Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Age of Wushu: Launch Interview

2»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by gmn312

the reason I just WONT play it, is because the mount has a 30 day thingie..

and then you gotta buy another ..

that's honestly a silly reason.. when playing i had 10 flutes.. it's not really that hard to get them.. the 30 day ones i only had the one but had several shorter duration ones.. also if you ride around on a mount all the time you get a debuff anyway so its not ideal to stay mounted.. not ot mention once you get a good number of flying/movement skills you don't really need a mount

also to the poster above there is ALWAYS a middle ground in any game.. and currently i sit on that middle ground..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• greywolf2002greywolf2002 Member UncommonPosts: 18

The game has potential, i think, but it's cluncky as hell, and latency is bad. Interface is confusing and tiring for the eyes, and the translation could use some improvements (i'm saying this and i'm not even a native english speaker, so go figure...).

I wanted to like this game, but i can't, it needs more work.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by park97
    Originally posted by oakshooligan
    Originally posted by park97
    Originally posted by GamerToons

I've played it on and off for the last few weeks and while there are elements that interest me, overall the game ends out pretty flat.

Combat animation is great... combat isn't

Graphics aren't bad at all but they aren't great.

The auto pathing is one of the worst I have ever played in a game ever. It needs to be designed by someone who knows how to dev. 

Quests seem daily to me. I've done the same 'kill 5 crimials' quest over and over throughout the last couple weeks. It makes you feel like what is the point.

I'm pretty sure the game just isn't for me. It is really too bad, but the game is just boring. It feels very very grindy. 

Kind of a let down because there are quite a few elements in the game that are really good. Lot's of good ideas that just are not implemented correctly.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents.

You played it wrong, those auto path quests are optional, and gives very little reward. It's so frustrating to see so many players just don't get it. Maybe AOW was just designed for elite gamer.

Here's a tip: avoid this term. You end up sounding like a huge douchecanoe. Also throws up a red flag for anyone thinking about playing to avoid it. Also, HUGE DOUCHECANOE. Enjoy your silly asian grinder. I hear it has the full support of Jet Li, and that matters!

My apology, I take back that silly 'elite gamer' comment. The bottom line is AOW is not for everyone, it takes time and effort in order to fully enjoy it.

Go back to Sept. and Oct. and look at the GW2 forums. "You played it wrong" was a term that didn't fly then and it doesn't fly now. You may have retracted your elitest words but not the context you used them in. It is clear to me and probably most others that when you say "AoW isn't for everyone" you are being condescending as though you've been enlightend and those who aren't enraptured by AoW are somehow still in the dark unable to see it's hidden value or some other nonsense. My 1st impression.......Cash Shop funneling. That's right where I step off this ride.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

The game has a lot of potential for a mindless asiagrinder. But the problems far outweight the pros.

I dunno about yanks, but from EU the lag is horrendous.

You start off with the most generic and boring quests the game has to offer, everything you do later is better and way more interesting than the crap they shove in your face when you start. That is just retardedly bad game design.

The translation is hit and miss, you sometimes have different skilldescriptions in the "guide" and the actual tooltip.

You will spend the first 10-20 minutes after logging in blacklisting the latest goldspammers (for a game that is supposed to be in open beta, great).

I couldn't figure out what the fuck caused the "you haven't walked in a while and you now get a stacking debuff that slows your movespeed for a while" crap. It happened while bloody running arround.

Spy missions seem to be bugged skills don't work on targets they are supposed to according to the tooltip. Also the "spyskills" toolbar won't vanish when you quit.

...and some other stuff

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    We are going to get about another 2 "articles" before we get a review. Make your mind up then.
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260
    The graphics (esp combat) look great, It reminds me how much i dislike the UI & nameplates. I hope they change that stuff

• comdo99comdo99 Member Posts: 1

this game over is poorly done.

even to do a simple chat in school chat you gotta pay real cash to do so.

and the entire game is backwards and confusing, it takes to long to level up a skill in F2P.

and I won't pay a red penny to this company for a poorly made graphics and poorly done combat system and chat system.

it all bases around for you pay real cash to dop anything in this game.

and the controls are glitchy and horrible.

I would not advise any of my family or friends to play this terrible game.

this game has the same simple minded animation combat graphics as 9Dragons does.

and the thing is this game is more boring then 9Dragons.

at least in 9Dragons you can level up your skills easy in F2P and not end up paying a red cent out for it.

and even in the chat system is free in 9Dragons.

this crazy game you have to pay real money to be able to continue to chat in it..rofl

I don't see this game lasting a year if that.

