Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Will CU's Kickstarter reach $2 mil?

Comments

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123

Doesn't look like it's going to make it at this rate...

Too bad

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I wonder if it is possible to donate more than $10,000. If my girl friend approves I think I can go upto $50,000, but she is being hard hehe.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• poisonmanpoisonman Member Posts: 59
    you can donate as much as you want, its just the tiers only go up to 10,000 you should get Founder's Points for all the extra, or if you make multiple kickstarter accounts you can buy multiple tiers or however you want to do it really.
    Originally posted by poisonman
    you can donate as much as you want, its just the tiers only go up to 10,000 you should get Founder's Points for all the extra, or if you make multiple kickstarter accounts you can buy multiple tiers or however you want to do it really.

Cool thanks, I'll try to convince her to let me donate more then.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53
    One has to admit that a goal of $2,000,000 is pretty high. Taking a quick browse through the kickstarter 'Game' category, no other games that I can see have asked for two million (though some have been funded past that mark). 
  • tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by Searias
    I wonder if it is possible to donate more than $10,000. If my girl friend approves I think I can go upto $50,000, but she is being hard hehe.

Well if you want to donate that much, you could always donate a 10K in my name! lol

Then you could have the pleasure of knowing that you both donated to the game, and also made a disabled guy very very happy! lol

I kicked in my $110 though, but man thats rough business when you only make $725 a month.

• AchelonAchelon Member Posts: 3
    I placed 25$ as a placeholder, talked with my wife and now were going for 150$ because I want her to play it with me, relive the best game ive played ;)
    Originally posted by taurak

Well if you want to donate that much, you could always donate a 10K in my name! lol

Then you could have the pleasure of knowing that you both donated to the game, and also made a disabled guy very very happy! lol

I kicked in my $110 though, but man thats rough business when you only make $725 a month.

Hehe, I make decent, around 100k per year but, the thing is my gf is kind of nagging me for a new car and I also want this kickstarter to succeed. I am so bored with all the current MMOs out and my only hope for a good game is CU.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I may up mine from $250 warrior forever to $350 hero forever, not for the increased rewards (which, what's the difference exactly? a statue for housing? anything else?), but just to help the project fund.

Can't do any more than that, because my fiance and I are in the middle of paying for our own wedding LOL.

If I won the lottery, I would donate whatever it took to make this game happen though haha.

To be honest though, I think the average pledge form the existing backers is already really high. I don't think any pressure needs to be on the current backers in terms of pledging more (even though I know how much we all want this to succeed).

We need to do what we've been doing, which is getting the word out, and finding new backers. We need to get the total backers up to 10k. What's sad is I know theres way more than 10k people that would love to play this game, but they are hesitant because of the whole kickstarter thing.

I'd be really curious to see what the subs are a month after release. 50k? 100k?

All we need is 10-20k backers, so get out there spreadin the good word!

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by meddyck

The popular $5,000 tiers? All 25 of them? $110 is by far more popular. BTW anybody who wants to donate $5,000 still can. You can pick the $3,000 tier but put in $5,000 for your donation. You just won't get the $5,000 tier rewards but instead will get the $3,000 rewards.

Anyway I expect it to make steady progress until the last 3 or so days when it will get a huge spike from people who already donated increasing their donations to make sure it funds.  Unless donations completely fall off to like under $20,000 a day, it's still in decent shape with lots of days still remaining.

Aye, I think near the end people will be upping their donations for extra founders points once they give us more information what they all actually are and look like, etc.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• outd00rmineroutd00rminer Member Posts: 37
    It'll fund and hit a stretch goal or two or three.  Relax and just keep doing what you've been doing to spread the word people.
  • ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by poisonman

Abouy that, you should make sure you are allowed, it wouldn't be nice to get sued by KS for illegal fund  :/

Well, reading the FAQ of KS should be enough, but maybe you'll have to look further.

Anyway, you shouldn't do it before we are near the end, maybe some people holding back will pledge if they think it won't make it ^^

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I really think there are a lot of people who believe their credit card gets charged immediately and they don't get a refund if the Kickstarter doesn't fund. These people are probably all waiting until the very last day to donate and the rest of us will need to get it up to $1.9 million or something before they will pull the trigger. Yes they are ignorant and should read the FAQ on Kickstarter or the hundreds of posts here and elsewhere explaining how Kickstarter works. I'm not sure why it's such a hard thing to understand. Probably all the trolls here and elsewhere claiming this is all a scam and the game will never get made even if it funds don't help.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by taurak

50k is 1%  of the funding.......I'd see if they are taking silent investors.....you get actual dividends but have no input

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I really think there are a lot of people who believe their credit card gets charged immediately and they don't get a refund if the Kickstarter doesn't fund. These people are probably all waiting until the very last day to donate and the rest of us will need to get it up to $1.9 million or something before they will pull the trigger. Yes they are ignorant and should read the FAQ on Kickstarter or the hundreds of posts here and elsewhere explaining how Kickstarter works. I'm not sure why it's such a hard thing to understand. Probably all the trolls here and elsewhere claiming this is all a scam and the game will never get made even if it funds don't help.

