Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGC's Critical Impact is now recruiting semi-hardcore players!

Grey950Grey950 Member UncommonPosts: 65

IGC is adding Neverwinter!

Community Manager: Grey Jorildyn

Goals: PvX (everything Neverwinter has to offer)

Officers: Positions available (interview process)

Guild Name: Critical Impact (working title)

Timezones: North American (EST-PST)

Join: Guild Application

IGC is looking to expand into another MMO with Neverwinter. Right now we're looking for players, leaders, and experienced PvE and PvP players among them. Our multi-game community is about 150 players, across 5 major MMORPGs and 3 "Gamer Groups" (LoL, MWO, and DOTA 2). Whenever a big title catches our eye, we seek to bring new players into the fold and add another branch to our growing community tree. We feel that Neverwinter has a promising future in the MMO world and our gaming community!

So we're looking for YOU, the player interested in Neverwinter to join us in our new adventure. We are not only looking for experienced, core players, but also those with the talent, time, and desire to lead our new chapter too. This is a great opportunity for someone to not just join our community, but make a long-lasting impact! IGC grows because people in current chapters are willing to start new chapters, but it also grows when we bring in new people with the drive to succeed.

As a group, we are semi-hardcore players. That is, hardcore players who perhaps don't have the time or energy to be super hardcore like we used to be in our 20s. We have families, kids, and careers now. We are a working-man's community. That doesn't make us any less competitive than the younger guilds though (not by a long-shot) and our track record for guilds proves that. IGC has left its mark, and continues to, in games such as FFXIV, Guild Wars 2, Rift, and Star Wars: The Old Republic! We want to do the same in Neverwinter!

Right now we're in the process of looking for strong leaders and growing our playerbase for this game.  IGC knows what it wants to do within the game and that's be the best can be. We have been watching this game since it was announced and are incredibly excited that we have somewhere to recruit and connect with the Neverwinter community. As we gather players to our community we will run a polls and gauge the interest level of our players to determine the most successful focus of our guild. We believe everyone has a voice and each voice is important.  One thing I can tell you is we generally don't RP, but if the guild wills it, so shall it be.

So if you're looking to join a well-established group of mature adults who enjoys all facets of MMORPG gaming (and thensome), then take a look at our website.  If you have any questions, you can email them directly to me at [email protected]. I'll do my best to answer any and all questions you might have, including inquiries about group applications (we get this one a lot). Players can also apply directly to this guild using our general application.

Now that you know what we're all about, tell us what you're all about!  We look forward to reading your applications over the next few months and hope you will be the type of player that excels with us.  

To everyone: We'll see YOU in Neverwinter!

Thanks for reading! :)

Grey Jorildyn

IGC Manager

A multi-game MMORPG community
http://www.impact-gaming.us/

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Are you offering a paid job...

My tip, dont take gaming to serious

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AureljusAureljus Member UncommonPosts: 10

The more I play mmo's the more I realise that guilds/clans are getting like second job, with all the requirments and interwievs, few months later, they will be asking for a CV.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Some years ago, some people looked looked at football players, in a mix of disgust and mockery.

"Do they really want to pay people for this?

My tip, don't take football too serious."

Nowadays professional football players are worlwide stars that earn 5-20 million bucks a year. Wonder what they'll think those that couldn't see that the world evolves around them.

I think people are allowed to take "games" as seriously as they want to. If you don't take seriously the things you enjoy doing, what are you gonna take serious, the forced joke of a job we have to get up everyday at 6 am for, working for someone we don't even know? Dunno, each one is free to do as they like. 

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Grey950Grey950 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    The interviews are for officer positions only. Yeah we take putting someone in charge a little serious. They're gonna be leading other people and it's important for us that we are confident in that person's ability to do so.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

Cryptic games, while fun, are shallow and aim at the casuals.

There'll be no Akylios in this game.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Some years ago, some people looked looked at football players, in a mix of disgust and mockery.

Nowadays professional football players are worlwide stars that earn 5-20 million bucks a year. Wonder what they'll think those that couldn't see that the world evolves around them.

I think people are allowed to take "games" as seriously as they want to. If you don't take seriously the things you enjoy doing, what are you gonna take serious, the forced joke of a job we have to get up everyday at 6 am for, working for someone we don't even know? Dunno, each one is free to do as they like. 

er.. Footballers also tend to be athletes.. and.. gamers don't image

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Judging by your 5k+ posts on a MMORPG forum I say you already take gaming more serious than most of us.  Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Impact Gaming Community chapters and gaming groups are generally progression minded guilds that (when able) focus on achieving endgame goals as quickly as possible WITHOUT requiring absurd amounts of time spent like typical "hardcore" guilds.  In Rift for example we obtained much more server firsts in raiding than our rival guild on our server, despite spending much less hours in general on the raids.

Since Neverwinter doesn't really have a hardcore endgame so to speak and it's more a casual play MMO, you can expect recruitment to be pretty lax (compare to say EQ Hardcore guilds which had month long application processes and required 40+ hours spent in game), minus leadership roles as we take management and organization very seriously.  If you don't want to join a guild / community that has strong structure that's your option.  I know a big reason a lot of us join IGC and stick around, even when we become bored of a particular game for whatever reason, is because we have said structure in place and a guild is more than just a means to tackle endgame contact until we are "finished" with the game and move on to the next one never keeping in touch with our former guildmates.

There are several reasons to join IGC, among them:

• Freedom to move freely between chapters and gaming groups and play with a set group of people you know, rather than having to start over and join a new guild with members you don't know anytime you decide to switch games.
    • Having the ability to create new chapters and gaming groups with a high traffic good looking website and management tools and structure already in place.
    • Access to discussions and media outlets such as our podcast with other like minded gamers who enjoy the same hobbies you do.
    • Free IRL swag (yes, you can win free stuff!)
    As for the gaming to football analogy I think it's accurate.  With Twitch, Youtube, and gaming tournaments such as EVO and MLG it's possible to make a living as a professional gamer.  Though IGC isn't specifically for professional gamers (yet) we probably wouldn't turn away anyone trying to break into the professional game, and I'm sure we'd help with sponsorship and getting you setup for that should you want to bring in a professional team.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Magnum2103

Judging by your 5k+ posts on a MMORPG forum I say you already take gaming more serious than most of us.  Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Impact Gaming Community chapters and gaming groups are generally progression minded guilds that (when able) focus on achieving endgame goals as quickly as possible WITHOUT requiring absurd amounts of time spent like typical "hardcore" guilds.  In Rift for example we obtained much more server firsts in raiding than our rival guild on our server, despite spending much less hours in general on the raids.

Since Neverwinter doesn't really have a hardcore endgame so to speak and it's more a casual play MMO, you can expect recruitment to be pretty lax (compare to say EQ Hardcore guilds which had month long application processes and required 40+ hours spent in game), minus leadership roles as we take management and organization very seriously.  If you don't want to join a guild / community that has strong structure that's your option.  I know a big reason a lot of us join IGC and stick around, even when we become bored of a particular game for whatever reason, is because we have said structure in place and a guild is more than just a means to tackle endgame contact until we are "finished" with the game and move on to the next one never keeping in touch with our former guildmates.

• Freedom to move freely between chapters and gaming groups and play with a set group of people you know, rather than having to start over and join a new guild with members you don't know anytime you decide to switch games.
    • Having the ability to create new chapters and gaming groups with a high traffic good looking website and management tools and structure already in place.
    • Access to discussions and media outlets such as our podcast with other like minded gamers who enjoy the same hobbies you do.
    As for the gaming to football analogy I think it's accurate.  With Twitch, Youtube, and gaming tournaments such as EVO and MLG it's possible to make a living as a professional gamer.  Though IGC isn't specifically for professional gamers (yet) we probably wouldn't turn away anyone trying to break into the professional game, and I'm sure we'd help with sponsorship and getting you setup for that should you want to bring in a professional team.

Actually i prefer posting here about games instead of playing them...

Just kidding...   But somehow your conclusions about my gaming needs and habbits are totally wrong.  Thats because you and me are totally different. I play games to relax, casually, just like my posting on these boards... unlike you who wants to make gaming his daytime job... Thats your own choice and as long as youre happy with it... GO,,....  

