Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What role will you start with at launch?

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
I might go with Primalist as I don't really go out looking for pvp and when I do I'm in a group.

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Skirm for me. Not really been into the healing class. Looking forward to it now. Still has some work but it really feels like a open old school mmo. Roll on 16th!
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Kanester
    Skirm for me. Not really been into the healing class. Looking forward to it now. Still has some work but it really feels like a open old school mmo. Roll on 16th!

Yea, right up till yesterdays patch I was not happy...but good stuff yesterday with the combat.  It's no longer conversionbat, its actually combat.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    I was going skirm, but now warrior.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Was going to play but i doubt i will, cant stand the liers over at Aventurine.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Aragon100

O well, hope you find a game you like. Bye and good luck.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Mage is popular... image
  • HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

I hope someone, someday makes a game you can play.

I`m old and slow, so I`ll play a warrior

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

^ second that.....even payed for game already.  Hope they fix it for the rest of ya!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    So many warriors. Surprising really, as any organised clan will not be mass rolling warriors at launch for certain obvious reasons... Or perhaps not so obvious after all?
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

well im going skirm but partly because it will be less costly to switch to leveling warrior. they both need bow and str/dex.

personally think that warrior will be the funnest siege class, I prefered playing heavy infantry in df1 sieges. but I like skirmisher for roaming pvp.

PS: anyway Id rather see the game be 50% warriors than 90% mages ala darkfall 1.

My blog: image

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Mykell
    Mage is popular... image

As the first targeted !

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Mage is popular... image

As the first targeted !

I think mages got a little breathing room with the addition of the primalist.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Mage is popular... image

As the first targeted !

Elementalist still suck 

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    I'm gonna focus on my stats first and play whatever role I want.
  • KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    I will start as the mighty Bystander! I will await the challenge if this game dares to do good. I will guard the gates of mediocrity for any sign of life that dares cross the line into the upper echelons!
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Elementalist!!! ready for the challenge 

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Wheres the "Staunch Hater" option?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Mage is popular... image

As the first targeted !

Elementalist still suck 

They eventualy be OP like in DF1 :P lol warrior and archer were great at start of DF1 then they buffed mages and then everyone used them :P

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Mage is popular... image

As the first targeted !

Funnily enough i have decided to "try" and play a primalist as warriors and skirmishers are also really popular in my guild.

I'm really good at running away so i'm hopefully playing to my strengths. image

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Elementalist, In games like this I prefer kiting, in DF1 I 2 handed sword and mana missled my way to loot... I assume i'll try the same thing. Herald of Xotli in AoC is still my favorite unique class in any MMO.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Hi I'm new to Darkfall.

Does mages not have a benefit for being spellcasters vs warriors?

I know that warriors can use bows. But if we use sword casters can always hit us way before we hit them.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Hi I'm new to Darkfall.

I know that warriors can use bows. But if we use sword casters can always hit us way before we hit them.

I say this speaking from the perspective of watching vets play and an understanding of df1... when in melee range a sword/board setup will help out a lot until you can speed some distance apart and swap back to spells. Having no defense against melee would be a problem same as running in a straight line away from ranged would be a problem. If you land your snares and knock backs though you won't have to worry about it too much until warriors use their speed boost.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Hi I'm new to Darkfall.

The Mage has the most dps and big dmg from range.

Not can, all warriors will always use a bow for ranged dmg and then also switch and use a melee weapon for close range.

All players switch weapons and tools in and out of their hands constantly.