Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Great Weapon Fighter Montage Video Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cryptic Studios has released a new montage video featuring the Great Weapon Fighter that will be included as one of the character classes in Neverwinter. The next beta weekend for Founders will kick off tomorrow, April 12th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Videos dont sell this game...  they dont look anything but generic...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60
    I've watched quite a few videos of the past 3 beta's and I'm ready to get in there and melt some faces. I hope some down the line can make a good 'Keep on the Borderlands' or 'Against the Giants'  adventure in the Foundry. Hope to see you all in-game.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Drinkingbear
     I'm ready to get in there and melt some faces.

Most of the faces in this game already look like someone melted them.

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100
    The "Great" fighter... Oh Neverwinter you're so silly!
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Most of the faces in this game already look like someone melted them.

ahahaha :)

• SeptdeezSeptdeez Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I very much enjoyed the GWF I usually play the rogue class in mmo's but I fell in love with this class.
  • PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

Actualy one thing they are testing is the ability to choose your skills now...so the next closed beta test being tommorrow may have alot of interesting new things in it.

The only detraction for me so far has been the anchored combat attacks...and if you know what that is.....thats where you target your foe and swing the weapon to get stuck inthe animation.....and unabale to move.....thus the enemies can run behind you and hit and atatck you while your attack basicaly misses.

The mage for example has a blnk teleport to help them get out of the way....and you cant use it alot becasue of the anchoring effect.  Not that it would help since it wont go through enemies or twigs or anything.  Rolls and sprinting can run through enemies...but teleportation seams to not be able to.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    so looking forward to this game.cant wait for release.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    My class of choice.  Looking good!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• IixiaIixia Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Video looks fine to me, all it does is make my itch to play it, itcher.... >.< Can haz now? :(
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    As said already few times: as long as there is 3rd person view and can move with both mouse buttons pressed.... i will try it.
  • MrfoxknoxMrfoxknox Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I wish I could try it...Anyone got a friend key over this weekend? If you want a gaming partner and don't know what to do with the key you can pm me and I'll be more than happy to use it