Just keep in mind that many old time MMO players that have been here for like 15 years have gon through this cycle in their EQ days, and by now recognise the things that are fun in gaming... taking things to serious are not fun in the long run...  Someday you might find out for yourselves.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

Just kidding...   But somehow your conclusions about my gaming needs and habbits are totally wrong.  Thats because you and me are totally different. I play games to relax, casually, just like my posting on these boards... unlike you who wants to make gaming his daytime job... Thats your own choice and as long as youre happy with it... GO,,....  

Just keep in mind that many old time MMO players that have been here for like 15 years have gon through this cycle in their EQ days, and by now recognise the things that are fun in gaming... taking things to serious are not fun in the long run...  Someday you might find out for yourselves.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93

Or, they can enjoy the game they want to, and you can enjoy the game you want to, and end your pointless bickering about which method is better. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

^ I think your analogy fell off the mark big time.  MMO guild  vs NFL team... that is like comparing apples to cucumbers... 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Betaguy

^ I think your analogy fell off the mark big time.  MMO guild  vs NFL team... that is like comparing apples to cucumbers... 

It wasn't 100 years ago, when Football was played by poor kids that had no other form of entertainment than a badly sewn leather ball. Back then, a sport was born, and 100 years later you see what it has become. A few years ago, e-sports were born give it a few more years, and then get back to me.

Refusing to see how the world evolves doesn't make the world stop evolving, only makes you stop evolving.

PS: This doesn't matter much but I wasn't even speaking about NFL anyway, I was speaking about REAL Football. You know, Real Madrid, Manchester United, FC Barcelona, etc. You know, the sport that you play with the FOOT and with a BALL, and not with your hands and a melon.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

We don't take gaming "too seriously", that's for sure lol  What we do approach with a responsible overtone is the organizing of new guilds and the recruitment of members.  This saves us a lot of headache later since we are choosey about who we bring in.  I'm sure anyone playing online games for as long as some of you have will understand why that is important to the process of any guild or community trying to build a long-lasting foundation.  That's one of our goals and we have managed to do it well until now.

If you're interested in the guild, apply.  If not, good luck!

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Yet, you feel it's okay to not only make conclusions about my gaming needs/habits, but our gaming communities habits in general.  How am I playing games like it's a daytime job?  We all play games to have fun (even professional e-sports players do as they likely would be doing any other career path to be different).  Please keep your trolling out of recruitment threads.  We did not ask for advice on how to play our games.

I'm an old time EQ player and played MUDs before it and I know many people who didn't go through "this cycle" as you call it.  Many of the old time EQ vets are still happy with their current MMOs and enjoying playing in endgame progression on a hardcore or semi-hardcore level. 

You know how casuals always call hardcore players elitist?  What about the casual snobs who think they are better than us because they don't take their games as "seriously" and spout crap about how we just rush through content, it's about the journey not the destination, and how we are "content locusts" so they can feel vastly superior to us?

Yet, you feel it's okay to not only make conclusions about my gaming needs/habits, but our gaming communities habits in general.  How am I playing games like it's a daytime job?  We all play games to have fun (even professional e-sports players do as they likely would be doing any other career path to be different).  Please keep your trolling out of recruitment threads.  We did not ask for advice on how to play our games.

I'm an old time EQ player and played MUDs before it and I know many people who didn't go through "this cycle" as you call it.  Many of the old time EQ vets are still happy with their current MMOs and enjoying playing in endgame progression on a hardcore or semi-hardcore level. 

You know how casuals always call hardcore players elitist?  What about the casual snobs who think they are better than us because they don't take their games as "seriously" and spout crap about how we just rush through content, it's about the journey not the destination, and how we are "content locusts" so they can feel vastly superior to us?

Couldn't put it better myself. :)

Looking to pick up a few more great players for Neverwinter.  The guild will be deciding its launch plans soon so get your opinion in with us!  Officers and members alike are being sought :)

Our hunt continues!  Players and officers alike are welcome.  Check out our site to see what we're all about!