Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Names Worst Company Two Years In A Row

AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Comments

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    This must be the 5th thread at least this week on the subject.
  • Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    So, what company did EA name worst company?  And what role?  Seriously....learn to English if you're going to troll, dude.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Indeed.

Quite a guy that Peter Moore.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Good for Peter Moore. Internet nerds do need to get some perspective. BP spills oil into the gulf that destroys the fish and shrimping industry for an entire state yet that is seen as nothing compared to a player's inconvienence with a video game. Yeah, I'll take that poll REAL serious. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

All the big publishers are bad tbh. not just EA. The people who run companies like EA and Activision are only interested in money, they have no geniune interest in gaming or the artistic talent it takes to make a game that will be remembered for years to come. Which is why they churn out endless, overpriced crap like CoD.

Luckily, many of the top developers are now choosing to go indie and find their own funding on places like kickstarter and Steam greenlight. Because in the end it gives them more freedom, creativity and less politics. Which is what you need to make great games.

Games like this one: http://www.uberent.com/pa/  (new RTS from the Total Annihilation devs!) would never even be considered by a publisher these days. Yet they managed to raise double the amount of money they needed to make it from kickstarter.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Good for Peter Moore. Internet nerds do need to get some perspective. BP spills oil into the gulf that destroys the fish and shrimping industry for an entire state yet that is seen as nothing compared to a player's inconvienence with a video game. Yeah, I'll take that poll REAL serious. 

the website is the consumerist.. when it comes to the poll i see it as the worst company in terms of consumer care and support.. In this case I agree with the poll in my experience.. i didn't see it as what company was the most evil or corrupt in how they effect the world or anything like that but which effected the consumer the worst and that's what I see got voted. All the stuff he mentions in that letter are horrible things companies are responsable for but directly it doesn't effect me as a consumer in terms of how I personally feel treated from said company

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

the website is the consumerist.. when it comes to the poll i see it as the worst company in terms of consumer care and support.. In this case I agree with the poll in my experience.. i didn't see it as what company was the most evil or corrupt in how they effect the world or anything like that but which effected the consumer the worst and that's what I see got voted. All the stuff he mentions in that letter is horrible things companies are responsable for but directly it doesn't effect me as a consumer in terms of how I personally feel treated from said company

^ This. I would think with someone in Peter Moore's stature would understand that it's based on consumerism, but then again this is EA we're talking about. 

They will never learn.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Karteli

Indeed.

Good for him.  I personally love most EA games.  I really don't understand why people are so hateful towards EA.  EA has been a gaming company from the beginning.  But, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.

Originally posted by JKwervo

the website is the consumerist.. when it comes to the poll i see it as the worst company in terms of consumer care and support.. In this case I agree with the poll in my experience.. i didn't see it as what company was the most evil or corrupt in how they effect the world or anything like that but which effected the consumer the worst and that's what I see got voted. All the stuff he mentions in that letter is horrible things companies are responsable for but directly it doesn't effect me as a consumer in terms of how I personally feel treated from said company

^ This. I would think with someone in Peter Moore's stature would understand that it's based on consumerism, but then again this is EA we're talking about. 

They will never learn.

i would think so as well... but in my experience a lot of people never learn from past mistakes...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Maybe its time for disney to buy EA and lay off the entire gaming studio like they did with LA.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Peter Moore claims that their games are selling, but SWTOR did not reach their expectations, and Dead Space 3 did not sell as well as they hoped.

The games are mostly good, as it is not EA who makes them, but it is the way they do DLC and the poor launch of Sim City. They have no brains for what gamers want, and just do what they think will get them the most money

Dead Space 3 is good, although the horror aspect which made the first two great was lacking, but it was mostly the DLC that put people off, and Sim City is a great game too, but it is the online connectivity that put people off.

It will be interesting to see what the sales of FIFA 14 will be like. They have said it is going to be more online and you will be socially connected. It sounds they are trying to make that be like Sim City, although can be offline, but will not be so great experience, and that is what EA said too.

EA games have never been great with online.

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172

Indeed.

