Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for no reason

cybert2k2cybert2k2 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Today I was banned saying I was using 3rd party program.  I don't cheat.  Anyone else get this ?

EDIT:

I deserve all the negative feedback.   my bad  

I got an email from Trion informing me of a 24 hour ban for 3rd-party program use.  I have not used any 3rd-party program to gain an unfair advantage ever 

I was trying to find out if this is common for Trion to ban people for no reason.  I will contact Trion support to find out what happened

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by cybert2k2
    Today I was banned saying I was using 3rd party program.  I don't cheat.  Anyone else get this ?

Don't say you are using a third party program, glad you are banned.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

what was the third party program? Just curious

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

Welcome to reading and comprehension.

He meant:

They, TRION WORLDS, said the reason he was banned was because he was using a third party program. He isn't saying that he said/typed out in general/world chat: I am using a third party program.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Tekkaman

He meant:

They, TRION WORLDS, said the reason he was banned was because he was using a third party program. He isn't saying that he said/typed out in general/world chat: I am using a third party program.

Oh my bad..............reading is hard.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .......hacker!   Where  you running anything in the background?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Fact: Most claims of being "Banned for no reason" actually have a very good reason for being banned. Just saying if you were really innocent you would of contacted them about it.

Complaining that you were banned for using a 3rd party program you were likely using isn't going to fix what you did.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    It may sound like that maybe you might of got hacked and they used your account to get you banned. Makes me wonder who would go threw so much trouble though? Get a hold of customer service tell them that you feel you been hacked and see what happens. Then change your password ASAP!!

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Take it as a blessing and play something else.
  • MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by Tekkaman

He meant:

Oh my bad..............reading is hard.

Not your fault, its the poor punctuation. 

Regarding the banning, I got banned for no apparent reason; WoW = Havent played for 2 years, account completely permanently banned, Nexon ( Maple and Mabinogi )= Got banned quite alot, for the things I didn't do : and etc.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Actually, it sounds like the OP said he got banned for SAYING he was using 3rd party program. He claims he doesn't, but that he just got banned for merely saying he hax.

Pretty silly thing to get banned for if my interpretation of what he said is correct in what he meant and that he wasn't using 3rd party programs

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Naowut
    Take it as a blessing and play something else.

The blessing of a curse.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by cybert2k2

You got caught. Just own up to it instead of making a pointless thread about how innocent you are.

According to your profile you are 47 years old. Which means your reflexes isn't what they used to be. Understandable you want to even the playing field, but now you got caught so just buy a new key and continue the legit way. Lesson learned?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

No Defiance for that one there!

Grumpy cat reported him!  Stupid cat always getting people banned!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

does fraps count as a bannable third party program?

i use fraps while waiting for Overwolf support to arrive (which is on its way).

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I call BS.  

You must have done something wrong, or you are lying.

People don't generally get banned for no reason, especially from a company like Trion.  Or, you are lying because you hate Defiance for some reason and want other people to think that Trion is a bad company, which they are not.  

Why haven't you responded to such an inflamatory post?  It's your own post, why wouldn't you be monitoring responses and trying to keep your name clean or explain your side of the story?  Seems rather fishy to me.  

• cybert2k2cybert2k2 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I call BS.  

People don't generally get banned for no reason, especially from a company like Trion.  Or, you are lying because you hate Defiance for some reason and want other people to think that Trion is a bad company, which they are not.  

Why haven't you responded to such an inflamatory post?  It's your own post, why wouldn't you be monitoring responses and trying to keep your name clean or explain your side of the story?  Seems rather fishy to me.  

I did nothing wrong.  I played the game for about an hour sofar and was going to play this weekend.  I don't hate trion or the game I just want what I paid for and to play.  The only thing I can think of is my accountI got hacked or something is on my computer I am not aware of.. ran a full scan and nothing was found..  

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

What are you scanning your computer with? I suggest scanning it with a normal up to date virus scan, then Malwarebytes. 

Then start the game client, and then task manager and see if there is anything running that catches your eye in the running list. 

I'm inclined to believe that you did not intentionaly hack the game since I recently finished my computer security classes. It's amazing how easy it is to make someone elses computer a zombie computer.

I would also advise that you do contect Trion and try to straigten it out, if nothing more than a sign of good faith. As mentioned above, for a first time offense I am sure they are willing to work with you. 

If you were attempting to hack the game I suggest you just quite while you are ahead, this is not battlefield, or Call of Duty, and the software is built to detect manipulation on even a small scale. 

If you see a program or service running in task manager that looks suspicious do not just end it, google the name on it and see what comes up, sometime you will get a virus that spoofs another service so you will seemingly have multiple instances of the same service running, if you see this, also google it and see if there should be. 

Good luck with it, I think the game is worth playing, and I know how I would feel if I found myself unable to play this weekend...I can also imagine how much I would get done around the house...but I quickly try to forget that...

Not so nice guy!

• GosuRushaGosuRusha Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I also was banned for no reason, and I don't even own the game.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Also a good one is Teamspeak plugins where you get popups ingame who is talking at the time, some MMO devs and Punkbuster apps LOVE those... ;)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I was also banned just a few moments ago. However i havent logged in since playing the game for like 5 hours and then uninstalling so? Same accusation 3rd party programs under report a character category. So that means they must have reported me during my 5 hour play session at lauch and somehow today it goes through at 0200 in the morning? Wtf is giong on. I just want this stupid game removed from my Trion account then so it doesnt fuck up the other games i have on my Trion account.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

You guys who are "getting banned" sure its not fake e-mails?  I get at least 2 e-mails every day saying that my Diablo 3 account has been banned.  Except I have never played Diablo 3, never will, and I don't have a Blizzard account of any kind.  Its just all Phishing scams.

If the e-mails are legit and you actually are banned all you can do is contact Trion.  They DO have a rep from Rift of incorrect bans due to their sensitive/faulty software and lack of any GM oversight (bans are auto-confirmed with no human review, or at least they used to be).

• KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I call BS.  

You have no clue. MMO companies do mistakes all the time with banning people.

Sometimes a legit player is also more likely to get banned than a farmer/bot lol.

• cybert2k2cybert2k2 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    It is a real ban I cant login it says I have been banned and to contact them..  I can still play rift.. nothing found in three online scans and with malwarebytes and I doubt my account was hacked.  None of the other games I play have been hacked. I hope they tell me why they did this
This discussion has been closed.