I uninstalled this poorly made game thats all based on your paying real money out to do anything in it.

this games graphics alone looks like its based from over 10 years ago or more.

blocky and choppy graphics and the animations are the same.

what you people are doing is playing a game that came out for the chinees over 10 years ago and it just came out for UK and USA release to try to steal your hard earned money from you kids.

you want a good game thats F2P try champions online or DC universe.

better graphics and better game style play and animations and faster pace leveling and better ways to get C-store items without spending real cash.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by comdo99

this game over is poorly done.

even to do a simple chat in school chat you gotta pay real cash to do so.

no you don't, you are very confused

and the entire game is backwards and confusing, it takes to long to level up a skill in F2P.

it takes a long no matter what, you do not cap in a weeked lol

and I won't pay a red penny to this company for a poorly made graphics and poorly done combat system and chat system.

and the controls are glitchy and horrible.

I would not advise any of my family or friends to play this terrible game.

this game has the same simple minded animation combat graphics as 9Dragons does.

and the thing is this game is more boring then 9Dragons.

at least in 9Dragons you can level up your skills easy in F2P and not end up paying a red cent out for it.

and even in the chat system is free in 9Dragons.

this crazy game you have to pay real money to be able to continue to chat in it..rofl

I don't see this game lasting a year if that.

I uninstalled this poorly made game thats all based on your paying real money out to do anything in it.

this games graphics alone looks like its based from over 10 years ago or more.

blocky and choppy graphics and the animations are the same.

what you people are doing is playing a game that came out for the chinees over 10 years ago and it just came out for UK and USA release to try to steal your hard earned money from you kids.

you want a good game thats F2P try champions online or DC universe.

better graphics and better game style play and animations and faster pace leveling and better ways to get C-store items without spending real cash.

Yeah you did not pass the learning curve test. Probably best you go. I stopped highlighting because you are not even close.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • maccajnrmaccajnr Member UncommonPosts: 84

I'm staying away from Snail games. MMOs is a lot about reputation.

The last "free" Snail game I played (Voyage Century Online) had a horrible cash shop which was literrally destroying the game. Like a noob player with lots of cash could easilly outdamage veterans: +500% damage or more, +500% defense or more, more dodge, more accuracy, unlimited heals,...

So no thanks, I'll pass.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    The game has good ideas but the combat was way too terrible for me to stick around for too long. The polish just isnt there for it to be a big hit. I'm honestly shocked how some people put up with it.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283

Played for about a week and came away feeling frustrated overall.

The learning curve is steep and not well explained. General chat is constantly spammed by gold farmers so any assistance from other players is lost. There are aspects of the game that were character systems that were very confusing and need more explanation. The ingame currency system is also very confusing. The full screen option wouldn't save making me reset the resolution after every log in. The game would'nt recognize mouse hot keys in the settings and a few other nagging things about the game.

The gameworld seems very zen-like and peaceful and the graphics and combat animations look cool. Autopathing is working and a neat feature.

Although I'm only scratching the surface of the game, I have to admit defeat and uninstall this one. Things should'nt be this confusing when it comes to learning the game and a better tutorial is sorely needed.

I recommend this game to players needing a challenge and something fairly unique.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Poeples claiming the gameplay is clanky are just players who needs a big imput recording assistance like there is in most western MMOs...

The GCD is pretty short and if you hit the key 0,0001 sec before the skill is up : it won't imput. That's why a lot of beginners have this "clanky" feeling.

I do a lot of mass PvP and a lot of 1v1 PvP too... gameplay is fluid and extremely reactive ONCE you get used to it... either spam buttons or have a perfect timing.

And for poeples complaining about latency... probably 90% of them are over-sea players... but still.. I play from France just fine...

I will agree the game is definitly not for everybody (I'd say it's aimed to old-school/hardcorish PvPers) and that the PvE sux.

that said : I do really enjoy my time online !

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• Mordred1Mordred1 Member UncommonPosts: 84

I find it hard to go on playing this game, it isn't really a sandbox when there is nothing to do outside of scripted things. I wandered around the world and every city is basically the same with the same npcs. The only incentive to travel is to do different quests, which are extremely boring. Oh, and all the beginner guides told me to do the whole storyline quest if I wanted to  get all the skills from my school, so doing what you want is not an option.

It's funny when they say there are no levels but I'm not 'enlightened ' enough to do instances and some other missions. And I just wonder what max level people do outside of pvping since I'm already tired of my jobs.

I like PvP but this one feels like any other MMO in which I have to play through a lot of forgettable things to start enjoying it.