Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Kicking Down CU On Purpose?

1235»

Comments

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

Not sure how you can "hype" a game that hasn't even been determined if it will actually be made at this point.  Until CSE commits fully to making CU (by reaching the $2m kickstarter goal), no point in hyping it.

Furthermore, the kickstarter campaign is designed to test whether or not there is enough interest in having a pure RvR game.  If it can't get $2m in committments, then it shows that there aren't enough people who want that kind of game, and MJ will not have to spend $2m of his own money on the game.

So, hype meters might be interesting, but the ultimate hype meter is the kickstarter campaign.  

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well its gameplay gets back to holy trinity, its pvp its focused on RvR (which kills the competiton which is the heart of pvp) and its low budget which means no artist or anything serious with some aesthetics ...

i dunno why to pledge or get hyped ???

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    @loulaki

Very well written and interesting observation. Lots of things to consider in your intuitive analysis of the subject.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Ah cool, thanks for the reminder to check the hype boards today.

It's kind of a weak argument to say only people who love CU get to vote.  Free will.  Oh well, voted.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This happens to every game that hovers near the top of the Hype meter.  I suggest living with it.  It's not going to hurt the development of the game.
    Aye, just intriguing because it has the opposite intended effect.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

I noticed everytime our game gets to #1 on the hype meter, it shoots down several points all at once... It seems that some people are artifically keeping it down, maybe by giving it 1 ratings? I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this game, and so I gave it a 10/10 on the hype meter... I think if it was at the top, it would help the Kickstarter fund as well, hopefully people stop doing this, or what not, so it can stay at the top.... It's unfortunate that people are trying to keep it down on purpose. I wish there was something we could do about these false ratings, that are in favor of other games, or seem to be...

....a epic fail is a fail, its that simple friend.......They are providing us with with nothing and expecting tons of cash in return.  Look at the recient kickstarter from Chris Roberts, for Star Citizen.  He has a working video demo, laid out basic structure for his game world.  This had well......

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

People seem to be kicking this game up for some reason now.

Maybe fake accounts, who knows.  It's weird.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

I noticed everytime our game gets to #1 on the hype meter, it shoots down several points all at once... It seems that some people are artifically keeping it down, maybe by giving it 1 ratings? I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this game, and so I gave it a 10/10 on the hype meter... I think if it was at the top, it would help the Kickstarter fund as well, hopefully people stop doing this, or what not, so it can stay at the top.... It's unfortunate that people are trying to keep it down on purpose. I wish there was something we could do about these false ratings, that are in favor of other games, or seem to be...

How is someone hyping it at 1 any less valuable than you hyping it at 10?

Sorry dude but there's nothing to see here. You're hyped, you give a ten, some other people aren't hyped at all, they give it a 1.

Freedom of speach, bro, this isn't USSR.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I have absolutely no interest in playing this game, in which I would typically not bother to participate in it's hype meter.  But I guess that if people only vote on games they intend on playing, it skews the hype meter results.  With that logic I had better add my rating.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Ask yourself, why does the game get #1 in the first place?

They've nothing to show for their claims, beyond claims and promises.

People on these forums (and others) have had their fill of 'promises undelivered', so why should a game that promises stuff (yet shows no proof whatsoever) get rewarded with praises?

I doubt everyone is 'kicking it down' on purpose, but you sure as heck need to have something to prove your claims in order to stay up top the hype meter.

I, amongst many others have wasted too much money on claims and promises to believe in them at this time and age, last few examples being SWTOR and GW2.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

if it makes the Op feel happy,i did not vote on this and i think it will be a complete dud.

FYI OP,from what i unbderstand they might use a median scoring system or at least that is usually how any creditable system works.

Basically meaning yo umay have hurt the game more than help it's hype meter by voting 10/10.People that vote 1 or 10 are probably eliminated from the scoring.

No matter i find it extremely funny that the OP is worried about people giving it a low rating and he gave it an unfounded 10/10.

10/10 is not only biased and  an unrealistic score but it is saying you expect that god himself is making this game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

To the OP when have the trolls been incorrect?

Name one AAA MMORPG that has come out since WoW that has blown the socks off everybody?

Scarlet Blade dont count!

• Autumnstorm27Autumnstorm27 Member Posts: 9
    It's in the Hype because it is the hype! We are super excited about being part of this and actually having our voices heard for once!!!! :) :) :)
  • will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

This isn't a AAA mmorpg.... it's a niche, and you're fooling yourself if people aren't 1 voting this game to kick it down. It doesn't go from 8.37 before DEPTHS is announced to 8.41 back to  8.39 without some manipulation by others, and it's backings go up to 3k an hour... when it was at 1100 on a good hour the last 2 days. That's all the proof you need that the haters gonna hate. or the carebears are going to stare, i should say~

now back to 8.42 time to go spam your ESO forums for more votes guys!  lol