Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which of these alive MMO titles would you like to see shutting down

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    None if enough people are playing and still enjoy them. Wishing a game would shut down just because you don't like it is pretty selfish.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Jeleena
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    Why would I want to see a game shut down and people lose their jobs?

not losing their jobs, but maybe to make room for something new and better.. perhaps even by the same company? Who knows... :)

If people are playing these games they most probably enjoy them so WHY would you want them to shut down?  Because YOU don't like them? Why would shutting down one game be needed to "make room" for another? 

This poll was more of a cross check with the other poll on the already shut down titles.

Maybe we can read something out of it. It´s all just for empirical data which I generally find interesting if enough people cast their votes on such questions.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I don't want to see anything shut down, but out of selfish reasons, I wouldn't mind seeing TOR shut down, and maybe a better Star Wars MMO made, due to the void....But that is only if I had to pick one, don't want to see anyones game shut down that they enjoy.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Most people have the right answer.  None/Other.  Just because you don't play it, doesn't mean you should wish for its demise.  The more games out there the better.  Gives players a choice, and ups the competition.  Since there are a finite number of players, games should keep evolving.  Those that succeed will rise to the top.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    none. why would I want a game to shut down? Not only does it employ people but there are probably people who enjoy them.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Pirates of the Burning Sea. A valient effort, but it needs a mercy killing.
  • suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Tera !

reason : most unbalanced crap I've ever seen.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
     The more games out there the better.  

Is that so? Player populations spread out more and more over countless titles, every year new blockbuster MMOs - how long will the market be sustainable at the current rate of new releases?

The Return of ELITE !

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Another selfish thread by a gamer, oh and EA are the worst company in America.../sigh
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I voted Scarlet Blade, just because it's really bad - I mean doesn't deserve to have been made bad. Not because of breasts, but because it's bad.

I knew when I saw WoW on the list people would vote for it quite a bit, but that's because too many people think that when WoW goes away , somehow better games will be released. The sad truth is, bad games are going to be made with or without WoW. And yes,

I see it very much like the arguement atheists put forth about religion, mind you, I myself am atheist, but wars and bad things aren't caused by religion. It's just a scapegoat. Hateful people will just find another reason to hate whatever it is they hate.

I'm not sure why people think of the MMO genre differently than other genres. As if MMO's should all be of higher quality. How many terrible fps games come out per year? Exactly. Do you think by removing the most popular FPS games that somehow all those crappy ones will stop being made? Nope.

"But they'll stop copying WoW"  Okay, but won't they just copy something else? Could you imagine if every MMO was an EVE clone? Eventually people would get tired of it and want something different to be made.

"Damn I'm sick of these 4 hour tutorials!" "Hey anyone else wish an instance based pvp game would come out?"

The problem isn't the popular games, the problem is that players get burnt out faster than the industry adapts.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by mgilbrt

Is that so? Player populations spread out more and more over countless titles, every year new blockbuster MMOs - how long will the market be sustainable at the current rate of new releases?

I can agree with you here FH.Although I love having choice's,it is getting to the point that the market is becoming over saturated with the ftp barrage.

To that point,is where I can agree with what M.Jacob's said.I myself think that gamer's are riding a high right now and in a few year's we will see the problem's of what 5246987321 ftp game's actually present's.Some people think this is an end to ptp,I think it's a blip on the radar and many game's will close door's and take losses.

In the end we will probably have as many game's as now,but the hybrid's with ptp will probably be the strongest.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I don't want any game to shutdown.  It doesn't matter if I have played it or not, like it or not.  Why wish for people to lose a game they are enjoying?  Someone must be playing it or it wouldn't be there?  Also why wish for people to lose their jobs who work on said game.

Now in the interest in full honesty I will say that had this vote been long ago I would have voted for SWG to shutdown.  I would have voted for a whole lot of bad stuff to happen to the idiots that ruined SWG though :/

Originally posted by coretex666
    Who wants to see this thread shutting down

why not adding a poll? I love polls.

The Return of ELITE !

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

While I agree the poll in concept is slightly jerkish towards other peoples fun.

I am going to look at it more from "They would immediately have a sequel" type of thing which is why I voted WoW. I want to see what Blizzard has up their sleeve and if they can pull it all off again!

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Voted Other.  I want Gladiatus shut down.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    Why would I want to see a game shut down and people lose their jobs?

not losing their jobs, but maybe to make room for something new and better.. perhaps even by the same company? Who knows... :)

Hmm I didn't know the internetz was running out of space?! Serious with a population of 6 billion people and a online gaming population of only 217 million I think we have room enough to grow AND keep current mmorpgs going if the demand is there. You're approaching this like there is only a finite amount of space set aside for the mmo genre...such limited thinking. That must be the reason people are constantly trying to tear these games and the players that play them down.

BTW I voted other/none of the above

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

None. If people are playing and enjoying themselves, why deny them their fun?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Seriously, why would you want to shut down a game that has sufficient players?  If you don't like the game, don't play it.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    I voted for WoW simply because the death of that monster would finally signal the end of themepark MMO's ( hopefully forever )
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

no one.

I would not like to see game I play to be such a fail, I don't want to see people loosing game they play.

I guess any bad game die by loosing players anyhow, and if it still running, means, some guys still love it.

Agree with people who would like to fail some companies instate, bad management can never make game more enjoyable.

all over, this poll is excessive, to be honest....

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Grunch
    WHy would anyone want a game shut down? What do I have to gain by having a game I don't play shut down? Instead I would rather have EA and perhaps SOE banned from making anymore mmo games.

Well sir,you might actually care about OTHER people?

It is like saying..."Oh well my neighbour's house is getting robbed,but it doesn't concern me,so i don't care".

Imagine some people might be wasting their money and time on a game that might very well shut down  before they realize the whole game.

TIME is MUCH more valuable than money,any time you invest that might be lost before you are ready,can feel like a huge let down.

I can use an example >>>TAbula Rasa.How many people invested time expecting to playout the game,then realize their time spent was wasted.

How many people followed and read every article on Dark N Light ,for maybe a year or more,to finally realize NO GAME,they wasted al lthat time following that game.

There are also many people who build  Guild webpages and coordinate theri guilds structure and run everyday events.Imagine they put in al lthat effort and the game folds?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

I don't want any MMO shut down.

A few of them heavily redesigned... yes.

A few of the 'developers' and 'designers' having their 'licence to build MMOs' ticket taken away ... yes.  (Wouldn't fire them just reassign them to something they are good at and couldn't do any harm - like flash games and single player games for example)

Might I suggest a better poll would be "Which MMO would you like to fundimentally change?"

"If you could stop a Dev company making MMOs which one?"

"Which developer / designer doesn't have a clue?"

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250

None, and anyone on this gaming site who says otherwise should take a deep look at themself and really question their way of thinking.

It can be likened to saying though In a more extreme context  - I don't like you as a person therefore you should die.

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'd honestly like for Blizzard to fold, and be sold to a new owner who can make a new commitment to quality and respect for customers. It woln't happen, but it would be awesome if their @sshat execs screwed something up bad and got overthrown for their wanton greed and disrespectful practices.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• MackeskimoMackeskimo Member Posts: 50

picked WoW... I'm curious to know if and what, hypothetically, would be the aftermath of such a huge game (playerbase wise) in respect to dispersement of players.

What would the millions of players go to / do next, what kind of players would be going to what kind of games, etc.

Would it create such a vacuum that the current games would go into a frenzy to grab these potential customers? Could this cause several new, ofcourse not necessarily good, games to be published sooner?