Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

I came.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Woohoo Darkness Falls.... I mean Depths!

Wow a lot of the mechanics he was talking about in there I've been saying I bet they do for a while now (because I kept hearing no pve, I'm out... and no RVR dungeon because no PVe i'm out).

I kept saying there were all these neat ways to do it, and here we have it confirmed!

I'd have to say, this update excited me the most of any so far.

Just imagine the control mechanics going on on the surface with everything going on underground in the depths. When you gain control of the depths, do you immediately rush down there? because you'll leave your realm defenseless, and you may lose control right away again haha.

Should be some fun stuff.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    The Depths sounds like an amazing place.:)
  • WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    If The Depths turns out half as awesome as it sounds will anyone be defending anything above ground? lol

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
    Yes Wazluk, becuase if you don't you'll lose control. etc.. etc.. there's going to be control mechanics of who owns the depths probably, and you can't just all go there or you'd leave your realm defenseless.

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

What are stretch goal $ amounts?

He copied my vision of the RvR dungeon.....I thought The Pit was a better name!,

now I need talk him into my crafting idea...

• LaeeshLaeesh Member UncommonPosts: 95

srsly, some awesome news! It´s crazy but i love the horror themed aspect´s =) and the TF flavored mechanic gives the crafter class some space to move and really have an impact in creating nasty trap´s and other stuff. (at least i hope so)

MJ mentioned that the depth´s hold some rare materials, great aspect to build a world with zones that aren´t empty but depending on one another. Hope region´s are tied this way often!

Originally posted by Tuktz
    Yes Wazluk, becuase if you don't you'll lose control. etc.. etc.. there's going to be control mechanics of who owns the depths probably, and you can't just all go there or you'd leave your realm defenseless.

Joke.  I know realms will still need to hold above ground.  ;)  I imagine the enterances will be in more contested areas also.

Terminus
    Draken Stalker
    Originally posted by Wazluk
    Originally posted by Tuktz

Joke.  I know realms will still need to hold above ground.  ;)  I imagine the enterances will be in more contested areas also.

My bad lol. Should be interesting to see how they implement the entrances. In DAOC they were in the newbie PVE zone near the realm's capital. Should be interesting to see how they do the control mechanic too. In DAOC it was whoever held the most keeps. I kind of liked that it was a little difficult to take ownership, and also hard to push the enemy out of it when taking it over.

Yeah I really like the horror theme as well, especially tied in with each of the three realms architecture/etc.. having influence in different parts of the depths. The "going to hell" dungeons have been done over and over. Nice to see some spooky/scary horror type theme, of dead/ghosts/spirits/haunting etc...

All the things you'll find there sound pretty awesome, but the thought of basically controlling a raid boss and its minions to try to defend the depths sounds pretty amazing, and rewarding to both sides. Both sides will be leveling/skilling/progressing off of it, and the defenders will want to do it to kill as many of the invaders as possible, and to give the other players in there more time to organize etc... Also the invaders will want to do it to get to all the valuabe stuff in there. Sounds so awesome! Imagine how great it will feel to be the raid boss guy, and to defeat the attackerse hahaha. Dozens of enemies dead scattered around.

• tenfoldedmighttenfoldedmight Member Posts: 54
    WOW that was truly awesome to hear! Didn't think i could get more excited about CU lol
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

You stay sassy!

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

The DEPTHS = Drool

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Very happy to hear the possibility of a DF style dungeon. It's genius to allow players to controls the NPC's. Makes leveling off NPC's still actually RvR. Gonna be an interesting system.
  • tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

Damn man, this game sounds more awesome with every update.

Its a real shame that there isn't a publisher that would back this game with tons of $, yet not tell the design team they have to do things a certain way.

If this game had the funding of games like WoW or Warhammer, millions of dollars, it could seriously blow anything out of the water, and from the sound of things it still might do it as far as gameplay is concerned.

With the way things seemt o be going, I don't think a whole lot of people will miss PvE at all.

Its just that this is different. Its never been done this way before, and nobody really knows what to expect from this system where we don't have to rely on killing a boss to get nice items.

It sounds as if there may not be as much elitism in this game, but I guess the big guilds may find a way to alienate the small guys in The Depths.

Oh boy,  if they add in collision detection, I'm guessing we'll see the "uber guilds" blocking off access to other players from the most valuable mines. Wouldn't that be cute?

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I am pretty amped. He said no PVE leveling, and he stuck to it. After your team loses the dungeon, you have the option to take control of monsters that inhabit the Depths. These player controlled monsters are the only means players can level or gain xp/power through combat with a monster. Add in the resources and forges needed by crafters. Damn, The Depths sounds great.

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Now THAT has been a tasty bit of news...
  • EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    This update was by far more superior and exciting than anything I had previously dared to imagine. Not often am I left speechless. The Video speaks for itself. :)
  • cmacordcmacord Member Posts: 6

Hey guys !!! I'm a rabid old DAoC player who still misses it every day, so I am really excited about CU. I have already made my Kickstarter donation (or w/e you call it), and look forward to every daily update in my email. In today's update, Mark mentioned "stretch goals". Being a total Kickstarter noob, I have no idea what is meant by this. Can someone bring me up to speed please?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Über Forge .....beat Ancient Dragon into submission as he is needed to fuel the crucible.....
  • CypzCypz Member CommonPosts: 19
    2 years .... too long!  ;)  This sounds more amazing everyday.  Great work MJ + CSE.

Cypz/Cypress

MLF(Alb)/Mordred/Lamorak(Mid)

Originally posted by cmacord

Hey guys !!! I'm a rabid old DAoC player who still misses it every day, so I am really excited about CU. I have already made my Kickstarter donation (or w/e you call it), and look forward to every daily update in my email. In today's update, Mark mentioned "stretch goals". Being a total Kickstarter noob, I have no idea what is meant by this. Can someone bring me up to speed please?

Thanks in advance!!!!

$ goal points AFTER the $2M , if met design team goes extra yard

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61
    After this update, we will have more crafters than fighters XD
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The only bad news in all of this was that the Depths is a stretch goal, seems like it should be part of the core delivery, heck, could be the only delivery as far I am concerned.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CypzCypz Member CommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Aeodo
    After this update, we will have more crafters than fighters XD

Hahaha, so true!

Cypz/Cypress

MLF(Alb)/Mordred/Lamorak(Mid)

Originally posted by Kyleran
    The only bad news in all of this was that the Depths is a stretch goal, seems like it should be part of the core delivery, heck, could be the only delivery as far I am concerned.  image

Agreed, it mainly depends on $ amount passed 2 million it will require.

Terminus
    Draken Stalker