Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 New TESO screenshots :)

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Love the lighting...

Water looks great...

Fight for your life! Damn I wish I could sail that ship in the background...

This one is a bit rough...

Really reminds me of an area in LOTRO

Decent shadow work

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Man, looks great visually
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Sail the ship? By the look of it Ill bet you cant even swim.

-100pts for waist deep water

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

It could be parked in a cove just off the beach...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

O.o

I think the character is on a beach... notice the creature's legs are also barely in the water...

Granted I don't know if you can swim or not but I wouldn't assume you couldn't because of this screenshot... kinda silly to, don't you think?

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Nice screens! TY

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The aesthetics of the game remind me of Morrowind, all the while looking as good as something I would expect coming out in 2013 (for an MMORPG).

The only game that looks better is probably FFXIV A Realm Reborn, and maybe Guild Wars 2 on a super resolution monitor.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • SquatchinSquatchin Member Posts: 93

Looks great so far, little concerned with the character creation, hope it's a robust system.

But thanks for posting those screens!image

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Beatiful screenshots! The only things that I'm worried about are character faces. I certainly hope that we can make better looking characters oh man. O.o The faces in an unmodded Skyrim left a lot to be desired, so I certainly hope they've improved upon that.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    ah, the next on deaconx's hype->bash->drop list.
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

Be fair, most MMO gamers go through those motions ;)

Besides, yeah I hyped SWTOR I suppose as I was very excited at the possibilities with a new Star Wars MMORPG - heck it was BIOWARE doing a STAR WARS MMORPG... who knew they'd make so many horribly weak decisions with it.  It could have/should have been amazing. They dropped the ball and I stopped being excited for it pretty much as soon as the first images and bits of info were coming out ... and then once I was in beta and saw the direction they were taking.

As for GW2 which I did hype, I'm still playing and loving the game.

Thanks for ... following my posts though? Lil creepy but it's cool :)

Btw just because a game shows potential and I see potential in it, and share my interest on a forum for exactly that purpose, doesn't mean I'm a hype machine.  Heck, I've never said 'THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST GAME EVER AND BE A WOW KILLER' or something as ignorant as that about any game. I'll leave the hype to the experts.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

... THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST GAME EVER AND BE A WOW KILLER...

You heard it here first!

Disclaimer: Quoted post may or may not have been taken out of context.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by cura

For me potentially +100 pts for not swimming in armour.

Sounds like something Zenimax would do, redesign the ocean to be only 2 ft deep so that people can't swim with armor on.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    Originally posted by rygard49

... THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST GAME EVER AND BE A WOW KILLER...

You heard it here first!

Disclaimer: Quoted post may or may not have been taken out of context.

Only Blizzard can kil WoW lol

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

O.o

I think the character is on a beach... notice the creature's legs are also barely in the water...

Granted I don't know if you can swim or not but I wouldn't assume you couldn't because of this screenshot... kinda silly to, don't you think?

From the PAX demo you can swim but you can't dive.

Having said that, I agree, it's obvious that they are on the beach. What's not obvious is how far off that ship is.

edit: did you take these or are these posted somewhere?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I like that the character looks as though they've been knocked back and are holding themself up with their left arm. Can't tell if that's really the case or not, but that's how it appears.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs Originally posted by DeaconX Fight for your life! Damn I wish I could sail that ship in the background...
      Sail the ship? By the look of it Ill bet you cant even swim. -100pts for waist deep water
    I like that the character looks as though they've been knocked back and are holding themself up with their left arm. Can't tell if that's really the case or not, but that's how it appears.

it kinda looks like GW2 after you have been knocked down and are trying to survive before you die.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Besides, yeah I hyped SWTOR I suppose as I was very excited at the possibilities with a new Star Wars MMORPG - heck it was BIOWARE doing a STAR WARS MMORPG... who knew they'd make so many horribly weak decisions with it.  It could have/should have been amazing. They dropped the ball and I stopped being excited for it pretty much as soon as the first images and bits of info were coming out ... and then once I was in beta and saw the direction they were taking.

Btw just because a game shows potential and I see potential in it, and share my interest on a forum for exactly that purpose, doesn't mean I'm a hype machine.  Heck, I've never said 'THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST GAME EVER AND BE A WOW KILLER' or something as ignorant as that about any game. I'll leave the hype to the experts.

You really have no need to justify yourself for that. We all judge a game on what we know, and then we give an honest impression. Sometimes hopeful, sometimes disappointed. And yeah, this sort of "I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID 5 YEARS AGO" is spooky. XD

That said: I say it looks good. But all can be made to look better, if you just make screenshots the right way. I am skeptical with the Hero Engine, esp. after one of the SWTOR devs revealed MOST of the many million dollars of SWTOR went into the crappy Engine.

If SWTOR is by any means representative of the Hero Engine I remain skeptical. They don't have much of a distance drawing nor any really populated towns or cities. Maybe it's the engine, maybe just Bioware's inability. Who knows. So yes it does look good, but these days I am harder to convince. I want to see ingame HD vids, or ideally I want to see it myself.

I like the earth tones, the Morrowind-ish style.

A guildie of mine is in TESO beta, of course he didn't say anything, NDA and all, save: he said it played much like an Elder Scrolls game. Which imo is good.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    It looks like the elder scrolls to me. I do like how the elves look quite alien and obviously superior. :)
    Originally posted by Elikal

You really have no need to justify yourself for that. We all judge a game on what we know, and then we give an honest impression. Sometimes hopeful, sometimes disappointed. And yeah, this sort of "I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID 5 YEARS AGO" is spooky. XD

That said: I say it looks good. But all can be made to look better, if you just make screenshots the right way. I am skeptical with the Hero Engine, esp. after one of the SWTOR devs revealed MOST of the many million dollars of SWTOR went into the crappy Engine.

If SWTOR is by any means representative of the Hero Engine I remain skeptical. They don't have much of a distance drawing nor any really populated towns or cities. Maybe it's the engine, maybe just Bioware's inability. Who knows. So yes it does look good, but these days I am harder to convince. I want to see ingame HD vids, or ideally I want to see it myself.

A guildie of mine is in TESO beta, of course he didn't say anything, NDA and all, save: he said it played much like an Elder Scrolls game. Which imo is good.

Thanks Elikal - good to see you still around :)

Of course I don't have to justify myself, but I wanted to be clear.

The thing about the Hero Engine is... when James Ohlen went to see his buddy who was developing the Hero Engine, James said 'That's what we need! We need this for SWTOR!'

His buddy told him 'It's not ready - it's just being developed now.'

James replied 'It's fine I want this now! We can fill in the rest of the code ourselves!'

I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what happend. Short sighted decision. The top decision makers on SWTOR completely screwed that game up. Not EA, not Hero Engine (though I can't actually speak for the quality of the FINISHED enigne), but BIOWARE folks in charge. The blame rests squarely on them.

But back to TESO, I think there's a diamond in the rough here.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Elikal

Thanks Elikal - good to see you still around :)

Of course I don't have to justify myself, but I wanted to be clear.

The thing about the Hero Engine is... when James Ohlen went to see his buddy who was developing the Hero Engine, James said 'That's what we need! We need this for SWTOR!'

James replied 'It's fine I want this now! We can fill in the rest of the code ourselves!'

I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what happend. Short sighted decision. The top decision makers on SWTOR completely screwed that game up. Not EA, not Hero Engine (though I can't actually speak for the quality of the FINISHED enigne), but BIOWARE folks in charge. The blame rests squarely on them.

But back to TESO, I think there's a diamond in the rough here.

Thanks, same to you. ^^

Oh my, to think it all fell down to Ohlen and this decision. Sad. :( So sad.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Maybe im going blind, but looks grainey and textured to me....not smooth or blended at all in some places.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what happend. 

I hope you won't find this creepy, but from what I remember, that was Gordon Walton who said all that and not James Ohlen. :)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    screens look good. I hope the boat you see and the moutains in the distance are playable, not like the prettty picture games we've been getting.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    those picture surely look way Better then the 20 Min leaked video that we got today.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• superpatasuperpata Member UncommonPosts: 190
    The so called vid did not even have water reflections so yes graphics were not optimal.