Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limit The Number Of New Threads

TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,594Member Uncommon

Could the site limit the number of new threads a poster can create in a day or possibly a week?

This would prevent people from spamming stupid stuff all over the forum and it would inhibit how many new threads a spambot could create.

It would also encourage those who are excited about a game to really think about the thread topic before they post.  There is one game where a poster created 6 new threads today alone along with all the other thread creators.  All but one of those could have been posted in an existing topic.  It's annoying, floods the recent posts feed with one game, and is sort of inconsiderate to the rest of the gaming communities on the site.

That new kickstarter game did inspire this idea, but it could be good as a general guideline and isn't a direct poke at them.  Alternatively, and possibly a better suggestion could be an option to hide entire games from the recent feed.  This would be a user level config.  So if I didn't want to see certain games or threads I could hide them from showing on my feed.

What do you think?  Is this something you would like?  Is it too prohibitive?  Do you have another idea to help filter out forum spam you don't want to see?

• MikeBMikeB Community Manager Queens, NYPosts: 5,793Administrator Uncommon
    Abusive levels of topic creation aren't something we have to deal with often, so forcing a hard limit is not necessary. Simply report a user who is spamming the forums and our moderation team will take care of it.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB