Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Peace Offering Given For Launch Issues

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds is offering players several gifts to compensate for the rough launch of Defiance. Players can redeem gifts by opening the Defiance Store and claiming an exclusive in-game title and four one week boosts.

Let's face it: Launch had issues. For that we sincerely apologize. In an effort to make amends and say thanks for going through this with us, your in-game account now has a gift* from us to you:

• Exclusive Launch-Only In-Game Title: Daredevil

• 1-Week Weapons Skill Boost

• 1-Week Scrip Boost

• 1-Week Loot Boost

• 1-Week XP Boost

Meanwhile, we've been working around the clock to deliver a gaming experience that exceeds your expectations. We've made great improvements. There is a massive client patch coming next week and then another two weeks after that. Yes, we're that serious about improvements, continuous evolution, updates, new content. We're not afraid of commitment. And we're in this for the (very) long haul.

Check out the contents of next week's big patch and the developer blog about it on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

I just love Trion.

• danh2osdanh2os Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Good game. Could be great someday. It needs a bit more depth and social integration. Still it's a lot of fun. Keep up the good work Trion.
  • casual187casual187 Member Posts: 32

too little too late!!!!   

J/k j/k :)  Nice to see trion get ahead of any drama.

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    This why im glad that Trion is publishing AA
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I don't play Defiance as it's not my type of game, but I did play RIFT and in my eyes Trion is one of the best companies out there. GL to Trion with Defiance.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Trion is my favorite developer.  They really didn't even have to offer the free stuff, I still would've liked them.  They made Rift what it is, and it's still fun as heck, even on alts.  They made End of Nations, but delayed the release until far down the road (I don't even think there's a projected launch date is there?), after LISTENING to thier testers that the game was good, but still needed some work.  I've noticed in Defiance, from beta to beta they changed several things that the testers said needed changed...That's what makes Trion the best imho, they listen.
  • SeptdeezSeptdeez Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I am enjoying the game. I have encountered some bugs, but it helps when I company admits and compensates for those things rather than just saying ah well its launch so you should expect it.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    This is why we wait....Almost every MMO has major launch issues and Im sure not going to pay 60 dollars for it......
  • RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Unless the big patch replaces the 360 version on my PC with a proper one they can stuff it.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Trion is my favorite developer.  They really didn't even have to offer the free stuff, I still would've liked them.  They made Rift what it is, and it's still fun as heck, even on alts.  They made End of Nations, but delayed the release until far down the road (I don't even think there's a projected launch date is there?), after LISTENING to thier testers that the game was good, but still needed some work.  I've noticed in Defiance, from beta to beta they changed several things that the testers said needed changed...That's what makes Trion the best imho, they listen.

Would love to see Trion develop a Triple-A PvE sandbox MMO instead of publishing ArcheAge which is in many ways typical of Asian themed MMO's, which limits a huge segment of the population in the west like me.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Trion offers a gift, everyone praises them.

EA offers a gift for SimCity, everyone shits on them.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by troublmaker

Trion offers a gift, everyone praises them.

EA offers a gift for SimCity, everyone shits on them.

Im not angry at EA either, ea has provided plenty of enjoyment for me with little hassle (gues Im the lucky one), I just hate how they twist and turn and down right deny when something is.. amis.

I think its commendeble how forth coming Trion is, they came out after the very 1st day appologising and acknowlaging problems. This really is the main thing players want, sure we dont want to experiance any issues but when we get atleast acknowlagement we are alot more willing to endure.

• MenzeldinhoMenzeldinho Member Posts: 12
    Defiance is no different to any MMO launch really, but trion see they have released something with some bugs and try to help out the community as much as they can, hats off to you trion, hats off.
  • archy1985archy1985 Member Posts: 11
    trion <3
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by velmax
    This why im glad that Trion is publishing AA

very true

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Trion is a great company atleast
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

funny thing you call it a peace offering -becouse as far as ive read on their forums nobody  is mouthing off any issues really- well maybe Xbox players, but hey...its Xbox.

i think they are doin this becouse of the delay Xbox has contributed for TRion come April15th- they expected DLC...and weel thats been pushed back....Xbox is really the turds that should be handing out gifts. imo.

ive been having a blast with this game! its like a borderlands expansion!-lotta fun!

• maciopamaciopa Member CommonPosts: 49

Worst Customer Support ever. I did ask them for a compensation for that faulty launch and they replied that they would not do ANYTHING for me as a compensation. I did ask for either xp boost/script boost or any other kind of "gift" that would show that Trion cares.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by maciopa

Worst Customer Support ever. I did ask them for a compensation for that faulty launch and they replied that they would not do ANYTHING for me as a compensation. I did ask for either xp boost/script boost or any other kind of "gift" that would show that Trion cares.

How are they the worst, when they're giving you what you wanted?

Edit: People still play on xbox? rofl :P

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

I think the game is pretty good.  But it is sorely lacking is the ability to Push to Talk, and when you turn off Voice Comms (since there is no PTT) you disable all text chat... Who does that ? lol!

Fix it and the game will get even better!