summoned daedra. I do get your point, though :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR