Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What in Yoda´s name did Bioware screw up THIS time?

Anyone care to explain why every second character in warzones is now running around in UNDERPANTS?

Maybe a little immersion breaking? What is the purpose, somethig screwed up with the bolstering so now everyone taking off their gear plays in freakin´GOD MODE? Thank you, now I don´t even want to play my 5 free damn warzones anymore, thank you, really.

Been in 5 warzones in a row, each one was an epic loss against some underpants lvl 54s  team!

Cool, REALLY COOL, SO MUCH FUN! Guess I can delete my lvl 34 smuggler now and de-install.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    These are not the streakers you're looking for. /jediwave
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Why do you continue to play a game that you absolutely hate?
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Damn you got wooped by a naked person in a warzone? I don't think I'd be spreading that around if I were you. That's pretty embarassing. 

Maybe players saw LGBT in patch notes and decided to take it to another level ;)

Seriously though, there's nude type orange armour on the cartel market. It's been there for quite sometime.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

Because the warzones were the last bit I had fun in before Bioware broke them too?

Are you telling me this is now working  "as intended"?

Guess you´re one of the lvl 54 underpants jerks having "fun" with SWTOR. Congratulations!

The Return of ELITE !

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

Because the warzones where the last bit I had fun in before Bioware broke them too?

Are you telling me this is now working  "as intended"?

Guess you´re one of the lvl 54 underpants jerks having "fun" with SWTOR. Congratulations!

http://amazingdesigns.com/jump-to-conclusions

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Is this an exploit?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Originally posted by XAPKen

Is this an exploit?

No, it's players wearing orange modded gear from the cartel market that makes you appear nude. 

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Do you still have male jedi robe badonkadonk with this effect?
  • LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Is this an exploit?

No, it's players wearing orange modded gear from the cartel market that makes you appear nude. 

Brilliant. Bleed those troller purses. I can only imagine griefers and trolls wanting something like that. Still glad I kept this one at a distance.

Is this an exploit?

No. It´s not the transparent gear from the cartel market.

It´s people walking into warzones completely without gear, exploiting the bolstering system. You get maximum bolster if you have no gear.

Take off all your gear except your weapon. "Fun" with underpants.

The Return of ELITE !

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

Covert energy armor that makes it look like you're not wearing anything but the default underwear (I'm pretty sure this is what they had on, not unequipped gear) is pretty old news and bikini armor has been in the game since day 1.

I'm more concerned that Bioware thought it was a good idea to stick the lvl 30ish scrubs against lvl 50+ players, knowing full well that those players have been level capped for months and are decked out in full pvp gear to compliment their experience. No matter what changes they made to the bolstering system new players are going to get rolled in the new bracket.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by LanceC

Is this an exploit?

Brilliant. Bleed those troller purses. I can only imagine griefers and trolls wanting something like that. Still glad I kept this one at a distance.

Lol.... some people are so touchy about the silliest things in video games. Who cares if  people want to run in their undies. Lighten up.  And how does wearing a modded underpants makes a person griefer?

Sense you make not!

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Is this an exploit?

Lol.... some people are so touchy about the silliest things in video games. Who cares if  people want to run in their undies. Lighten up.  And how does wearing a modded underpants makes a person griefer?

Sense you make not!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6121757&postcount=453

found it. Naked bolster, as I said, people go into warzones WITHOUT GEAR

QUOTE:

Hey everyone!

I was able to spend a bit of time today talking to Rob Hinkle and Alex Modny about the PvP changes and although they are busy right now working on getting solutions to some of these issues, I wanted to pass on some explanations on what is going on.

What is the purpose of “naked” bolster? So I want to clarify why Naked Bolster exists. For Bolster we need to have a system that impacts Warzone players from level 10 to level 55. To do this we want to make sure characters are on as even a playing field as possible. However, when you were leveling up your main, when did you get your first helmet, implant, or relic? In the level up game we have certain points where characters have not yet received certain items and we don’t want to punish these characters because they don’t have access to certain items while higher level characters have plentiful access, so they both get bolstered up to the same level to create a more equal playing field.

Ex: We want to make sure your level 11 without a helmet is getting some stats for their head slot to be equal to the level 25 with a helmet.

With that being said, we do not intend for naked Bolster to be better than wearing gear of any type. This is a bug with the system that we are adamant on fixing and attempted to fix on PTS. The truth is that when we fixed one aspect of the system we opened up another edge case. Last night when it became apparent we had not done enough to fix the issue we started an investigation (yes at 3am CDT in the morning) and have been working all day on a plan of attack to shore up this system so that it is fun and balanced for all parties.

More specifically the issues we have discovered are how the Bolster system handles Relics and diminishing returns. Currently on live, Bolster is giving too many stats to the Relic slot, meaning if you don’t use a Relic (naked Bolster) you will get more stats than the Relic itself would give. Actually different stats entirely since most Relics have Endurance and a proc effect. This means that taking off Relics will give you more primary damage stat and secondary stats and you will probably lose Endurance. How Bolster looks at Relic slots needs to be redone so that stats it assumes are present or should be present are more in-line with Relics that are present and we are working on that currently.

The other issue we found in our investigation is that Bolster’s diminishing returns are too generous and giving out too many stats over the course of a set. Our item system uses a diminishing returns formula on each individual stat on a mod, so that putting more and more of a stat on a single mod costs more “item budget.” The Bolster system follows the same formulas, but because it gives more frequent smaller values that are added together, each stat takes a less harsh diminishing returns hit. Taken over the course of an entire set, the result is that a fully Bolstered character tends to have gained some small values in each stat and rating over actual items. To fix this we need to massage some numbers to make diminishing returns affect Bolster stat gains more drastically.

It is important to note that “naked Bolster” is never intended to be better than wearing gear, this is a bug and is going to be fixed.

How does this affect level 55? Bolster will bolster characters up to right below Partisan gear, the new level 55 PvP set gear. This is working correctly from what we can see and means that the Elder Game will not have this issue of “naked Bolster.” Partisan and Conquer gear are still highly valuable and give better stats than Bolster so that max level PvP should be intact as we designed, it is just unfortunate that the system has bugs in it that make getting to that point frustrating.

Because of the bolster changes and general changes to 2.0 combat math you will see larger numbers during combat. We have given out more health with levels which means more damage to counter it. Also, in 2.0 the gear gap has been closed significantly. In pre-2.0 the gap was roughly (very roughly!) 80% difference between Recruit and fully augmented Elite War Hero gear. Closing this gap means that PvP battles will be on a more equal footing but you might be experiencing damage and heal numbers you hadn’t seen before the patch.

Hopefully this post has addressed some of your concerns about the current state of PvP following Game Update 2.0. Again, naked Bolster being as strong as it is right now is a bug and is not intended design. We have outlined above what our current plan is for addressing it but this is always subject to change. I will do my best to keep you all updated on how and when these changes will happen. Thank you all for your questions and feedback.

-eric

The Return of ELITE !

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Considering there are lot of underpants option which can be modded how are you 100% sure that it is just players running without gear?
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Yeah, basically like some poeple have said, its people exploiting the bolster system.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ...games broke, we all know that.....why do we continue to post these things?? Hell I payed $ 150.00 for the collectors.... :-( Game was great for the story line.....rest well, not a mmo.........I got over it, dont play if you dont like.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Is this an exploit?

Sense you make not!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6121757&postcount=453

found it. Naked bolster, as I said, people go into warzones WITHOUT GEAR

QUOTE:

Hey everyone!

I was able to spend a bit of time today talking to Rob Hinkle and Alex Modny about the PvP changes and although they are busy right now working on getting solutions to some of these issues, I wanted to pass on some explanations on what is going on.

What is the purpose of “naked” bolster? So I want to clarify why Naked Bolster exists. For Bolster we need to have a system that impacts Warzone players from level 10 to level 55. To do this we want to make sure characters are on as even a playing field as possible. However, when you were leveling up your main, when did you get your first helmet, implant, or relic? In the level up game we have certain points where characters have not yet received certain items and we don’t want to punish these characters because they don’t have access to certain items while higher level characters have plentiful access, so they both get bolstered up to the same level to create a more equal playing field.

Ex: We want to make sure your level 11 without a helmet is getting some stats for their head slot to be equal to the level 25 with a helmet.

With that being said, we do not intend for naked Bolster to be better than wearing gear of any type. This is a bug with the system that we are adamant on fixing and attempted to fix on PTS. The truth is that when we fixed one aspect of the system we opened up another edge case. Last night when it became apparent we had not done enough to fix the issue we started an investigation (yes at 3am CDT in the morning) and have been working all day on a plan of attack to shore up this system so that it is fun and balanced for all parties.

More specifically the issues we have discovered are how the Bolster system handles Relics and diminishing returns. Currently on live, Bolster is giving too many stats to the Relic slot, meaning if you don’t use a Relic (naked Bolster) you will get more stats than the Relic itself would give. Actually different stats entirely since most Relics have Endurance and a proc effect. This means that taking off Relics will give you more primary damage stat and secondary stats and you will probably lose Endurance. How Bolster looks at Relic slots needs to be redone so that stats it assumes are present or should be present are more in-line with Relics that are present and we are working on that currently.

The other issue we found in our investigation is that Bolster’s diminishing returns are too generous and giving out too many stats over the course of a set. Our item system uses a diminishing returns formula on each individual stat on a mod, so that putting more and more of a stat on a single mod costs more “item budget.” The Bolster system follows the same formulas, but because it gives more frequent smaller values that are added together, each stat takes a less harsh diminishing returns hit. Taken over the course of an entire set, the result is that a fully Bolstered character tends to have gained some small values in each stat and rating over actual items. To fix this we need to massage some numbers to make diminishing returns affect Bolster stat gains more drastically.

It is important to note that “naked Bolster” is never intended to be better than wearing gear, this is a bug and is going to be fixed.

How does this affect level 55? Bolster will bolster characters up to right below Partisan gear, the new level 55 PvP set gear. This is working correctly from what we can see and means that the Elder Game will not have this issue of “naked Bolster.” Partisan and Conquer gear are still highly valuable and give better stats than Bolster so that max level PvP should be intact as we designed, it is just unfortunate that the system has bugs in it that make getting to that point frustrating.

Because of the bolster changes and general changes to 2.0 combat math you will see larger numbers during combat. We have given out more health with levels which means more damage to counter it. Also, in 2.0 the gear gap has been closed significantly. In pre-2.0 the gap was roughly (very roughly!) 80% difference between Recruit and fully augmented Elite War Hero gear. Closing this gap means that PvP battles will be on a more equal footing but you might be experiencing damage and heal numbers you hadn’t seen before the patch.

Hopefully this post has addressed some of your concerns about the current state of PvP following Game Update 2.0. Again, naked Bolster being as strong as it is right now is a bug and is not intended design. We have outlined above what our current plan is for addressing it but this is always subject to change. I will do my best to keep you all updated on how and when these changes will happen. Thank you all for your questions and feedback.

-eric

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Pre-patch fresh 50s were getting facerolled by pre-mades and is one of the reasons I rarely PVP anymore.

• LogicLesterLogicLester Member UncommonPosts: 68

Ironically, if you'd gone naked too with your 30 something character you'd have been more powerful than those naked 50 somethings.

Just curious though, but am I the only one whose mind is blown by their new pvp design philosophy in ROTHC?

Bolster was originally their answer to the problem of having to split pvpers into many different queues for the sake of remotely balanced pvp.  Now they've made sweeping (and buggy) changes to it WHILE adding a third queue (1-29, 30-54, 55).

Said bolster changes will make gear in pvp pointless until you can buy and use pvp tier gear.  Yep that's right, even after they fix the bugs naked pvp is by design, though probably not intent.

Expertise changes mean you will be at the new expertise HARD cap by default when wearing any full set of pvp tier gear.  Instead now the difference between tiers will be in the pve stat budget.  So yeah, that change they made not too long after launch to pvp gear to make it less attractive for pve, they just undid it.  Expect the "welfare epics" complaints to return soon.

So they've futher undone something that was originally a good idea, added a bizarre idea that will make pvp in the game look like a bad joke, and reverted a mostly good idea.  And surprise, surprise, all these code changes to bolster resulted in bugs that cause major balance problems, who'dve thunk that would happen?  I just don't understand what's going on over there.

• zorthekzorthek Member Posts: 5

Well, while I think it is very immersion breaking, its still a good step in the right direction balance wise. You wont find lvl 47-49 twinks in warzones, full equiped in epic gear, with 16-17k hp, while you run around with about 12k in your green leveling gear.

And its not really like god mode, as I see a lot of people running around naked, still delivering low amount of healing and damage... you still need to know how to play.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Balancing gear out of the game is not necessarily a bad thing as it evens up competition and makes skill the deciding factor.  However, they have gone a little far where running around naked gives you better stats that you would have clothed.

For example my assassin has 25K life in gear, but naked I'm closed to 29K and have much high pvp stats as well.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Damn you got wooped by a naked person in a warzone? I don't think I'd be spreading that around if I were you. That's pretty embarassing. 

Maybe players saw LGBT in patch notes and decided to take it to another level ;)

Seriously though, there's nude type orange armour on the cartel market. It's been there for quite sometime.

ha ha ha. very funny.

now we see why SWTOR  is still alive. how much did you pay for god mode armor?

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

They have borked PVP in an atempt to make everyone equal.

Some are saying that now gear is not a factor, skill is what decides matches,

This isn't really true. It's still stun fest, but instead of being chain stunned, you quickly wind up dead.

The TTK is so lowered it's close to a FPS warzone, "Boom, headshot!"

Bolster is in efect at level 55. Expect to buy equipment to combat this silliness.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Buffing players stat-wise to balance PvP in a game where one of the fundamental basics is to acquire gear is silly.

Isn't the whole idea in MMOs to improve your gear to do better both in PvE and PvP?

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

so,,the sun went up, and BW made a booboo

what else is new?

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by deniter

Isn't the whole idea in MMOs to improve your gear to do better both in PvE and PvP?

No it isnt.

It is idea in CERTAIN TYPE of MMOs. Namely PvE MMOs. Like SWTOR.