Good god, does he want a tissue to wipe away his little baby tears after writting this. Come on. Even if EA isn't the worst company he should, regardless, perhaps look into why people do not like them so much instead of going on a little baby rant. You would think a big-wig for a giant gaming company would have thicker skin. whatta wuss.  I just imagine an overweight, old, white guy crying over his keyboard while writing this, blaming the evil "intranetz" for all his companies woes lately. Get a grip there fella hehe.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Indeed.

is this a strip of toilet paper printed!?

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by dronfwar

Indeed.

is this a strip of toilet paper printed!?

Thats exactly what it is, and thats not peter moore, thats edited.

Real One: http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Originally posted by Jonoku

Thats exactly what it is, and thats not peter moore, thats edited.

Real One: http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

Dorkly is a joke site.. i assumed people would have noticed this was a gag.. but i still don't see them learning from their mistakes.. if they had they wouldn't of won this two years in a row..

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by JKwervo

They will never learn.

i would think so as well... but in my experience a lot of people never learn from past mistakes...

Consumerist is just another type of media blackmailer though, its pay up or be 'smeared'. the only ones who read their rubbish are the ones who just look for the bad anyway, their not representative in any way, just chancers chasing $$ opportunities. What they do might be morally reprehensible, but its not illegal. image

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Why is this thread even in the SWTOR forums? It's not even specific to the game. Maybe there is some friend of a friend I don't like who works there and I can start another thread about that here?

There Is Always Hope!

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

5/char

Originally posted by strangepowers

Originally posted by ktanner3 Good for Peter Moore. Internet nerds do need to get some perspective. BP spills oil into the gulf that destroys the fish and shrimping industry for an entire state yet that is seen as nothing compared to a player's inconvienence with a video game. Yeah, I'll take that poll REAL serious. 
    the website is the consumerist.. when it comes to the poll i see it as the worst company in terms of consumer care and support.. In this case I agree with the poll in my experience.. i didn't see it as what company was the most evil or corrupt in how they effect the world or anything like that but which effected the consumer the worst and that's what I see got voted. All the stuff he mentions in that letter are horrible things companies are responsable for but directly it doesn't effect me as a consumer in terms of how I personally feel treated from said company

Exactly, Peter Moore is throwing out red herrings. Not to mention the red herrings he mentions are in bed with the government contracts. We are not spending DOD funds on video games like we do for the oil industry.

just wanted to point out that letter is most likely a gag..  i was just responding to the fact i feel the poll is based on how the average consumers have been treated by a said company and not about how a company effects the world overall

• NamelessCNamelessC Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I am laughing so hard right now. I won't say EA is the worst company, but EA do need to have a better customer support and work on patching the games.
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by strangepowers   Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by ktanner3 Good for Peter Moore. Internet nerds do need to get some perspective. BP spills oil into the gulf that destroys the fish and shrimping industry for an entire state yet that is seen as nothing compared to a player's inconvienence with a video game. Yeah, I'll take that poll REAL serious. 
      Exactly, Peter Moore is throwing out red herrings. Not to mention the red herrings he mentions are in bed with the government contracts. We are not spending DOD funds on video games like we do for the oil industry.
    just wanted to point out that letter is most likely a gag..  i was just responding to the fact i feel the poll is based on how the average consumers have been treated by a said company and not about how a company effects the world overall

Yea, I figured it out a bit too late =P

Originally posted by Benedikt

and do you know why?

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2013/04/cad-comic-sillies-20130411-1f54d.gif

LOL :P

• ScottyakScottyak Member Posts: 12
    It's not just star wars, they effed up Madden too. Madden!
  • tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Well, its been out for a while, but can never get enough:

EA at least have some consistency: treatin consumer like crap 2 years in a row.

Oh, and, btw, this isnt poll about "most evil company in the world", so could you refrain yourself from that line of arguing.

Where theres smoke theres fire, and EA winning this prestigious award 2 years in arow sure produces lot of smoke and SWTOR is no exeption.

Good work EA! At least you win....something lol

Ohm and EA guys letter isnt real deal, but who cares, its funny parody of PR that Peter Moore spouted, and theres a response from consumerist for those who want to bother with it.

PvPers would say....i like your salty tears :) GIVE MOAR!