Even if it funds, the game really may never be made. People that claim this aren't trolls. That's part of the risk of donating to a Kickstarter project and people should understand that before they commit their money to it. There are hundreds of reasons why projects fail to release after they get funding whether it be from crowd funding or private funding. 

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by colddog04

Even if it funds, the game really may never be made. People that claim this aren't trolls. That's part of the risk of donating to a Kickstarter project and people should understand that before they commit their money to it. There are hundreds of reasons why projects fail to release after they get funding whether it be from crowd funding or private funding. 

Perhaps, but it's not yours, nor anyone else's, responsibility to protect random-internet-strangers from themselves.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Hjamnr

Perhaps, but it's not yours, nor anyone else's, responsibility to protect random-internet-strangers from themselves.

Responsibility has nothing to do with it. Expressing opinions and discussing topics on forums is something many people enjoy. If anything, it's makes more sense for a person to express the reality of the situation on a forum than it does to propagate a fantasy. All of the "this will be so awesome, just give them your money" rhetoric is, in my opinion, less valuable than someone expressing the reality of the situation.

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Hjamnr

Responsibility has nothing to do with it. Expressing opinions and discussing topics on forums is something many people enjoy. If anything, it's makes more sense for a person to express the reality of the situation on a forum than it does to propagate a fantasy. All of the "this will be so awesome, just give them your money" rhetoric is, in my opinion, less valuable than someone expressing the reality of the situation.

Kickstarters are a new business model, and as a concept are scary for many folks.  In my opinion, though, it allows the community to choose to support and possibly bring to fruition concepts/products that they would like to see.

This is very contrary to the established model that exists in the industry now, which is little more than "We're making the next WoW-killer!  Publishers give us your money and we'll make you billions!!!!"  And end up with the community being force-fed yet another WoW-clone which moves to a F2P model within 6 months of release.

$25, or around that, isn't really a risk, if it could help bring some ideas, which you think are good, to life.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Sure it's a possibility but not a very likely one. Some of the trolls in here make it sound like a certainty that if the Kickstarter funds the game will never be released. Mark and Andrew have made MMOs before, so there's an excellent chance they can get this one finished if they get the funding.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Yall convinced me. Increased my pledge from $250 to $350. I think thats warrior forever TO hero forever. I really want to see project fund.

I guess that's a possibility that it funds and never gets released, but not very likely I feel. It's also possible I walk outside and get struck by lightening or a plane crashes on me, but that's not very likely either, and isn't going to keep me from going outside and enjoying life.

I guess it's a matter of viewing all the information released, all the interviews, videos, blogs, foundational principles etc... and also knowing about the people on the team (at least 2 or 3 of them). I feel compfortable enough to hope that this game happens and is successful. That's personal discretion I guess whether you feel that compfortable. However I laugh at people acting like they're signing their first kid away, or donating a kidney. You could donate a measly $1, or $25, and spread over a 2-3 year development cycle, did that really make any kind of material setback to your finances? If it did, maybe you shouldn't be playing games in general?

Besides, some of the big time gave publishers have released games anyway that they probably shouldn't have. Isn't that just as bad as not releasing one? Maybe those big pubs shouldn't have rather than releasing unfinished or bad ones LOL.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Really?!?!

Listen to your girlfriend. If you have that much disposable cash to spend you should consider donating to causes alot more worthy than a video game on KS.

Just a thought......

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Funding will be close but the real question is, can  CSE make the game that everyone is hoping for with a 5 million dollar budget and keep it running with limited subs.

I saw something that said Mark is hoping for about 50K monthly subs.  Considering that the serious fans of this project (aka: those that have contributed so far) only amount to about 7K players I think that's gonna be a problem, especially when you consider that many of those 7K players won't have to pay a sub for quite some time based on the Kickstarter rewards.

Nonetheless, it's been very interesting to watch this process unfold.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    It will hit it no sweat
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• tenfoldedmighttenfoldedmight Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Really?!?!

Listen to your girlfriend. If you have that much disposable cash to spend you should consider donating to causes alot more worthy than a video game on KS.

Just a thought......

More worthy then a game? Whats more worthy or not is not a fact. It's the decision of the person willing to donate.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

@Jdnewell

What causes? Tell me. Charities? You realize that they've found around 93% of that money never reaches the people who needs it, and just lines pockets?

Also, it's his money. He earned it. He can do what he wants with it. Though I agree with you in the sense that it ias a massive amount of money and honestly I think he shouldn't...but at the same time I want the game funded, and if he can swing it...why not? A game he could play for a decade isn't a terribad reward.

@Guy who wants to spend 50K

YOu can contact MJ in the KS  page, using "Ask a question", and donate 50,000 as an Angel investor. That'll pretty much get you everything rewards wise, an Island, Inn, home, a million FP, ectera. MJ is good at rewarding people.

Also, you'll be a Legend. You'll be making tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, happy, and supporting a company and their families.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained