Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to feel old?

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I just saw this article.

Want to feel old?

I remember seeing that in the theatre when I was a kid.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

That does not make you old.

How about this...

I saw the Wizard of OZ in the theater in the early 50's.

That is OLD. :)

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by kb4blu

That does not make you old.

How about this...

I saw the Wizard of OZ in the theater in the early 50's.

That is OLD. :)

Haha!  Nice.

I just can't believe that was almost 30 years ago.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• JeriethJerieth Member Posts: 12
    I don't feel that old, but I do remember watching this movie on VHS as a kid. 

www.playnswap.com
    Trade in your old video games for new ones, FREE!

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

So I'm driving down the highway in my truck flipping through stations on the radio.  I hit a station that has a song I like and keep it there for a while.  Song after song they we're nailing them ..... good 80s music.  I know, it's bad but that's just when I was listening to a lot of music.  I like me some 80s music.

After a song they switch to commercials.  Typical radio commercial bs and then one for the radio station itself.  In a big radio voice the guy says "97.6 FM  Classic 80s"

Oh hell no, He did not just say "Classic 80s" ........ 60s, now that's classic, even 70s could be classic music.  Not 80s, not even close.  Then I started doing some math ....... damn it made me feel old.

Classic 80s ....... pfft

• Yuri_animeYuri_anime Member Posts: 1

Wow!! I'm kidda feeling old at this topic :3

I remember playing tetris classic and super mario bros 3 on family comp hahaha

those were the days of childhood memories xD

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Ya big bunch 'a babies!

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Smells like mothballs in here...

Isn't Matlock on tv right about now...or something?

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Illius

Smells like mothballs in here...

Isn't Matlock on tv right about now...or something?

You need to get out of that recliner and on the seat of a Harley. The ammonia will dissipate from your clothes after a couple of dozen miles. I don't have any suggestions for your recliner's smell though.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    I was gonna mount my recliner on a tricycle that I made from chopping up a harley and an old vw beatle.  By your theory, this would technically deodorize both my clothes and the recliner.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-